shape
carat
color
clarity

Did superbcert change names?

vickan240sx

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm a little confused, so I hope one of you will be able to help me.

I've been browsing the web and reading old posts about Tiffany replicas and superbcert from Excel Diamonds comes up a lot as being one of the best replicas available. However when I visit their website through the links provided in the forum posts, I don't see any reference to superbcert. Did they change names or something? Is this the same ring?

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engag...nt-Rings-11/Tiffany-Engagement-Rings-640.html

Also, I saw a lot of references to the Vatche U113 ring. Did this ring overtake the superbcert ring?

Thank you very much for your help in this matter.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has been years since anyone bought that ring. Many have gone to the Vatche U-113 because it is better, and there are a couple of other nice options. Maytal Hannah makes one and CVB Inspired Design makes one. You can find CVB Inspired Design on FB and look at the photos and see hers. There may be one on Maytal's page as well.

vickan240sx

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1429909891|3867318 said:
It has been years since anyone bought that ring. Many have gone to the Vatche U-113 because it is better, and there are a couple of other nice options. Maytal Hannah makes one and CVB Inspired Design makes one. You can find CVB Inspired Design on FB and look at the photos and see hers. There may be one on Maytal's page as well.

Oh really? No wonder I haven't been able to find any more recent posts about that ring. When I bought my fiancé her engagement ring, I didn't know anything about the band. The jeweler had a Tiffany replica, but it doesn't look quite as good because the knife edge is too sharp and the crown blocks too much light. Sadly to say, I was just so concerned with the diamond that I neglected to research on the band. Since our wedding date is next year, I want to surprise her by getting that perfect Tiffany replica.

If you could share some insight as to what makes the Vatche U-113 ring better that'll be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those were inconsistent in quality, as far as I am concerned. The last one that was posted here was a few years ago, and the head was just not done well and others had similar issues. The owner eventually changed to the Vatche setting. Several of us here have the Vatche one. But recently I have seen the others I mentioned. I'll see if I can post the pictures for you.

snasc1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of the Vatche U-113:

mynewvatche1.jpg

Attachments

• _98.bmp
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,339

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CVB Inspired Design, Maytal Hannah, and also Whiteflash...(note that when diamonds are different sizes, that obviously has an effect on the scale and shape of the head.)

tiffanyreprocvbinspireddesign1.jpg

tiffanyrepromaytalhannah.jpg

tiffanyreprowhiteflash.jpg

vickan240sx

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for the great info. Do you know if the vatche u-113 edge is a knife edge, and if so, is it very sharp? One of the problems with the current ring my fiancé has is that the knife edge is too sharp. So I'm hoping the vatche edge is slightly more rounded.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is not a problem once a wedding band is worn with the ring as long as the height of the wedding band is the same as the height of the e-ring shank. Is that the reason you are wanting to change it? Because I think that problem will be solved once she can wear a wedding band. My Vatche does have a ridge that I could feel if wearing the ring alone and squishing my fingers together. But I cannot feel it when it is right next to a 2mm wide band that is the same height as the Vatche ring.

If it bothers her too much and she can't wait until she gets the wedding band, then go to a good jeweler with a good bench and see if they can polish down the knife edge a little bit. If the setting is nice otherwise, there really is no reason to start over.

vickan240sx

Rough_Rock
The current setting has the diamond a little too high for her liking. Also, the prongs seem to block a little too much light. This is the best picture I could find of the current ring. Too bad I don't have an image from the side though. Does the vatche setting have the diamond sitting up high? Also, are the prongs pretty thick? The diamond we have is 1.13ct only so if the prongs are too thick, they'll block too much light I think. That's one of the problems we currently have.

_29553.jpg

_29553.jpg

vickan240sx

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1429933823|3867469 said:

Do you know how large of a diamond this is?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I second Arkie's suggestion of the Brian Gavin classic Tiffany half round setting. I have this and it is very well made and very comfortable to wear.

img_7737.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vickan240sx|1430025637|3867915 said:
diamondseeker2006|1429933823|3867469 said:

Do you know how large of a diamond this is?

The first picture had a 7.5mm stone. I don't know about the second. But to answer your question, they set the stones medium height.

It doesn't look like the jeweler did a great job with your prongs. It's not so much that they are blocking light, but the tips may be bigger than necessary and not shaped well.

I was just assuming she wanted a Tiffany repro which means knife edge, but some of these posted already (such as CVB and Maytal) absolutely can be made with a round shank in addition to BG. In fact, Victor Canera makes a gorgeous one, too.

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-gabriella-six-prong-solitaire

vickan240sx

Rough_Rock
Where to buy Vatche U113 near Los Angeles?

Hi,

Which jewelry store would you recommend buying the Vatche U113 from near Los Angeles? It seems Readers Fine Jewelers is the only Vatche retailer in Los Angeles? Also, does the jeweler send my diamond to Vatche themselves to have them set the diamond? How does that work?

Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know about Vatche retailers in LA, but I will tell you that they should send the stone to Vatche to be set. I can tell you that mine was. So do ask that question. I would not use a jeweler who said they'd set the diamond in their store.

I do want to say again, though, that the knife edge definitely can be felt when not wearing a wedding band and the fingers are pressed together. Just be sure she really wants a knife edge band. I suppose you can ask Vatche to try to soften the edge a little.

If you are getting platinum, ask for 95% platinum and 5% ruthenium as it is harder than their standard alloy. They have done that at no extra charge in the past.

cristina8648

Rough_Rock
do you have more pictures of the tiffanyreprowhiteflash??

cristina8648

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1429935633|3867475 said:
CVB Inspired Design, Maytal Hannah, and also Whiteflash...(note that when diamonds are different sizes, that obviously has an effect on the scale and shape of the head.)

Do you have more pictures of the "tiffany repro from whiteflash", its because I asked Whiteflash about that setting and they say that it could also be a Vatche U 113 too.. Do you have more pictures of that ring, or of that setting (WF)..?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I"m not sure if it's a name change or just multiple brands but yes, Superbcert and Exceldiamonds are the same folks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cristina8648|1438033146|3908095 said:
diamondseeker2006|1429935633|3867475 said:

Do you have more pictures of the "tiffany repro from whiteflash", its because I asked Whiteflash about that setting and they say that it could also be a Vatche U 113 too.. Do you have more pictures of that ring, or of that setting (WF)..?

They do carry the Vatche ring, but they have carried a generic one for years.

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/classic-tiffany-style-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-713.htm

The only recent one I can think of has a large stone in it, but they did a really nice job on the prongs, etc. I know she asked for the knife-edge to be softened a little. She got this one because she may reset in the future.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-5-ct-whiteflash-aca.210847/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-5-ct-whiteflash-aca.210847/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results