shape
carat
color
clarity

What's going on with DanielM?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone think of a reason why long-suffering DanielM customers (past and present) should not send letters to
etsy CEO Chad Dickerson:
etsy Corporate Headquarters
55 Washington Street -5th floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201

asking etsy to close the shop? Laurie said quite some time ago that Daniel & Caren were aware of this thread, so I don't think pointing to this thread & speaking of one s own bad experiences jeopardizes any PSer, but maybe I've failed to consider something?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe because they just want to move on with their lives? I don't mean this in a snarky way, its just that people have already devoted a lot of time to it, and maybe they are done and want to forget about it. Perhaps that's what he's banking on?

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There may be people that just 'let it go'............but these people entered a contract for services that was not fulfilled or remedied. They are victims plain and simple. The difficult part is that there appears to be no enforcement mechanism. Contacting Etsy to spell out what has been going on, and the problem with the way their feedback system works is a legitimate option---as well as them taking a look at this thread. Molly has presented the addresses and names of contacts that could be in a position to address this including the AG of MA.
My keyboard would be on fire until someone DID something about DanielM's behavior If he had my gems, jewelry or money..........

Minous........Given his total absence in this timeframe, he IS counting on people not connecting or being empowered to do anything TO him.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, minoux, it never occurred to me that my query might be construed as an intended mandate; I posed the question because,people have rightly opined that DanielM should shutter the etsy shop until they are back on their feet again & airpllay asked today about pursuing a lawsuit -- which is not a practical option for those who don't live close to Salem or Marbleheaad. Although you don't need a lawyer to initiate a small claims action in MA seeking a monetary award of up to $7000, you do have to show up in the local District Court to testify on the date scheduled for trial

But I''ll hereby amend my previous question:
MollyMalone|1430086167|3868174 said:
Can anyone think of a reason why any long-suffering DanielM customers (past and present) should not send letters, if they are inclined to do so, to
etsy CEO Chad Dickerson:
etsy Corporate Headquarters
55 Washington Street -5th floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201

asking etsy to close the shop? Laurie said quite some time ago that Daniel & Caren were aware of this thread, so I don't think pointing to this thread & speaking of one s own bad experiences jeopardizes any PSer, but maybe I've failed to consider something?

I'm happy to write a letter myself, but am thinking that mail from those directly affected would carry more weight.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
I was told I'd have CADs this weekend and I've gotten nothing. I tried begging for my stuff back and offered to buy anything he had already purchased so he wasn't out any money.

I'm not interested in trying to take down his business or start a witch hunt, I just want the stones I sent him back. :( I was trying to get an anniversary present made for my wife and now I feel like they've been stolen.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MM: No, you did not come off as commanding at all! I took your question at face value and was trying to think of reasons why - thats what I came up with. :))

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! I have reported the problem on etsy, opened case on paypal, the next step will be writing the letter as MM suggested and starting the complaint process, i guess...hate this situation. The worst is the lack of communication with the vendor.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know if his last name is Mello?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
airplay355|1430137422|3868360 said:

No. Is outing his last name OK on here? I don't want to break any rules. This has really tested my self control in that regard, because when I get obsessive about things I have a tendency to do a lot of snooping. I can't help it, I used to do background checks for a non-profit. It's a little scary what google and a little tenacity can find out for you.

Off to write another etsy note...

Sad, I'm wearing my little demantoid today, which he set and got back to me lightning fast, the same week I sent the other stone that is still up there. I wore my rhodolite over the weekend, which he also set, and damn I love that ring so much. I hate this whole thing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly, Etsy seems to not care about what each vendor does, not does it seem to enforce anything. I hope fervently that your items will be returned quickly and safely. This has drug on for far too long.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sad (and angry too) to see this is still going on and that Daniel M and Caren are still taking orders without being able to fulfill many others. I cannot imagine how all their reviews are still positive and how they are managing to get new orders with their awful track record as it is shared here.

deskjockey said:
airplay355|1430137422|3868360 said:

No. Is outing his last name OK on here? I don't want to break any rules. This has really tested my self control in that regard, because when I get obsessive about things I have a tendency to do a lot of snooping. I can't help it, I used to do background checks for a non-profit. It's a little scary what google and a little tenacity can find out for you.

Off to write another etsy note...

Sad, I'm wearing my little demantoid today, which he set and got back to me lightning fast, the same week I sent the other stone that is still up there. I wore my rhodolite over the weekend, which he also set, and damn I love that ring so much. I hate this whole thing.

I would think since they are vendors and still taking money and not fulfilling orders and holding people's gems hostage that it is OK to share their last name. Not OK if they are consumers posting on PS but OK since they are vendors and should stand by their services and products don't you agree?

I agree 100% with Molly Malone that something should be done to stop them but that needs to be accomplished by people who have been taken advantage of by them.

I hope everyone here gets their gems and money back from Daniel M.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Deskjockey,

If you're uncomfortable posting his name here, could you private message me somehow or e-mail it to me? I still haven't heard anything from him. Since I already know how this is destined to turn out from the terrible experiences everyone in here has had, I'm just going to start working to get my stuff back now instead of waiting.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I think maybe I can make a Loupetroop account and send/get email that way.

I'm not comfortable outing last names and such on here until I hear from a moderator, and there's no PM function here... I'm just trying to be sensitive about doxxing, it can get ugly and while this isn't the type of community to go really crazy with it, I've seen it get a bit out of hand before. :)

That said, if you paid a deposit via paypal, if you go look at the payment record there you should be able to figure the last name, unless he's changed his email address. ;-)

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Apparently they will be overnight shipped so that I'll have them May 5th or 6th... Has anyone heard that story before?

I paid with a CC.

Did you just send an etsy message to him? He responded to 3 of mine within 10 minutes just now. Did you hear anything?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I just now got a response that things should be in the mail tomorrow.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Fingers crossed! I really hope it turns out alright for everyone. I don't think he's a rip off artist because he could have just said that my stones never arrived and were lost in the mail. It's just very frustrating to be left in limbo. I can't imagine how you guys feel after months. It's only been a little over 2 weeks for me. I just started freaking out when the communication was drying up.

Do keep us updated. I'm hopeful! :|

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly hope its really happening, things will be sent and its not another delaying tactic...

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Me too, i,ve received the same message that my items will be shipped, it was yesterday....and voila! nothing, no shipping info......hope does die the last one, so still hope for the happy end :angel:

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
airplay355|1430145130|3868403 said:
I don't think he's a rip off artist because he could have just said that my stones never arrived and were lost in the mail.

That's not the only kind of rip off artist there is.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! Any updates? Have you heard anything about your orders or things to be shipped?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really shocked (and saddened) that this is still going on and promises are being broken.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but if any of you have paid by credit card then surely you'll be able to get your money back by claiming against the credit card company? Also I know with Paypal it used to be 30 days but I have no idea how long it is now that you have to claim but it's worth trying that route just in case it works.

I'm sorry there are still some of you in the middle of this mess. It's really unfair of Daniel M and there's no excuse for accepting work knowing you can't fulfill your side of the contract. :(sad

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
He sent me CADs today and responded when I asked for a change. Things seem to be going better now but I'm still skeptical. He has promised to have them to me before the 7th so I can give them to my wife for our anniversary. I asked that he send back the stones if he can't make the deadline and I would pay for any diamonds and settings that he bought. I just want to be able to give my wife something even if it's unfinished. He promised he would overnight things if need be and would have them here in time. We'll see I guess.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roi and airplay -- are your deposits-orders showing up in your etsy account pages? I realize your etsy user names may be different than your PS "handle", but the 1st page of his sales-reserved listings -- seen in descending chronological order, i.e., most recent ones first -- looks the same as it did several weeks ago (with the possible addition of the final-sold listing for etsy customer Doreentoy, don't remember if her 2 bezel necklaces were on the page awhile back). So it seems that DanielM has not entered your orders on his own etsy page:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry/sold?ref=shopinfo_sales_leftnav&order=date_desc&page=1

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
I approved final CADs last night.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Daniel M is taking care of new orders but not completing orders from last year?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1430306360|3869544 said:
So Daniel M is taking care of new orders but not completing orders from last year?
Roi's order dates back 5 months IIRC. It's weird that order seemingly is finished -- Final listing, with pics posted -- and apparently has been since before outlaw paid his depost, but Roi has not received even a tracking number, let alone the 2 pieces.

In the past 5 months or so, DanielM seems to have completed only 5 custom orders -- and that's including Roi's commission & koolchicken's pendant, for which she'd waited for ages. The other sales like the amethyst u-prong ring were stock items already at hand in the shop.

That deskjockey has yet to receive a refund & her stones (or the commioned piece) continues to be beyond shameful. :angryfire:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi, updating my situation: i've got tracking number for my package, so crossing fingers for now and will be in touch in a few days to update the situation again. :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results