shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP! Is this a crushed ice cushion!?!?

kelliemellie38

Rough_Rock
I am concerned that this cushion that I have picked out is a crushed ice cushion. I really don't want it to be slushy looking, but after doing further research, the x does not go all the way to the girdle so now I am concerned that it is not an x-factor cushion, but a crushed ice cushion. Any and all feedback would be appreciate before I decide to make this purchase!!! It is rate AGS Ideal 0 for cut grade, light performance, polish and symmetry so I can't see how it would be slushy. THANK YOU!

untitled_37.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't resemble a crushed ice cushion style in any form or fashion.

kelliemellie38

Rough_Rock
Great! I am such a newbie...but I have another question. Is a depth of 68.5% bad on a cushion?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
68% isn't bad. It is easily forgiven if it is well cut (enough in the crown area and to the correct angle combinations).

kelliemellie38

Rough_Rock
Fantastic! I am going to check out the stone tonight in person and if I really like it, I plan to put it on reserve and post all of the info on here to get a final opinion before the plunge is taken. Thank you so much Chrono!

kelliemellie38

Rough_Rock
I saw the cushion at WF last night. It is a gorgeous stone, but I cannot get over how small it looked for a 2 carat and it is not one of those cushions that faces up small (it was over 7mm x 7mm) and it still faced up so small. However, on a positive note, IT WAS SO SHINY AND PRETTY. But based on size being my number one priority, I chose to forgo my preference of cushion cuts and look at some of their ACA round brilliants in my budget and I am still in shock about how pretty and sparkly they were. I do not think I have ever seen a diamond so sparkly in my life. I have now moved on and plan to purchase a round which I will post the specs on once I reserve it! I really appreciate your feedback Chrono!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an interesting cut! I'd love to see that cushion in real life to see how it reflects the light!

And no, definitely not crushed ice!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelliemellie38|1429896014|3867216 said:
I saw the cushion at WF last night. It is a gorgeous stone, but I cannot get over how small it looked for a 2 carat and it is not one of those cushions that faces up small (it was over 7mm x 7mm) and it still faced up so small. However, on a positive note, IT WAS SO SHINY AND PRETTY. But based on size being my number one priority, I chose to forgo my preference of cushion cuts and look at some of their ACA round brilliants in my budget and I am still in shock about how pretty and sparkly they were. I do not think I have ever seen a diamond so sparkly in my life. I have now moved on and plan to purchase a round which I will post the specs on once I reserve it! I really appreciate your feedback Chrono!
It's good to have one's eyes opened to alternative options and it sounds like you are well on the way to getting something that is going to satisfy your requirements!

I will look forward to pictures when you have chosen your stone :)

kelliemellie38

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a ACA RB from WF today so I will definitely post photos once I have it in my hands!

The cushion at WF was BEAUTIFUL. It was very very sparkly. I am sadly a size person which is why I chose to go another route.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results