shape
carat
color
clarity

WF or BE Melee for Half Eternity Band

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am interested in getting a 9 Stone 15 point prong set half eternity for our 10 year anniversary next year (hopefully DH will let me get it for Christmas). I have received quotes from WF, IDJ and ERD/BE. I am waiting to hear from BGD. I want something similar to the .15 WF eternity that M2B used to have. I want F/G VS stones. Currently, I am leaning toward WF or ERD/BE.

My question is regarding melee quality. Is it worth it to have WF ACA or will I be just as thrilled with ERD/Brilliantly Engaged's melee?

Should I look at any other vendor's?

Here are some pics that I found of M2B's gorgeous band (I hope that you don'g mind me using them, M2B)-

screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_10.png

screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_6.png

screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_4.png

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Crystal! :wavey: It's good to see my old WF eternity band again, lol!

I can only speak for myself and have never examined BE melee IRL, but I have not been disappointed in the quality of any ACA melee piece that I've owned. BTW, Yssie has a similar tcw band in the WF u-prong style so check out her thread also! Good luck to you in your decision!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
I just got a WF 15 pt full eternity (U prong) and I love it!!
It is bright, sparkly, and shoots off colors in the sun. I haven't had time to take good pics but hoping to post this weekend.

proto

Shiny_Rock
have you considered full cut vs single cut yet?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
m-2-b|1428721383|3860203 said:
Hi Crystal! :wavey: It's good to see my old WF eternity band again, lol!

I can only speak for myself and have never examined BE melee IRL, but I have not been disappointed in the quality of any ACA melee piece that I've owned. BTW, Yssie has a similar tcw band in the WF u-prong style so check out her thread also! Good luck to you in your decision!

I am glad to hear of your high praise for WF's melee! I love your former eternity- the pinched in, tiny prongs and the size of the diamonds are just the perfect combination for a RH ring IMO.

I am using WF as my standard for diamond performance and am curious to know if Brilliantly Engaged's melee is comparable. Hopefully some other PS'ers will weigh in on this matter. The price of the 15 pointers from WF is just a bit above our budget. I don't mind going to 14 or even 13 pointers to bring the cost down to fit within our budget if DH won't let me go over. However, if I go with BE, then I can get two rings instead of one. ;)) I have my eye on a channel set eternity to wear as a wedding band and want it sooner rather than later (of course!).

I checked out Yssie's thread also. Her ring is stunning! She was extremely pleased with the performance of her ACA melee also.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
mns12|1428723595|3860214 said:
Hi!
I just got a WF 15 pt full eternity (U prong) and I love it!!
It is bright, sparkly, and shoots off colors in the sun. I haven't had time to take good pics but hoping to post this weekend.

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of it! How exciting :)

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
proto|1428727317|3860252 said:
have you considered full cut vs single cut yet?

Currently my thoughts for the 15 point RH band include full cut diamonds.

I actually just received my first band with single cut diamonds today. The postman just dropped it off, and it is gorgeous! I ordered this "temporary" antique wedding band on Ebay when I realized that the 10 year anniversary band may cost more than I anticipated which leaves me with one ring for this milestone instead of two. I am so pleased with it! In addition to the 15 point RH anniversary band, I also wanted to get a thin eternity band to wear as an alternate wedding band when I desire more bling on my e-ring finger.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
mns12- Did you get a chance to take any pictures of your new ring this weekend?

lb0424

Rough_Rock
Hi cryatal24k -

I was wondering if you went ahead with your 9 stone eternity band and which company did you end up using?

Thanks!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I have not purchased the band yet. Our 10 year anniversary isn't until next May so the earliest that I can hope to get the band started is in December.

I have decided to go with BE. As much as I love the WF melee, I don't think that there will be much difference if any in BE's diamond quality. I also want my setting to be lower than what WF offers without paying an additional premium for a custom setting. I feel assured that Mark at BE can provide this for me. He only uses ideal cut diamonds. He makes bands well and is very personable. The price that he quoted me includes a setting that is made for me based on my specifications.

Here are the threads that helped me in making my decision-

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...i-eternity-band-genius-7-carat-f-g-vs.174229/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-5ct-erd-u-prong-eternity-band.172648/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/erd-7-stone-anniversary-band.189090/

All the best. :wavey:

lb0424

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your insight! :)

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
I am sure you will be pleased :clap: Can't wait to see it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! We really DO have similar taste in jewelry, don't we?! First, we share a love for the BGD tapered Tiffany - and now 15pt eternities! Mine, as you know, is the Tiffany band, which is bar set and in yellow gold - but I would LOVE to have a 9 stone band, so will be waiting with baited breath to see what you end up with.

I'm planning an eternity band also. Something like *this* - but made by DK:

https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/custom-work/wedding-bands/4-millimeter-wide-pave-band-detail

This is made with 12pt stones, and I already have a suite of 14pt stones - but pretty similar. I won't be getting this done for another year - David is currently working on a project for me and I have another ring to make after that - but I'm hoping about this time 2016 I should have this baby on my finger. I still have two projects after that....and than I'm going to lay down for a good long nap!

i think there's beautiful 5 stone rings out there - but I have to say - a 7 stone or a 9 stone is more to my taste. I love that streeeetch across the finger. I think your new ring will look gorgeous on your finger, Crystal! Please keep us all up to date as things progress. :wavey:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs-Blop- Yes, we are certainly jewelry soulsisters- LOL. I ordered a 3 mm plain band from e-wedding bands a few days before you posted your pretty 3 mm rose gold band.

Your pave eternity is going to be gorgeous! Something to look forward to in 2016!

Trust me, when I get my 9 stone ring, I will post a million pictures of it :) I can't wait to get things in motion!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL re the 3mm wedding band! I wondered if you'd get a slightly wider band to switch out with your Tiffany band with your beautiful BGD solitaire. I'm assuming it's in platinum? And - do you have any other projects on the boil? I think I've always got one or two things cooking - even if only mentally! :naughty:

ETA On June 27th on his FB page, DK posted this gorgeous yellow gold band. I don't know whose it is, but I have a feeling it was a PS'ers because I think I recall seeing it on here as well. Anyway, my plan is for a band like this yellow gold one, but with larger stones. And pls excuse the thread jack!!

dk_band_a.jpg

dk1_a.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have BE me lee in my halo and my dbty. You won't be disappointed! :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs-Blop- The pave band in YG will be stunning!

I don't have anything specific planned. I would like to get the WF Flower cluster earrings for a little bling on my ears as a nice alternative to my gold hoops within the next year. I also would like to get a platinum diamond band to pair with my e-ring at some point.

I decided to order palladium for my 3mm band. I figure since it doesn't have diamonds in it and since palladium is in the same family as platinum that it will be okay. So far I love it!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1436410291|3900681 said:
I have BE me lee in my halo and my dbty. You won't be disappointed! :appl:

Thank you, Pintobean for the endorsement for BE! I am so excited! My finger can't wait to be adorned with our 10 year anniversary gift. :lol:

I just looked at the threads for your gorgeous DBTY necklace and your stunning ring. BE did a fantastic job with your e-ring! Absolutley gorgeous! :love:

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
m-2-b I loved that 15 pointers and pinched in look. which WF band was it? and poster, if you are going with ERD what style will his be? was it really half the price?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ringsearching--It was a custom made WF eternity band--I wanted the scalloped look so I could see the outline of each diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results