color
clarity

Crystal Table Lamps - help me decide!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd cross this one off the list.
Others have a wider base.
This one's base is not wide and it looks a bit top-heavy.

Though I find it very attractive I think this lamp would be easiest of the bunch to knock over.

lamp06.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1435697974|3896995 said:
I'd cross this one off the list.
Others have a wider base.
This one's base is not wide and it looks a bit top-heavy.

I think this lamp would be easiest of all to knock over.

Good eye, Kenny! You are absolutely right.. It does look top heavy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not worried about dust and kids fingerprints? They are really pretty but would end up looking like a mess in my house :(sad .

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't get the same exact lamps for all those places in my house. I like a bit of variety. If they are crystal they match that way.

ETA: The first one looks more traditional in shape and with the silver cords hanging down.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1435708201|3897067 said:
You're not worried about dust and kids fingerprints? They are really pretty but would end up looking like a mess in my house :(sad .

No kids, I have a housekeeper every other week now, so that's a plus. An aside about hiring a housekeeper....I have never been more organized, ever! I put things away so that the housekeeper has more surface area to clean! Who knew I had to pay someone to clean to inspire myself to clean up!

I have cats so I'm usually more concerned with seeing dust on darker surfaces than prints lol. We rarely get visitors, either...

Stone Hunter said:
I wouldn't get the same exact lamps for all those places in my house. I like a bit of variety. If they are crystal they match that way.

ETA: The first one looks more traditional in shape and with the silver cords hanging down.
I like eclectic, so variety is definitely nice! With our new home, we have aimed to go more french country, while tying in the more modern pieces from our last home. What has worked is that our modern pieces are more generic and plain as opposed to current or trendy so we have been able to to bring it all together. That traditional lamp is my favorite of them all. I love the globes, and that it has two lights. If funds were unlimited, I would have just walked into a showroom, and said, give me that! But the challenge of making the old and new work is definitely more rewarding... :dance:

I hadn't thought of using crystal lamps until we walked into a safavieh store, and I just about swooned when I spotted the crystal table lamps... Then when I saw the price tags... Over $1k... I just about hit the ground with a dead drop. Lolol...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a nice crystal lamp I really like in the living room.
I bought it at Home Goods.

Personally, I'd go there and see what they have. As for having crystal lamps in three rooms of the house. I don't know, personally I'd like a little more variety.

I'd pick one room for the crystal lamps. And then get maybe a nice mercury glass pair for another room. And and something different. Like mother of pearl lamps for the third room. Mercury glass and mother of pearl and elegant and neutral as well, and will give your house more personality than a fleet of crystal lamps. They will give you the house bling you want without too much of a homogenous look.

Example of Mercury Glass Lamp: Great price for the set.
http://www.wayfair.com/Marsha-31.75-H-Table-Lamp-with-Drum-Shade-L433294-GNT4968.html
Or these: http://www.wayfair.com/Safavieh-27-H-Table-Lamp-with-Empire-Shade-LIT4050A-SET2-FV50547.html

Mother of Pearl lamps pair: http://www.wayfair.com/Safavieh-Rafferty-30.5-H-Table-Lamp-with-Square-Shade-LIT4291A-SET2-FV54185.html

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1435715237|3897127 said:
I have a nice crystal lamp I really like in the living room.
I bought it at Home Goods.

Personally, I'd go there and see what they have. As for having crystal lamps in three rooms of the house. I don't know, personally I'd like a little more variety.

I'd pick one room for the crystal lamps. And then get maybe a nice mercury glass pair for another room. And and something different. Like mother of pearl lamps for the third room. Mercury glass and mother of pearl and elegant and neutral as well, and will give your house more personality than a fleet of crystal lamps. They will give you the house bling you want without too much of a homogenous look.

Example of Mercury Glass Lamp: Great price for the set.
http://www.wayfair.com/Marsha-31.75-H-Table-Lamp-with-Drum-Shade-L433294-GNT4968.html
Or these: http://www.wayfair.com/Safavieh-27-H-Table-Lamp-with-Empire-Shade-LIT4050A-SET2-FV50547.html

Mother of Pearl lamps pair: http://www.wayfair.com/Safavieh-Rafferty-30.5-H-Table-Lamp-with-Square-Shade-LIT4291A-SET2-FV54185.html

OMG Gypsy. :lol: a fleet of crystal lamps! :lol: now that you put it that way! Can't stop chuckling! I love the lamps you picked out! You've got it... Bling that is elegant and neutral is a perfect way of describing the end goal.

By the way, thank you for introducing me to natural wooden shades. When you recommended them to a fellow PSer, I looked them up, and I fell in love! They work particularly well in the new home because no two windows are the same width, and some are slightly off...not perpendicular. The material disguises the wonky windows that I'm convinced we're carved out by a drunk. The really wonky windows I went with a wavy trim on the bottom to make the wonk less obvious!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: I am happy the shades worked for you! I love the look too. Please post pics if you can! I like neutral lighting too. Check out Zinc Door Rejuvination and Circa for lighting inspiration. I have a strong personal preference for drum shades. See what catches your eye and appeals to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results