shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, would you do your make up with your man present?

Ladies, would you your make up with your man present?

• Yes

Votes: 46 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never even thought about that. I always have. It is much easier now since we have a large bathroom, but even when we didn't we still squished in together to get ready.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Sure do. No big deal.

Now using the biffy in front of? No way. :shock:

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1433887065|3887082 said:
kenny|1433883887|3887066 said:
bbziggy|1433881807|3887050 said:
Yes. I would rather put it on in front of him than other women.

Really?
Why?

Relatively ignorant about women-men dynamics, this topic interests me.

For me it would depend on who the women are. Women are...well, they're bitches. They're critical. You'll use too much, or not enough, or the wrong product or apply it wrong.

I guess I can understand the critical part, but not so much bitchiness. I can't imagine being in the situation where I would be putting makeup on in front of a woman I wasn't comfortable and at ease with.

However, I know I look at a lot of women and could suggest some improvements to their makeup routine, maybe judgy but I would mean it from a helpful, honest place.

I'm particularly Judgy McJudgerson about women who don't groom their eyebrows. If a woman was making up in front of me, I would be hard pressed not to grab my spooly and my Stila Eyebrow Pen and say 'just hold still and let me fix those brows for you...'

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a problem at all. We have separate bathrooms for the most part but I wouldn't feel self conscious at all to apply makeup or do almost anything in front of my dh. In fact I often ask him if I look OK because I cannot see closeup very well anymore so he can catch any mistakes LOL. There are really very few things I would not do in front of my dh and vice versa. And if I didn't feel that way to begin with I would have quickly gotten over any shyness or discomfort about that when I broke my leg last June and my dh had to help me shower, go to the bathroom etc for a few months when I was allowed zero weight bearing.

And I also would have no qualms about applying makeup etc in front of any of my good friends. I have no "bitchy" girlfriends or boyfriends for that matter because if they were bitchy we wouldn't be friends. No frenemies for me thank you very much. :snooty:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I've never heard of such a thing - a woman not wanting to put on make-up in front of her SO. I guess that I don't really see make-up (and/or applying it) as something that would be considered private.
I have a vanity in our bedroom, so obviously, he sees me getting ready all the time.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NTave|1433903630|3887168 said:
I think I kept the grooming a secret for the first couple years. Not so much makeup, bc I don't wear much, but now even eyebrow maintenance is ok. Poor man. Everything except toilet stuff..I don't want an open door policy there.

Same. Toilet stuff is kept private, along with stuff like brushing teeth, applying a facial mask, tweezing, etc. Makeup is fine though, I don't mind if he sees that.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
S'why I said it would depend who the women are. Obviously I'm comfortable w/my friends and they see me w/no make up on and they wouldn't be snarky watching me put my make up on.

We pee in front of each other-and the door is only closed now b/c the kids are older. Now we have to knock-"are you pooping or can I come in?"

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1433897293|3887128 said:
I have no problem applying make up in front of him. If we are going out someplace nice I take a long time applying so I can't imagine him staying in there watching me. He usually just pops in to ask me when I will be ready to go.

Pretty much this. I wear it daily so it's not big deal to him, he will often sit & chat whilst I do it. For special occasions I like to tinker and fluff about so he get bored and wanders off...

Body grooming such as waxing, plucking or bleaching on the other hand - NO WAY!!! :shock: Don't think he actually cares but I do.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I only wear lipstick or lipgloss. Yes, I put it on when hubby is present.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1433984071|3887635 said:
"are you pooping or can I come in?"

This is the extent of our bathroom privacy needs. Well, my bathroom privacy needs. He doesn't mind coming in while I'm doing something else to poo, but I won't do that in front of him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results