shape
carat
color
clarity

best way to sell preloved

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone. I posted this question over in the preloved PS jewels but haven't gotten a response. Perhaps someone here can help out. I just have a few questions. Okay. I have a handful of nice gemstone and diamond rings that I no longer wear and would really love to sell and put towards another project. I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with consigning to a local jewelry shop. And could someone explain to me the difference between the PS preloved jewels listings here on Pricescope and Loupe troop ?
Thanks for any info

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Years ago I consigned with a local jeweler, and it took over a year to sell one item.

Typically when you consign with a jeweler, they will charge a fee for having it in their shop - usually 15%-30%. There are some online jewelers that take consignments as well.

Pricescope Preloved works like a bulletin board, but you have to actually list it elsewhere before posting a note to Preloved. Most people list to Loupetroop, which has an email system (to your email) for communication. People also list things to places like DiamondBistro and eBay, besides just LT. LT is free, DB and eBay have fees.

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the response. I appreciate the info. The reason I considered the consignment route is because two of the rings are ones that I actually picked up that were on consignment where I got my engagement ring in a very lovely well established Mom and Pop type jewelry store but it has been many years ago. But I especially thank you for the info on how PS preloved and Loupe Troop work. I couldn't find the information anywhere on how these methods worked.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're selling a ring with a very rare stone then a jeweller may be the way forward but honestly I think you could sell your rings just as easily on LT DB etc. Plenty of our members do and have some good success.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results