shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1435152448|3893467 said:
I was just shopping Sephora online and put an Hourglass blush in my cart, but have yet to make the purchase. That blush gets such great reviews! I'm still debating about which shade to get - which colors do you have? I'm fair skin/blue eyes, but I typically like a nice "pop" of natural-looking color. I like coral colors in the summer time, so I put the "Incandescent Electra" color in my cart because it is described as a cool peach.

I have Ethereal Glow (VERY light - honestly I'm not sure how people with any color in their skin at all would wear it), Luminous Flush (nice rose), Incandescent Electra (lovely coral), and Mood Exposure (kind of a dusky brown?). Incandescent Electra and Luminous Flush are the ones I wear most - I think if you like corals you'd love Incandescent Electra.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got samples of the oil control and the tint from Paula's Choice and samples of foundations and powder at Face Atelier. Excited.

Do you guys use brushes for foundation? I have a Jane Iredale foundation brush and I can use it but..it seems like maybe I just don't do it right or something, it doesn't look right I guess. I use the little sponges. I have a beauty blender too.

I found a MAC foundation that looks like a possibility as well.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Oh, good! Thanks, distracts:) I placed my order earlier today for the Incandescent Electra, so it sounds like I chose the right one.
I also ordered a new product that I'm really excited to try. It's called Clarins Golden Glow Body Booster. It's a liquid sunless tanning product that you add a few drops to any body lotion. I have lots of great lotions and now I can turn any of them into a gradual sunless tanner. I don't know why someone didn't think of that before?!?!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a heated eyelash curler. I'm in LOVE! Not only is it not a scary pinching torture device, it actually works! As in, it keeps my lashes curled all day!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1435193148|3893839 said:
Got samples of the oil control and the tint from Paula's Choice and samples of foundations and powder at Face Atelier. Excited.

Do you guys use brushes for foundation? I have a Jane Iredale foundation brush and I can use it but..it seems like maybe I just don't do it right or something, it doesn't look right I guess. I use the little sponges. I have a beauty blender too.

The beauty vloggers on youtube were really singing the praises of the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. http://www.amazon.com/Real-Techniques-Expert-Face-Brush/dp/B007O7AZBG For less than $7, I figured it was worth the risk. I really like it. I find it versatile and I use it with powder and liquid foundation. There are a ton of tutorials on how to use it on Youtube.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo what a nice price! I'll have to check that out too, thanks!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1435201777|3893908 said:
I just got a heated eyelash curler. I'm in LOVE! Not only is it not a scary pinching torture device, it actually works! As in, it keeps my lashes curled all day!

Wait, what?! Where?! :shock: I have always thought a heated one would be awesome!

Where did you find it, what is it called?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've never gotten the hang of using brushes for foundation. It always looks weird when I do it, not perfect like when the women on youtube do it. So ??????? basically. Maybe my skin texture is wrong for it. With the Face Atelier, I just use my hands for everyday and a sponge or beauty blender if it's a special occasion (looks more perfect but I don't like to put in the work).

I've also heard great things about that Real Techniques brush though.

CJ2008|1435153183|3893472 said:
distracts|1435123018|3893380 said:
Most oil-based foundations use mineral oil, which shouldn't ever clog pores, unless you have a petroleum allergy. The other oils can be more problematic depending on your particular skin. Like a lot of people love jojoba oil and coconut oil but they break me out like crazy, but I can slather passionfruit seed oil on 24/7 with no issues.

Distracts - as I'm getting older my skin becomes more and more dry...I am curious about trying an oil-based foundation (ETA BTW I often use Jojoba Oil on its own as a moisturizer - and I don't think Mineral or Coconut Oils break me out or cause me any problems, either). Which brands do you recommend?

And are there any foundations that are oil based, but finish matte or semi matte (or is that impossible?) - I don't mind a little dewy but too much makes me look greasy (too matte isn't good either though actually, especially now, makes me look older).

I don't personally wear any of these but I think the Giorgio Armani Maestro is, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, Diorskin Nude Air, Mac Mineralize Satin Finish. I really want to try the Armani Maestro and the Kevyn Aucoin because I've read such great reviews of both.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always buy my makeup at high end department stores. I do this because they have such lenient return policies. My skin is a really strange tone too. I have so much redness that it turns foundations to pink or gray. Nude lipsticks turn very orange on me.

If I ever do stray and buy a drugstore brand, which is rare, I buy from Walmart. Their return policy is very lenient too.

The foundation I am using right now is by Aveda. It is a powder foundation called Inner Light. Basically, it is the foundation that I always go back to when I stray and try a new foundation that never seems to work. It must be applied with a brush! If you apply it with a sponge, it will look cakey. I like powder foundations because I am oily. This one doesn't settle into wrinkles.

I wouldn't try to color match online. I would go to an Aveda salon or store to get matched if you are considering this makeup. Try their tea while you are there! I love that stuff!!!

http://www.aveda.com/product/5238/1...nner-Light-Mineral-Dual-Foundation/index.tmpl

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1435206020|3893939 said:

Wait, what?! Where?! :shock: I have always thought a heated one would be awesome!

I have one like this (although it's not Sephora brand):
http://www.sephora.com/heated-eyelash-curler-P383447
I don't think that it curls any better than my mechanical lash curler and it goes through a lot of batteries, which was surprising for as little as I use it :confused:
I use this more often and really like it:
http://www.sephora.com/things-are-looking-up-eye-lash-curler-P387887?skuId=1601384

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I use a Beauty Blender. Foundation brushes and concealer brushes end up removing more product than they lay down IME.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1435217129|3893981 said:

I've never gotten the hang of using brushes for foundation. It always looks weird when I do it, not perfect like when the women on youtube do it. So ??????? basically. Maybe my skin texture is wrong for it. With the Face Atelier, I just use my hands for everyday and a sponge or beauty blender if it's a special occasion (looks more perfect but I don't like to put in the work).

I've also heard great things about that Real Techniques brush though.

CJ2008|1435153183|3893472 said:
distracts|1435123018|3893380 said:
Most oil-based foundations use mineral oil, which shouldn't ever clog pores, unless you have a petroleum allergy. The other oils can be more problematic depending on your particular skin. Like a lot of people love jojoba oil and coconut oil but they break me out like crazy, but I can slather passionfruit seed oil on 24/7 with no issues.

Distracts - as I'm getting older my skin becomes more and more dry...I am curious about trying an oil-based foundation (ETA BTW I often use Jojoba Oil on its own as a moisturizer - and I don't think Mineral or Coconut Oils break me out or cause me any problems, either). Which brands do you recommend?

And are there any foundations that are oil based, but finish matte or semi matte (or is that impossible?) - I don't mind a little dewy but too much makes me look greasy (too matte isn't good either though actually, especially now, makes me look older).

I don't personally wear any of these but I think the Giorgio Armani Maestro is, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, Diorskin Nude Air, Mac Mineralize Satin Finish. I really want to try the Armani Maestro and the Kevyn Aucoin because I've read such great reviews of both.

Thanks Distracts!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
HC, that looks like a good foundation as well-not a horrible price either.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1435206020|3893939 said:

I found it at Kohl's on clearance. Sadly, I can't find it on the website, but I did get a snip of it from my order history for their rewards program. LOVE this thing!! There's not any brand info on the box it came in, but the curler itself says The Collection. I took a coupole of pictures of it too, those are coming up in a second...

_31467.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
OK, first up : the box. See what I mean? Kinda vague.

Next up: The entire thing, with logo.

Finally, the business end. It's just like a little brush that gets really warm.

_31468.jpg

_31469.jpg

_31470.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://shopcoobie.com/shop?c=coobie-bras

I LOVE these bras. I bought two of these in Calistoga five years ago and I was HOOKED. I have seen many different variations of these bras at the gym and walmart, but none of them compare to the Coobie bras. I like the original and the lace trim.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've looked at them before but wondered how much support they have?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have really sensitive skin and my eye area needed help because pretty much every product I tried would give me red blotches.

Not this. I love it. It makes my eye area look pretty, that's the real word, it looks pretty again instead of dry and oldish.

Onomie. Go to their website. No sulfates, parabens, etc. Arrived beautifully packed. They aren't spamming me, haven't heard from them since I bought which alarms me because I want this small American company to make it, dang it! I love the product.

img_20150625_195144.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1435279449|3894459 said:
I wear a 32-d. My girls aren't big and heavy but they aren't small. I've had two kids and I am 40. I don't know if that gives you any..perspective? I get plenty of support from these bras. I don't wear them every day because I don't trust them THAT much for support. I think that we need to provide serious support on a regular basis to keep our skin from getting stressed. For that I wear Wacoal bras. But for a change and some comfort, I like these. I especially like these if I am wearing a tank top with larger arm holes or that allow bra straps to show. They are good for a more casual look.

They have a removable pad. I would never go without it.

To test this kind of bra out, it might be a good idea to give one of the other brands a try to test support. I like this brand because it just seems to be cut better and they last longer. I bought a couple of look-alikes at my gym but they gave me underarm fat. Ok, well I had underarm fat, but the bra from the gym accentuated it...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to look that one up Azstonie! Since I had a flu bug last week I have dark circles under my eyes.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1435287627|3894537 said:
I have really sensitive skin and my eye area needed help because pretty much every product I tried would give me red blotches.

Not this. I love it. It makes my eye area look pretty, that's the real word, it looks pretty again instead of dry and oldish.

Onomie. Go to their website. No sulfates, parabens, etc. Arrived beautifully packed. They aren't spamming me, haven't heard from them since I bought which alarms me because I want this small American company to make it, dang it! I love the product.

I just ordered a sample of this azstonie. Can't wait to try it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1435289910|3894561 said:
packrat|1435279449|3894459 said:
I wear a 32-d. My girls aren't big and heavy but they aren't small. I've had two kids and I am 40. I don't know if that gives you any..perspective? I get plenty of support from these bras. I don't wear them every day because I don't trust them THAT much for support. I think that we need to provide serious support on a regular basis to keep our skin from getting stressed. For that I wear Wacoal bras. But for a change and some comfort, I like these. I especially like these if I am wearing a tank top with larger arm holes or that allow bra straps to show. They are good for a more casual look.

They have a removable pad. I would never go without it.

To test this kind of bra out, it might be a good idea to give one of the other brands a try to test support. I like this brand because it just seems to be cut better and they last longer. I bought a couple of look-alikes at my gym but they gave me underarm fat. Ok, well I had underarm fat, but the bra from the gym accentuated it...

they're cheaper I think than another kind I'd been looking at..yummymommy or something like that. Never hurts to give them a try! I have been using a kind that are like soft sports bras (fruit of the loom or something) but they don't have any strap adjustments, so they don't work *quite* as well as I'd like..nursing for so long has left me lopsided and goofy. Not perky a'tall like some of the models in the pictures. I wear them to bed and all the time unless we're going someplace, then I wear an actual bra.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ and luv2, please post back after you've tried it. I want to know what you think.

Also, I ordered the ACE Illuminating Eye Treatment /Activated Line Correcting Highlighter with Vitamin C (that's some name!) in the Shade 1: Lovelace.

The concealer samples were wonderful, I don't have circles under my eyes, my concern was the cobblestone texture under my brows and the dryness of the upper lids. The ACE Illuminating Eye Treatment etc did one amazing job for me, its taken years off my eyes and they look sparkly again.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie - Just ordered my samples too! Yay!

May I ask what you use for a regular moisturizer? Or, feel free to share your skincare routine? Mine is currently none, so I need some help!! I like the no sulfates, parabens, etc . . .

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, good, let me know what you think!

One thing: The undereye concealer is different than the illuminating eye treatment. Loved them both, but since I don't get darkness under my eyes I didn't need the undereye concealer but I do see lots of benefit with the illuminating eye treatment PLUS it makes me look better immediately.

Okay, Loves Vintage (I like your avatar, woof!), here's what I do. It works for me; I went to a new dermatologist this year and she scrutinized my facial skin and said, "Early 40s?" Heh, 56 with lots of beach time as a kid.

1. I don't "wash" my face. I picked up mild rosacea while perimenopausal but a dermatologist I saw while in high school told me not to wash my face so I never did. I had good skin, no acne, etc., so constant washing was not indicated anyway. If I wore makeup on my face, which was rare, I did remove it. Now, if I need to remove sunscreen or concealer from my face, I use Burt's Bees towelettes for the job and it doesn't irritate my skin or activate my mild rosacea.
2. I do exfoliate. It keeps my face with a nice texture and it prevents enlarged pores and sebaceous hyperplasia (enlarged pores on steroids in specific areas-->forehead, temples, etc.). After lots of expensive trial/error, this is the only exfoliator that does the job without destroying my sensitive skin. I use one pad on my face, on my decolletage, and on the tops of my hands. Wait 3 minutes, then shower or rinse. I get this on the website, you can also get good deals on them at QVC. Daily use is good.
3. My eye area is super dry and from the dryness if I'm not on top of it I get what the derms call "cobblestoning!" Yay for moi. So I use the Kiehl's you see in the pic, couple times a week. It doesn't move and its not shiny after a few minutes so sometimes I put it on in the morning and sometimes in the evening. OH! If you get those awful cross-hatched lines under your eyes, this KILLS it!!! I use a Q_Tip to apply it to the area then my pinkie to pat it in. I don't put my finger in anything, germs...
4. I use Clinique's redness solution moisturizer if my face feels dry in the morning. I use the PTR unwrinkle night cream in the winter if my face feels dry, its very rich, no more than 3 times in a week is enough. I've used the PTR 10% glycolic acid moisturizer and it was FAB for exfoliation and sun damage UNTIL the mild rosacea showed up, and its a no-go with it, the exfoliator pads are what I turned to and they work well. If I see enlarged pores on my forehead or temples or if my nose has some blackheads I use the glycolic acid moisturizer JUST in those spots, nowhere near my cheeks.
5. If I get a dry patch ANYWHERE, I put Aquaphor on it before it thinks about turning into an eczema blotch.

So Loves Vintage, while I have your attention, will you be attending the Miami Antique Jewelry Show in Jan/Feb? If so, love to meet up with ya there!

img_20150626_081642.jpg

img_20150626_083211.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking at trying (some parts of) the 10 step korean 'routine'. One of my friends teaches in korea and is returning home for a vacation in the summer, so I may ask her to bring me a few things. I don't have alot of skin products that I love, just things that are ok and I tolerate haha. I dont like the time it takes to apply liquid foundation, so I usually bare minerals powder foundation. Its quick and easy, but doesnt give great coverage.

Also, for the olaplex lovers, its going to be in CosmoProf sometime in July. You'd still need an aesthetics license (or know someone with it), but it will soon be much easier to get.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1435333582|3894765 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Potion-Skincare-Everglow-Moisturizer/dp/B002T5OBO0

Has anyone tried this stuff? It gets great reviews all over the internet and it is less than $5 at Walmart. I bought it yesterday. I am willing to be the guinea pig, but it would be nice to hear from someone on this site because our reviews seem to be much more thorough.

I've never even heard of it. It says that it's designed to maintain already developed color - does that mean tan skin? I don't tan any more, so this probably wouldn't be a good fit for me.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1435338045|3894808 said:
House Cat|1435333582|3894765 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Potion-Skincare-Everglow-Moisturizer/dp/B002T5OBO0

Has anyone tried this stuff? It gets great reviews all over the internet and it is less than $5 at Walmart. I bought it yesterday. I am willing to be the guinea pig, but it would be nice to hear from someone on this site because our reviews seem to be much more thorough.

I've never even heard of it. It says that it's designed to maintain already developed color - does that mean tan skin? I don't tan any more, so this probably wouldn't be a good fit for me.
I saw that too, but then I read reviews and people were using it to actually get tan. They all rave about the natural color it provides. I put it on today. It is nice and moisturizing without being too heavy, but it smells like a cross between a dream sickle and bubblegum. I am not so sure I am going to be ok with that. If the color is fantastic, I will live with the smell. If the color is mediocre, this bottle will hit the trash.

I don't tan either. I am a freckly brunette with green eyes. I am a prime candidate for skin cancer.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd probably give that lotion a whirl to see what color it gives. I quit tanning many years ago and now generally stay out of the sun and do my yard work or swim in the early am or evening. I very much dislike being so pale, but I've not had much luck finding a self tanner that was easy enough to apply w/out streaking all over and looking ridiculous, or coming off on my clothes/bedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results