shape
carat
color
clarity

Some questions on eternity band: Best type of setting?

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!

I have some questions as I would like to customize two full round eternity to match my current solitaire.

Which type of setting is most secured and would stand up to daily wear? I would hate to lose a diamond!

Is the attached photo pave setting?

Do I need to take any special care when wearing eternity band on daily basis?

Thanks!

_31747.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bezel eternity would be the most durable... anything with prongs will require more caution/care.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
If you like to match, go with channel set. Are you thinking of white or rose gold, you can do either. I noticed the back of your ring in your last thread. Just remember if you are going to stack, the rings might need to be a little lose so all 3 will be comfortable when stacked. Make sure you try on different widths with your ering so you can be sure of the size and mm width.
Mine is a shared prong and I wear it all the time with no problems. On occasion I check for loose stones and make sure the prongs are nice and smooth on the diamonds.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. I am thinking of yellow gold for these two other eternity. I am getting it custom made hence I can't really try on the look in my actual size. Sheila did show me a few types of setting but I can't remember the names well. Would it be nicer if I stick to the exact setting type as the solitaire? I do like it to look a set. However, I do like channel setting too. I tried on the larger channel set diamonds eternity band. It's seems a little thick and looks heavy when worn together. Yes, she did tell me to go
Up from half to one size larger if I want to stack it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results