carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, CONGRATULATIONS to you and dear Charlie!!!!!!!!!! You look so happy and I love the background and your shirts! Can wait for the rest of the pics, including bling shots!

Zoe, I’m sorry to hear about your uncle, and your parents definitely deserve a little time to decompress. A dog sharing arrangement would be great – you’d all get the best of both worlds!

Deegee, a FIVE DOLLAR REFUND – woah sister! Don’t spend all that in one place! Have a great time at the beach and big hugs to you and your mom and dad.

Curby, how goes the trip? My broth drove from Idaho to Pittsburgh last week (stopping at my house on the way) and he went right through the snow storm. He had pictures; it looked pretty grim.

My brother did come on Friday. He slept on an air mattress on the floor (that’s what happens when you invite yourself to stay at someone’s house without asking if they have ANY (let alone an EXTRA) bedroom. When he left on Saturday morning he flipped the door to the unlocked position when he took his suitcase to the truck, and then a few minutes later when the CB and I walked him out to say goodbye the CB flipped the door again… to the LOCKED position. So at 8:30 in the morning I was standing in the parking lot in my jammies locked out. Ugh. I was about to go and knock on the door of one of my neighbors who has a key when the neighbor upstairs opened his door and I remembered that HE had a key too because when they brought their baby home from the hospital a few weeks ago they stored some stuff in my freezer. Whew!

So then I got the brilliant idea that I should take my screens out and scrub them and then wash the windows. Well the screens alone took half the day because I did them, and once they dried I realized they weren’t truly clean, so I had to do them a second time. The three windows in the front of the place got done and put back together but I’ve got six on the other side that still need to be cleaned and then the screens put back in. I guess they will wait until next weekend.

Yesterday we didn’t do a ton… The CB went to the grocery store, I cleaned up a little and did a bit of laundry, we had lunch with friends, and then pretty much took a nap and just lounged around on the couch reading until we went to bed.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday.

Excuse typos I am in my iPad and lost my earlier long post.

Zoe, I do remember you had hassles with your condo. What a relief to be done with that. We have a giant 5th wheeler we are still trying to sell. I wish that would hurry up and find a new owner. We will take about a 15K loss on it but that at least means a payment goes away. Singapore will start in October.

Dee Jay, how fun to be locked out of your place in your Jammie's. Glad that your neighbors had a key. Good to hear your brother made it through the storm okay on his trip.

Deegee, I am glad you and your parents are having a relaxing week together. It's a good break from everything.

Rod, I am so anxious to see your pictures.

We had a nice day yesterday visiting Marty's sister and parents. They finally have a decent restaurant here to eat out at so we had supper there and are going there for lunch shortly.

Have a great day.
Curly

PS. When we were leaving the car rental place a guy had his head up his apps and drove right in to the curb. Marty says "he pulled a Marcy"

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1429551818|3864923 said:
PS. When we were leaving the car rental place a guy had his head up his apps and drove right in to the curb. Marty says "he pulled a Marcy"

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1429552681|3864930 said:
marcy|1429551818|3864923 said:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Love it!

I can't take credit for that. The highway signs on e470 in Colorado actually says get you head out of your apps. :lol:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm so looking forward to seeing the pictures as well! I do have another one of us showing rings, but more from a distance:

mmb19929__1_.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod you both look so happy and your rings look great. :wavey:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy, I'll post more pics when we get them from the photographer.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-your rings are very showy, even at a little bit of a distance! They look great!

Dee*Jay- your brother is lucky you have an air mattress! I bet those couches of yours are awfully comfy too.

Marcy-glad you've had a nice visit so far. Only one good restaurant? That will get old real fast!

Here's a pic to summarize my day. We had a bad storm this morning and lots of shells washed up. Lily enjoyed running like a crazy dog. She hates the water, but loves running in the sand. Sorry it's sideways!

_29275.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, Bad Sister Alert! I *was* going to offer him either the air mattress or a sofa,whichever he wanted, but he's a smoker and when we were ready to go to bed he reeked of smoke and there was just no way I was going to let him spend eight hours rolling around on my beloved couch. Does that make me evil...?

Rod, love the ring shot, but can't wait to get close up hand shots too!

Curby, I am still laughing about getting your head out of yours apps - ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Last night the CB made mini burgers and we had potato chips with them. I haven't had Ruffles for ages and if I never have them again that would be fine with me. They were SO greasy and SO salty and SO generally disgusting -- YUCK.

I walked to work again this morning and I forgot my FitBit for the second day in a row.

This is the week I made the transition to iced coffee for the season and now I am sitting in my office shivering... BRRRR!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay that makes you a smart sister not a bad sister. I am not a fan of cigarette smoke at all. Your mini burgers sound great and I agree regular potato chips are way too greasy. I like baked lays especially the BBQ flavor. I am still chuckling about get your head out of your apps myself. I'd truly like to use that on 3 of my 5 employees.

I slept in until 7:30 today. We are off to do some shopping and meet someone for lunch today.

Marty and I bought stuff to make tacos for supper last night. My husbands family isn't what you would call organizers or planners so I may just take over meal planning. :bigsmile: the rest of the family starts coming in Thursday. My MIL has no idea they are coming. It will be Marty's brother and his daughter then my SIL we are staying with has her 2 sons coming and a DIL. I sure hope at least 2 of they stay with my in laws. This place is decent sized but not that large.

Mm strawberries and Cheerios for breakfast.

Have a great day.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try to catch a thin crescent moon tonight after sunset. Venus will be very close to it. It will be pretty.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee I love your beach shot with seashells. How fun. I know it sounds bad to only have one decent restaurant here but it is a vast improvement over none. Before we had McDonalds or a pizza, sub, Italian place that was awful. The new place is at the local golf course. You stand in line to order at this new place but they have sandwiches, salads, appetizers, steaks, burgers and a few desserts. I guess there is a Mexican restaurant about 15 minutes out of town but it's awful. Enjoy the beach for me today.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

We went shopping today. I got a new baby blue purse. I am worrying about how dirty it will get but I love the color. Marty got a pair of flip flops and a charger for his iPad. See even miles from home we still live on the edge. :lol:

I slept better last night. I ate way too much today. I am stuffed. When we got close to my SIL house I said I'm not eating anything but a cookie and a small coke for supper. We came in the door and my MIL had baked lasagna, bread and salad. Needless to say I had some of it for supper. What are you going to do when your MIL hands you a plate of food?

We saw 3 Bentleys on the road today. You don't see that every day.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy and Deejay, I hope you are both having a great time on vacation! And Marcy, when your MIL offers a plate of Lasagna, you eat it. Yes you do! We see lots of Bentley's and Rolls Royce and Lamborghini and Maserati and just every high end car you can imagine in Tampa.

Yesterday we had to take Sakai in for more blood work. Her feeding tube was clogged when we got home and made the decision to have it removed, even though she continues to lose weight. But we now know why she's losing weight, even though she's eating. Turns out the steroid she's on has made her diabetic. So I had to leave work early today to go to the vet and learn how to give her an insulin shot. She's now going to get them twice a day. It was remarkably easy to give her the first shot tonight. I don't even think she knew I gave her a shot. Fingers crossed this will help her start to gain weight. One thing I can say for sure. We've spent several thousand $$$'s in the last few weeks and when its time to say goodbye, we'll know we did every single thing we could for her. She's on my shoulder, gently purring as I type this.

To those on vacation, have a great time. To those who are not, I hope your week is going well!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I so agree. You don't turn down food your MIL offers you. You smile, say thank you and this is good.

I bet Sakai feels better having the feeding tube out. That is too bad she is diabetic now from her medicine but hopefully the shots will help her with that. I am glad she's on your should purring.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, when your MIL hands you a plate of food you EAT IT. End of story!

Rod, I'm sure Sakai feels much better without the feeding tube in! Happy kitty!

I walked to work this morning and I really wished I had gloves. It was 37 degrees with a cold wind and my hands were freezing!

Oh... and I think I've lost my FitBit... Last time I remember having it was on Sunday. I took it out to look at how many steps I did that day and I *think* I put it on the coffee table, but now I can't find it anywhere. I'll search all the usual places again, but I fear it maybe gone...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

I am chilly this morning but since the high for today will be in the 80's I am sure I won't be chilly for long.

Dee Jay, I hope you find your Fitbit. Rats that is was cold for your walk to work this morning. Marty lost his fitbit within the first few weeks. It just came off his wrist. For the price you'd think they would make them a little more secure.

Marty and his sister are at the gym and swimming pool. Marty and his dad are playing golf this afternoon then dinner at the in-laws. Things are blooming down here so my allergies are going "Yo!"

Have a great day!
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough day. Sakai simply isn't doing well. We had to start her on insulin, which isn't going well. It's making her nauseous, which means she won't eat, so she's literally wasting in from of our eyes. I'm pretty sure the end is near and it's tearing us up.

On a nice note, I took a couple hand shots of my ring today. I really really love my wedding ring. Yes I do!

4-22-15-2.jpg
4-22-15.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am very sorry to hear about Sakai. I hope she perks up and eats tomorrow. Thinking of all of you.

Your wedding ring is fabulous. Your diamonds look fantastic. I can see why you love it.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, my allergies are in full bloom too. I mentioned to the CB that even though I've been getting plenty of sleep I an just exhausted and have to drag myself out of bed these past few mornings. He said that a few of his coworkers were having a conversation and one of their doctors said that's how you can tell the difference between when you have allergies or a cold; if you're fatigued it's allergies. I would think it would be the opposite, but what do I know...?

Rod, your ring is just STUNNING! I knew it would be gorgeous given how beautiful the diamonds were and what good taste you have in picking a setting, but those pics confirm it! I'm thinking of you and Charlie and furry little Sakai...

So I thought of going into the office today... but then I re-thought it and now I'm sitting here on the couch in my jammies! I have a call with the property manager at 10:15 to talk about some maintenance projects in the complex, and I am going to give the master bath a big scrubbing, but beyond that I don't have a lot to do. Maybe I will finally get around to posting a renovation thread. For some reason though my other computer only lets me post one picture and then I get an error message from that point on. Maybe I'll try posting a few to this thread from my phone to see if it works.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test shot from a walk by the tracks

_29367.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Down the alley (don't... I have a fascination with alleys!)

alley.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... Well the first one uploaded OK but the second one I had to fool around with four times to get it upright. This might be more trouble than it's worth... Maybe I'll try one more.

ETA: OK, well this one came out sideways too and I don't think I have the energy to fvck around with all of them so I am giving up at this point. For some reason the ones I post from my work computer come out up-right but whenever I post from anything else they are often sideways--if they post at all!

dandis.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, are you using an iPhone to take the pictures? When taking pictures on iPhone (it may be the same on Android) if you take the photo with the phone vertically, it will post sideways. You need to take the pictures with the phone horizontally.

Otherwise the pictures are actually really nice!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod -- thank you for that info! Yes, I'm using my iphone. Now that I look at them the photos that posted sideways were indeed taken "upright." Maybe I'll see what I have that's "horizontal" that I can post.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It didn't used to be that way DeeJay, but with iOS 8, Apple changed the orientation of how pictures post when taken vertically. I'm a master of iPhone/iPad, if anyone needs assistance!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday.

Dee Jay, I think staying home today was a good idea. I was up at 5:30 to ride around with Marty in the golf cart. I'm ready for a nap. I can confirm that allergies make you tired. The week stuff blooms at home I am in bed by 9 and still can't get enough sleep. I am pretty stuffed up from being outside today. All of Marty's family is outside upright now and I am inside. Being anti social. I've had enough of the great outdoors today. LOL.

Rod thanks for explaining why pictures post sideways from my iPhone. I seem to take most vertical pictures on my phone but mostly horizontal on my camera.

Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh.......I didn't get much sleep last night. It's just killing us watch Sakai waste away. Charlie took her back to the vet and they still maintain it's not her time yet. They've taken her off some medications, changed some and put her feeding tube back in. So we're back to pushing liquids down the tube, which is better than watching her starve to death. Turns out they prescribed a dose of insulin twice daily that was simply too much for her little body. We've cut back to once a day and a half does at that. It will hopefully stop her from feeling so sick from the shot. I am really surprised how easy it is to give her a shot. She's not even aware I've poked her with a needle. I'm the medicine giver here. Charlie just can't do it. I'm now calling her our $5K Kitty as that's what we've spent on vet services in the last 6 weeks..........sigh..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, i hope all the new meds and treatments get Sakai feeling better and gaining weight. Give her a big hug for me.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday!

Rod, beautiful rings! I'm so sorry to hear that Sakai isn't do well with insulin, but I'm glad the vet was able to change her med routine. I hope she feels better soon.

I'm craving burgers now, so thank you, Marcy and Dee*Jay. My cravings for everything I shouldn't have are kicking in high gear right now. I think I see a cheeseburger and fries in my future today.

Hi Deegee! The beach looks so relaxing.

My last class met on Wednesday, and I'm so glad to be done with that. I'm on vacation next week. I'm trying to get as much done as possible this week so I don't have to take much home with me. I was hoping to take a last minute trip out west to meet my niece but my sister's in-laws just left, and I think they're relieved to be guest-free for a bit. My dad's going out there in two weeks I think. While he's gone, D. and I are going to watch my uncle's dog to give my mom a break. Other than doing some work next week, I'm meeting friends for lunch and dinner, and I'm hoping to catch up on sleep and a few books on my Kindle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results