shape
carat
color
clarity

Fess Up........Dana's sale.........

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1430406079|3870065 said:
Hi Tourma-guy, no worries at all I just dropped them a call this afternoon and was told that they do accept stones from overseas being mailed to them for setting. However the thing is, they probably deal more with regional countries and thus are unfamiliar with the U.S. customs regulations with regards to shipping the stone back to you. Also, I was surprised to hear that they do not encourage bezel settings for zircon stating the softness of the stone may cause an issue while getting the bezel to "wrap" around the stone. I have no experience with this as I have only done bezel settings for diamonds and a garnet (also set by this jeweler by the way). I'm really sorry if I'm of no help :| they did mention that you can always contact them at [email protected] and below is a link to their website.

www.caratell.com

Thanks for checking with them. Hmm thats sad to hear it may not be the best idea. I guess I'll see what my local guy says after the consultation, and then go from there.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Gemma, the blueberry coloured spinel is stunning!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Ilovegemstones. I am pretty smitten with it :love: :love: :love: Blueberry is such a great color description for it too :appl:

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
tourma-guy|1430418305|3870178 said:
bling_prism|1430406079|3870065 said:
Hi Tourma-guy, no worries at all I just dropped them a call this afternoon and was told that they do accept stones from overseas being mailed to them for setting. However the thing is, they probably deal more with regional countries and thus are unfamiliar with the U.S. customs regulations with regards to shipping the stone back to you. Also, I was surprised to hear that they do not encourage bezel settings for zircon stating the softness of the stone may cause an issue while getting the bezel to "wrap" around the stone. I have no experience with this as I have only done bezel settings for diamonds and a garnet (also set by this jeweler by the way). I'm really sorry if I'm of no help :| they did mention that you can always contact them at [email protected] and below is a link to their website.

www.caratell.com

Thanks for checking with them. Hmm thats sad to hear it may not be the best idea. I guess I'll see what my local guy says after the consultation, and then go from there.

No prob at all Tourma-guy! I will like to know how this works out for you too! :) do update us ya?

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Gemajames|1430430956|3870296 said:
Thank you, Ilovegemstones. I am pretty smitten with it :love: :love: :love: Blueberry is such a great color description for it too :appl:

Hi Gemajames, do you have any setting ideas for your luscious blueberry? :cheeky:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen JKT bezel set zircons but if your jeweller shies away from doing so, I would heed his/her advice because each person has a different comfort level.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism - Yes I will post an update in my other thread as soon as I find out more. Monday is the appointment (it was supposed to be yesterday but he had to reschedule).

chrono - Agreed. I was planning to gauge his opinion on working with zircon, as well as if he has any experience with it and bezel work. We shall see.

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1430448856|3870389 said:
Gemajames|1430430956|3870296 said:

Hi Gemajames, do you have any setting ideas for your luscious blueberry? :cheeky:

Bling prism, I'm thinking of pulling my cushion from its mounting and using it since it was originally made for a round center about the same size as my blueberry.

_29788.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results