shape
carat
color
clarity

recent eternity band-- OEC?

fel

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I recently purchased an eternity band that was sold to me as having OEC diamonds. Could any of you look at it and tell me if it seems like they are OECs? My eyes, even with a loupe, are not so good at focussing up close right now.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-w-light-yellow-diamond.213563/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-w-light-yellow-diamond.213563/[/URL]

The rocky talk forum didn't approve of it with my yellow ring but so far I am feeling good about the combination.

Thanks!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, Fel! It's hard to tell from the pics (any chance you can post macro?), but my best guess judging from the style of the band and the size of the stones would be single cuts. Diamantaires rarely cut tiny OECs back in the day - the smallest I've seen in person have been around .10 or .15 each - but single cuts were very popular during the Edwardian and Art Deco periods.

fel

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

All I have is my iPhone. Here's an attempt to use that with a loupe. I know most are single cuts but I was really on the lookout for full cuts. I just can't tell with these -- perhaps they are somewhere in between, or perhaps my eyes are just really bad for detailed work.

closeup_et_1.jpg

closeup_et_2.jpg

closeup_et_3.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone think maybe old mine cuts set at an angle like diamond shaped? Just a thought.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
They look like single cuts because the tables aren't quite as small as OEC tables usually are, but it's very hard to see in the photos. In any case a single cut would be more in keeping with the time frame of the design and would actually add to the authenticity of the ring, I imagine. In any case, it's completely gorgeous and I hope you will wear it in very good health and happiness. A true beauty and a great find!

motacilla

Rough_Rock
Fel, I love your band, it's beautiful!
As to the diamond cut, I'm no expert, but I have a thin emerald and diamond deco band and the diamonds have different cuts. But some have a similar "flowery" pavilion to the diamond I see at the top of your 1st closeup. I haven't seen that flowery pavilion in newer single cuts. No idea whether there's such a thing as an Old European Single Cut :)

flowery_tinies.jpg

fel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Motacilla,

That is an interesting idea -- sort of an OEC/single cut hybrid. I have to say I have been wearing this band every day and I continue to be glad I purchased it. I have single cuts in a thicker flowery band and they are smaller and not nearly as scintillating. Alas I'll be sad when I need to put away this band in winter (my fingers change size so dramatically across hot and cold seasons I am fairly certain I can't wear it in the middle of winter.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results