carat
color
clarity

new triple strand

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I've been meaning to post this for a while...but around Valentine's day I got myself a triple strand freshwater necklace from American Pearl. I love it, but I've had a hard time finding time to get photos of it that do it justice (many of these don't I'm afraid). It's 7.5 - 8mm, and hangs at 18, 19, and 20 inches.

new_strand_in_box.jpg

neck_shot_front.jpg

neck_shot_with_clasp.jpg

neck_shot_with_clasp_2.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close up shots:

close_up_clasp.jpg

close_up_strand.jpg

close_up_strand_and_earrings.jpg

box_shot.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here's a better light neck shot:

necks_shot_better_light.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would probably help if I didn't take most of the pictures when I'm in my PJ's with no hair or makeup done. :lol:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
GA GA GA GORGEOUS!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1433545930|3885778 said:
It would probably help if I didn't take most of the pictures when I'm in my PJ's with no hair or makeup done. :lol:

AW you look great! and PJs and pearls sound so fun!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! :appl:

The close up near the clasp shows the lustre.

I always like to see the delights that others have found. And, honestly, PJs and pearls are one of life's pleasures. They are high on the "decadent" list. :naughty:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Cmd, your new triple is super pretty. Gorgeous luster and clasp. The length looks great on you, too.

Which one do you like better, this one or the Birks rope?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great pearls you have there - and with a triple strand the tricky part is getting the three strands to sit properly, which yours do perfectly.
If you look at the triples belonging to HM The Queen she has one where the bottom strand is a smidge too long and I soooooo long to re-string it and move the pearls around to get it to nest.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Looking good cmd!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful cmd!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and elegant and it looks gorgeous on your neck. :love:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Pearlescence|1433570891|3885876 said:
Great pearls you have there - and with a triple strand the tricky part is getting the three strands to sit properly, which yours do perfectly.
If you look at the triples belonging to HM The Queen she has one where the bottom strand is a smidge too long and I soooooo long to re-string it and move the pearls around to get it to nest.

I imagine the Queen's pearls have simply stretched a little. There are lots of photos where they nest perfectly. I'm thinking the bottom strand is the one you'd naturally finger and touch as you ride in the car or whatever.

Just for fun: "The Queen, as Princess Elizabeth, received her first set of pearls, a triple strand, as a young girl. They were given to her in 1935 by her grandfather, King George V, to celebrate his Silver Jubilee. Today, she usually wears these pearls in the daytime."

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting this, cmd. The triple strand is just gorgeous. I confess I'm lusting after it.

If you don't mind me asking for a little more detail, because I'm interested in a buying a triple strand myself.

Are these AP's freshwater pearls?
AA or AAA?
Rose or silver overtones?
Is that the silver clasp or white gold, or did you pick your own clasp?

If this is too much information, you don't have to answer, and I apologize.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs, it's a tough choice. This one is for dressy nights out; the Birks rope is perfect for work wear. I think if I could only have one, I'd pick the triple because it feels special to have it to wear when I'm dressing up.

BWeaves, I'm always happy to talk pearls! Let's see, these are AAA freshwater pearls (American Pearl lists them under their "high grade freshwater" link,and for this strand you can pick from AA vs AAA). They are a non-graduated strand (AP also does 3.5-7.5 mm graduated strands). I'm pretty sure I asked for mine to be a silver overtone in the comments section, as unlike some of the other strands, a choice wasn't offered in the drop down menu. I paid extra for the WG clasp. But it's the standard one this strand comes with.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
This triple is perfection! :love: :love: These AAA freshwaters are outstanding, so clean, round, and the luster super high! Wow, when I blew up your picture cmd2014… well you can really see the consistency. Pearlescence I'm with you on the nesting so pretty. Lucky you! :appl: :appl:

cmd2014 I Can't believe you have been holding out on us, so you glad you posted.

I want, I want, I want :wall: :wall: :wall:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, cmd. I'll have to bookmark the AP page for future purchase. Thanks!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pearls thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pearls and my favorite way to nest multipal strands because they look so elegant. Enjoy your new strands.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1433707418|3886316 said:
Lovely pearls and my favorite way to nest multipal strands because they look so elegant. Enjoy your new strands.

Thanks! It was your triple that inspired me to get one.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely triple strand...classic look and beautiful on your neck

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I am not really a white pearl strand type of person but I love your new triple strands CMD. They look like creamy beigy white? So round and shiny and so gorgeous!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1433718052|3886357 said:
4Ranch Girl|1433707418|3886316 said:

Thanks! It was your triple that inspired me to get one.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: My pleasure :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful strands CMD. That look is perfect on you!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful CMD! And pearls and PJ's are a great way to start any day...or end it. :))

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow that's a beautiful necklace ! Fits you perfectly and looks so elegant ! Well done ! :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! Now I just need to find more special occasions to wear it! (Is anyone else finding that they don't have enough gala events in their lives to justify all the pretties they would love to own???)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful triple, CMD! Very elegant length, and they nest so perfectly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results