shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 5/17

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay I forgot to post yesterday but it was a really busy day both my mother and my older sister flew in!
9.gif
I am so proud of my older sister she just got her masters and she starts he PhD in the fall. Still that isn’t really any excuse is it? I did another 65min yesterday and burned 691.4calories and then dipped to 680 on the dot in the same amount of time, afterwards I did the weights sections from this months Good Housekeeping.
40.gif
But I suck so I ended up eating two bagels for lunch.
15.gif
I have a real problem which is that I have no self control. I can make myself exercise and I even enjoy it but if I am left alone I eat, cause I love food and my favorite is bread almost any kind. Anyway I hope everyone is having better luck sticking with their diet/exercise programs.
4.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey Matatora - I hear you on the eating if you''re left alone. I have found that two things that really help me are finding other things to do with myself and not keeping the things that tempt me around (or just having them be hard to get to or to prepare, plus having easy healthy options at hand). I will also try eating something healthy and filling (a bowl of healthy soup works well for this) and telling myself I can have what I want if I''m still hungry in 45 minutes. Usually I''m not, or I''ve moved on to thinking about something else by then. Way to go with the exercise though!

I am doing pretty well with my diet, I did have one cheat meal over the weekend, but I figure you have to have something special every once in a while and savor it otherwise you won''t appreciate it and won''t feel like you are living really. I had gnocchi with goat cheese sauce at this nice Italian restaurant FI and I are considering for the reception, plus I had a piece of good bread (my first in 3 weeks!) and a few bites of FI''s custard dessert. But I only ate half the gnocchi, which was good, and I really didn''t stuff myself, and when I had my WI this morning, I had lost another 1.5 lbs, bringing my total weight loss to 7.5 lbs
1.gif
Its not a huge amount, but I am losing at a healthy rate, and steadily and that''s really all I can ask for. I also know this way that its real and not water weight or whatever. I also think I am really losing fat this way - I can see it and feel it in muscle definition, which is good. I keep meaning to take my measurements but I can''t seem to find the tape and need to get a new one.

I''ve decided that my body can only handle my running program 2 days a week right now rather than the 3 I had hoped for, but I decided its better to have those 2 days a week when I really enjoy it (otherwise I just get too sore and overtired) and exercise at least 4 days a week total. I don''t want to get injured either, which happens when you overtrain. On the upside, I did a workout of half running and half walking for 30 minutes in 3 minute each intervals yesterday on top of 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, and the running felt really good right up until the last 3 minute segment when it was a struggle. So overall, I think I am making progress.

On a happy but unrelated note, FI and I are going to look at some potential wedding sites this weekend, which I am really excited about
36.gif
Somehow, it just makes it more real and exciting
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that sounds like so much fun, do you know what type of reception ya''ll are going for?
As for the not so fun I am at my parents house and I can keep the junk out becuase there are threee other children here and my parents. And we all love to bake, not cook, bake. Eekkk. I smell things and then my tummy gromels for 30 minutes while I debate, then I end up eating more all at once. I suck, that is why I am pudgy. I wish I could make my family understand how hard this is but I really dont think they get it. Oh well time for me to go and help with dinner prep! I cannot wait to hear about your sties, bring a camera so I can see too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results