shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions about cushion diamond!

Germz

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I'm from Singapore and am considering getting my e-ring diamond from James Allen! Is this a right choice?

Would love some opinions for this diamond! Have yet to make payment as I need more assurance...
http://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.02-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-sku-496036

Price is USD $4430, not inclusive of VAT/GST.
Is it worth the price?
Do you think it'll be eye clean?

Or did anyone happen to find similar cushion diamond (I love the measurements) as the above but at a lower price? I don't mind going for a G if needed!

As I'm really hoping to save more budget for my halo setting...

Thanks for your help in advance!! :angel:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you request an aset on this stone? Usually you pick the 3 best that fit your specs and get asets. Have the jeweler give you
comments on all 3 then pick the best from the info you have.

I'll look to see what else JA has.

Germz

Rough_Rock
Wow! I love this https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/C100-RQPTME!!

But it's out of my budget for sure..

From what I know, JA don't provide the ASET images? Because I did ask before and they said the magnified rotating video is the best they can provide!

It's so hard to find a perfect cushion diamond with a good price... :confused:

How about the one I've shown? Is that acceptable for its price (USD $4430)?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't waste an ASET on that JA stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It'll be pretty square. Set it North/South . Elongated shapes are very flattering on the hand.

Germz

Rough_Rock
Wow okay!!! Thanks for much for the search!!!

Unfortunately I tried asking JA for the ASET but they couldn't give it to me as the diamond was out of town :(

Can I ask is there a way to determine a diamond's movement/shine without ASET? :wink2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some, you can sort of guess how well/poorly it will ASET out. I agree with Gypsy to forget your original option - it is cut poorly and I would not waste time on it.

Germz

Rough_Rock
May I know how do you determine a poorly cut diamond?

FYI, the measurements of the diamond I've shown has a typo. See the GIA cert for the correct one!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Germz|1430309705|3869586 said:
May I know how do you determine a poorly cut diamond?
FYI, the measurements of the diamond I've shown has a typo. See the GIA cert for the correct one!

Fancies like cushions cannot be bought by the numbers or any measurements. One has to look at the picture(s) and videos, where if you've seen many, you can determine how well it is reflecting the light back to the eye. I've seen many where the numbers fall into certain percentages that were once thought to be the ideal range, yet were yucky leakers.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results