carat
color
clarity

Are you happy?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1436160405|3899390 said:
I am not happy

Tears well up in my eyes and run down my face in the most inappropriate times. I never got over losing my alter ego, so I am ill-equipped for losing my best friend, though it is immanent.
I'm sorry, this is not what you started this thread for.
Don't mind me

{{{ }}} to you. I'm sorry about your situation and wish you nothing but peace and love.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1436160405|3899390 said:
I am not happy

Tears well up in my eyes and run down my face in the most inappropriate times. I never got over losing my alter ego, so I am ill-equipped for losing my best friend, though it is immanent.
I'm sorry, this is not what you started this thread for.
Don't mind me

VapidLapid, I'm so sorry you are going thru this. I wish there was something I could do to take away the pain you feel. Please know we are all here to give you support and friendship and that we are here for you. I wish I lived closer to you. I know my furbaby would be able to put a smile on your face for a few moments. I'm sending many hugs your way.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I am happy. I should be more grateful. My family is healthy and safe. I have so much love in my life. I am very blessed.

I tend to focus on the areas of my life that need improvement. Whether that be in relationships, with my career, with to-do's for the house...I feel like I am too focused on what is ahead of me that I do not stop to appreciate the journey.

Lately I've thought a lot about how I want my children to remember me when I've passed. Will they remember me as a driven, goal-oriented stressball or will they remember me as a loving, caring (but still very capable), HAPPY mother who cherished her time with her kids? I remind myself of that multiple times a day and it helps me to be the kind of woman I WANT to be. (This actually started when Byron passed and the regrets I had about not being the kind of dog owner I wish I had been).

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes. I am blessed and healthy and loved and in love and so very happy. It doesnt hurt that I am currently lying on the grass with some delicious local wine, in the grounds of the chateau in the Loire Valley we've rented for our vacation this year. Being on vacation in a beautiful place with my family makes me happy. I'm happy at home too, but this is extra! I've had rough times to compare this with, and I an thankful for having reached this point in my life, where I am truly happy.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
azstonie|1436123961|3899234 said:
I've been watching this thread.

I've been wrestling with regrets the past 7 years. I do not recommend regret, it's lethal. I can't bypass it because I'm processing FOO damage and I have to take responsibility for what's mine.

I'm learning to go lightly with it. That helps a lot. I do have happy moments and longer, and I'm grateful for those.

Allow me to be presumptuous--Regrets are lethal. Let go of them and enjoy and appreciate what you have NOW. Regrets and anger almost ended my marriage until I learned how to let go and enjoy the present.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.
Used to be. I don't need much to be happy.

Mortgage not paid.
Through a great kindness and passing of some found money (and hopefully some good luck), we still have electricity.
Need to find something else to sell for cash by Wednesday to keep phone on.
Car not paid. Hoping to trade it in for cheap used with no payment.
Using food stamps for first time ever.
DH turned down on jobs.
My applications turned down.

So... Not sure if we can keep house, may lose car, no success in job search.

But we keep on trying. It WILL get better.

Anyway... Back to submitting applications.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1436226057|3899672 said:
No.

Mortgage not paid.
Through a great kindness and passing of some found money (and hopefully some good luck), we still have electricity.
DH turned down on jobs.

Prayers and dust for you TooPatient! Big hugs!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
No.

Mortgage not paid.
DH turned down on jobs.

I'm sorry to hear things are so difficult for you right now TP! I will keep you in my thoughts with hopes that things turn around for you soon

4ever

Ideal_Rock
aljdewey|1436198098|3899499 said:
I am happy, and I have to say that I really loved iLander's post, because it underscores why I think I'm happy.

For me, overall happiness is a choice....or more accurately, a series of choices. It's clear from iLander's post that she chooses to focus on all the good in her life and let those things set the tone for her happiness, and that's a key element for me, too. I choose to emphasize the good and let that feed my energy - that's the primary choice. Being grateful for my good job; grateful for my husband; grateful for my close family and close friendships, etc.

Secondary choices would be evaluating things in my life that have the potential to diminish my happiness. I tend to separate those into two groups - those I have the power to actively influence or change, and those that I cannot change and have to find peace with. Choosing to let go of unhealthy or toxic relationships would be an example of the first - I have the power to change some of the things that can make me unhappy. The loss of my dog would be an example of the second - I cannot change it, but I can choose to focus on the joy he brought to me for the many years I had him, and how lucky I was to be his human.

I agree entirely, well said!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Mortgage not paid.
DH turned down on jobs.

Hugs TP. things will get better soon!!... :appl:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Too Patient, I am sending you all my dust. They are like bunnies; they multiply like mad. There will be happiness again.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Mortgage not paid.
DH turned down on jobs.

oh, TP, I had no idea :(sad

I hope you come out of this soon...don't lose hope.

Sending you good wishes and thoughts and hope.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1436218522|3899621 said:
azstonie|1436123961|3899234 said:
I've been watching this thread.

I've been wrestling with regrets the past 7 years. I do not recommend regret, it's lethal. I can't bypass it because I'm processing FOO damage and I have to take responsibility for what's mine.

I'm learning to go lightly with it. That helps a lot. I do have happy moments and longer, and I'm grateful for those.

Allow me to be presumptuous--Regrets are lethal. Let go of them and enjoy and appreciate what you have NOW. Regrets and anger almost ended my marriage until I learned how to let go and enjoy the present.

You're right about that. I have to work every day trying to refocus my mind from regrets to gratitude for what I do have. Some late nights when I can't sleep the Regrets Parade starts marching through my mind.

Thank you for commenting and I appreciate the help.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only skimmed through this thread so I am sure I've missed others who are having a difficult time.

I just wanted to say I hope whatever you're going through is only temporary and that better times come soon.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'm really saddened to hear of the struggles so many here are facing, and sending my best wishes for things to turn around. Hugs.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
All in all I would say I have a very happy life. I have went through some dark times in my past, but those are long behind me. I have a fiancé who I love with all my heart, two little pug baby's that mean more to me than any human child ever could. We just moved into our dream home back in September in a great part of town. My fiancé loves to give me jewelry as gifts, because he knows how much I love the bling. Are there things I could complain about. Of course there are, but the great, happy things outweigh them. All that being said, you must find true happiness within yourself before you can find it in another. I hope things get better for those having a tough go at it on here. This life is so short, we have to make the best of it while we can. :wavey:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, happy and feeling grateful. Having lived through hard, unhappy times makes it feel even sweeter.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
In general, yes, I'm happy. I have a job that is challenging and so much fun. I have a fantastic husband who I love spending time with, no matter what we're doing. I have a new niece who is ridiculously adorable. I have lifelong friends who I am grateful to have. I have a great relationship with my parents, and I talk with them often. I have two cats who bring me much joy. We live near the ocean, and being near water makes me very happy.

Could I be happier? Yes. I do feel like something's missing, but I'm not sure what it is. I'd like to learn how to let go of things I can't control. I'd like to have more friends where we live, as most of my friends don't live locally. I should count my blessings more often and not worry about what I don't have.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Abraham Lincoln said, "most folks are only as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Like most people, I have been through some difficult stuff in my life. I have gone through periods of depression and periods of happiness. I did not always take responsibility for my own happiness. I would mirror other people's emotions and was very externally focused. It took lots of time to realize why I thought and felt the way I did. I have been able to change myself and appreciate what works in my life instead of obsesses what isn't working. There was a time when I wouldn't have agreed with Lincoln's quote. Today, I do. That is not implying my life is perfect in anyway. Accepting life on life's term...that has really let me learn to be happy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results