clarity

India's first lesbian ad

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading some of the negative comments is very disheartening. I think it's a beautiful video too.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BBC has an interesting background piece about the ad.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-33265987

Progress on equal rights for gays in India interests me since my ex of 13 years was from India.
His parents from Mumbai often visited us and I got a massive dose of homophobia, Indian style.

Now that 21 countries allow gay marriage it's fascinating to watch the rest of the world evolve out of the dark ages.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad to see something good happening for women in India.

All the reports of gang rapes in that country sadden and disgust me. They're numerous even in this day and age. It's ridiculous. Just google it Kenny, I would never travel there without an armed guard. :nono:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
India has a loooong way to go, but I enjoyed that video. I think india has some progressive people and companies, but they are outweighed and overpowered by their govt and the rest of the incredibly UNprogressive population. I still have hope!

iLander - there are certain places that are generally safer in india. For example Mumbai is pretty safe, compared to New Delhi (where most of the big news rapes/gang rapes have taken place). In general, the south and west are safer. It's a beautiful country, don't rule it out just yet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results