Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 10 point round stone in U-prong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other setting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KawaiiTarn

Rough_Rock
Hello from Australia. I am a long time forum lurker and first time poster. All the fantastic postings of beautiful rings and diamond information has helped us pick a gorgeous engagement ring. And now I would really appreciate your advice and opinion on which wedding band I should choose.

So here is my dilemma- I had a custom ring made in the Harry Winston Micropave style. The centre stone is a 1.51 carat cushion cut stone with chunky facets and large table so it faces up quite large. The basket underneath curves outward like a tulip so a wedding band won't sit flush. The basket itself has micropave diamonds underneath as well.

I personally don't like the look of those bands that have a curve in them so that the band can sit flush with the engagement ring. I am open to wearing the band on the right hand, however It would be great though if i could wear both rings together. I am stuck on which sized stone to choose and also which setting and would appreciate members advice.

I have been been in touch with Luann from IDJ to discuss costs and specs for 3/4 eternity band the following specs:
  • Option 1- 8 point round stone in shared prong setting
  • Option 2- 8 point round stone in U-prong setting
  • Option 3- 10 point round stone in shared prong setting
  • Option 4- 10 point round stone in U-prong setting

I am open to other suggestions if you think there may be a better idea :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a pic of the ring it will be with? That will make a huge difference in what I would select/most of us would select.

I personally would get a micropave band, myself. I don't like larger stones in an eternity. I think they take attention away from the engagement ring, and since you mentioned micropave on the setting already, that's immediately what I would go with.

KawaiiTarn

Rough_Rock
Apologies in advance for these photos. My iPhone does not like close up :(

img_8064.jpg

KawaiiTarn

Rough_Rock
another photo from above

img_8065.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id get what matches the shank of the ring. Whatever is an exact match to the band of your ring is what I'd get.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results