shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel jewels

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
I can never decide what to bring when I go on a trip. I usually give myself a limit of 5 rings. How does everybody else decide? Taking these babies to California with me tomorrow! image_3287.jpg

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
And these two are ALWAYS a given...
image_3071.jpg
And the top cigar style right hand ring on the top of this photo

image_3024.jpg

I just love the baguette swivel in this one :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Tend to keep it pretty basic when i travel. Depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing. I Don't want to call too much attention to my bling, but then my collection is nowhere near yours :love: have fun on your trip! :wavey:

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I wish I had your selection! We are making a trip to the Yucatan next month and my husband has informed me that my big Rock is not going along...so I just decided that I'm going to look for a stunt double. I think I'll find a style that I might consider in the future! I know it's a good and safe thing to not take her along, but I will miss her :) Now...if I were going to somewhere in the States, I'd take every bit of sparkle I own, earrings, tennis bracelet, rings...yep! Enjoy your trip!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy travelling in style! Great choice for your next trip.

I tend to keep my jewelry very simple and I only take one set that I just wear all the time, like my diamond studs and one simple band ring. I avoid drawing attention to my jewelry.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take what I can wear when I travel. Usually that means 2 to 3 rings including an engagement ring and wedding ring, 1 pair of earrings, 1 bracelet, 1 necklace. If we're leaving the hotel room I don't want to leave anything behind.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All my jewelry (not as much as yours but I have some nice pieces) go into the safe deposit box and I usually wear a gold band or one of my small diamond wedding bands.. to me to lug it around the world is a pain and I'm always worried I'll get robbed, or you put your ring in a hotel safe and no one is around to open the safe, etc. If just in the USA I'll wear my engagement ring and a band and not take them off.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When I travel within Canada or the U.S I wear my jewelry, but when I travel to the Caribbean (Cuba, Mexico & Dominican primarily), I used to wear a simple gold band, a set of silver hoops & an inexpensive fashion watch. I didnt want to attract attention to myself, plus I was uncomfortable because many of those places are very poor.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It depends on where I'm going. If it's domestic US travel, I will usually wear my engagement ring and wedding band. Otherwise, I keep it fairly basic/simple. I usually bring a diamond band or two for my right hand and then a selection of costume pieces. If I am going internationally, I will typically only bring a plain gold band and costume jewelry.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Bonfire|1427643127|3854125 said:
I Tend to keep it pretty basic when i travel. Depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing. I Don't want to call too much attention to my bling, but then my collection is nowhere near yours :love: have fun on your trip! :wavey:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
baroque|1427645740|3854149 said:
Beautiful! I wish I had your selection! We are making a trip to the Yucatan next month and my husband has informed me that my big Rock is not going along...so I just decided that I'm going to look for a stunt double. I think I'll find a style that I might consider in the future! I know it's a good and safe thing to not take her along, but I will miss her :) Now...if I were going to somewhere in the States, I'd take every bit of sparkle I own, earrings, tennis bracelet, rings...yep! Enjoy your trip!
My friend Tawni works as a retailer for a costume jewelry company called Chloe + Isabel and she told me once that they would make a replica of any of my pieces. I haven't taken them up on it yet, but think about giving it a go sometimes. I know it sounds stupid, but I just don't feel right wearing costume pieces. Although I have many beautiful "costume" pieces, lots of crystal. If its not gold or genuine gems I consider it costume.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your selection for your trip to California. The blue goes well with the sunny blue skies there and the beautiful Pacific ocean. Enjoy your trip!

I feel the same way you do about wearing replicas. I want to wear my real jewelry and not replicas.

I always travel with only my ER and WBs and one pair of earrings usually. I take the a minimum of things because I like to travel light. My dh is impressed with the way I travel and we usually only take carry on luggage because I pack so light. And like the others I only take as much jewelry as I will wear every day because I don't want to leave it in the hotel safe.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1427646220|3854153 said:
Enjoy travelling in style! Great choice for your next trip.

I tend to keep my jewelry very simple and I only take one set that I just wear all the time, like my diamond studs and one simple band ring. I avoid drawing attention to my jewelry.
Thanks so much! I'm the complete opposite lol. You can see me coming a mile away with all my bling and my matching monogrammed Louis Vuitton luggage :dance:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
missy|1427713392|3854421 said:
I love your selection for your trip to California. The blue goes well with the sunny blue skies there and the beautiful Pacific ocean. Enjoy your trip!

I feel the same way you do about wearing replicas. I want to wear my real jewelry and not replicas.

I always travel with only my ER and WBs and one pair of earrings usually. I take the a minimum of things because I like to travel light. My dh is impressed with the way I travel and we usually only take carry on luggage because I pack so light. And like the others I only take as much jewelry as I will wear every day because I don't want to leave it in the hotel safe.
Thank you so much @missy! I love the blue too. I'm almost as addicted to tanzanite as I am to diamonds I can't wear the fake metals with nickel, it turns me finger green :mrgreen:. I wish I could pack lighter lol, I usually have a big LV rolling checked bag, LV duffle bag to carry on and my LV messenger bag to carry on as my personal item. I push it to the limit :wall:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Wow, there are some great responses here! Thanks so much for the input guys :wavey: . Its funny how we all have the same love of jewelry in common, but the styles we choose and how we choose to wear them differ drastically. Just imagine how sad it would be if the ancients never invented jewelry or found diamonds :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tell you how I decide...I dont have 5 to choose from so it's not a problem! :lol: :cheeky: :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if you get here and feel like you have just brought too much, feel free to drop by my house. I will babysit them for free!

Have a great trip!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've seen your threads previously and haven't known what to make of them. It seems you are in the trade, because you have shown semi-mounts with price tags on them and have mentioned needing to make them into rings. Also...with your name, your hand photos and your rings...are you a man who loves to wear rings made for women?

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Tourmaline|1427734144|3854558 said:
I've seen your threads previously and haven't known what to make of them. It seems you are in the trade, because you have shown semi-mounts with price tags on them and have mentioned needing to make them into rings. Also...with your name, your hand photos and your rings...are you a man who loves to wear rings made for women?
Wow, no I'm not in the trade. Yes I have semi-mounts that need to be made into rings. Why should I take the tags off before they have a stone. I'm a little confused on your logics as to the fact that I have semi-mounts, I must be in the trade.... again no. I also think its pretty sexist, among other things to label a certain sex to a piece of jewelry. I just love beautiful jewelry and you don't find much worth looking at in typical "men's" pieces. So to clearly answer your questions. Yes, I am a man that likes to wear beautiful jewelry often departmentalized to be women's. I'm lucky enough to have an expansive collection and I count my blessings daily... :dance:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle|1427723498|3854490 said:
Well, if you get here and feel like you have just brought too much, feel free to drop by my house. I will babysit them for free!

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much! I'll def let you know lol. What part of California do you live in? I'm going to be in San Diego for 3 days then LA LA land for 4. Coming from Baltimore so its a pretty long flight. I'm actually on the plane now. I love being able to pay $8 for WiFi. Plus, if anything bad ever happened it could be a form of communication to the outside.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Looks like you have quality pieces though. I would always choose quality over quantity. Although, it would probably give me anxiety if I had to lol

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I feel off when I forget to put my jewelry on for the day so I know how you feel by just limiting yourself to 5 pieces. Your travel jewels are beautiful. I'm in LA and it's been unseasonably warm I think we're skipping spring and heading into summer. Safe travels!

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
SandyCheeks|1427767057|3854863 said:
I feel off when I forget to put my jewelry on for the day so I know how you feel by just limiting yourself to 5 pieces. Your travel jewels are beautiful. I'm in LA and it's been unseasonably warm I think we're skipping spring and heading into summer. Safe travels!
Thanks so much! :wavey: I'm in San Diego until Wednesday. Then I'll be heading to LA as well :appl:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that solitaire, good choice to bring! But you're missing one of my favorite cities, San Francisco :naughty: Enjoy your trip!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond Boy, Your travel collection is beautiful and all your jewels will feel right at home in San Diego and LA. I was in
La Jolla a few months ago and found many Jewelers on Prospect St. that have gorgeous pieces. If you have extra time during the day it would be worth your while to stop by. Enjoy your trip!

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Calliecake|1427837101|3855254 said:
Diamond Boy, Your travel collection is beautiful and all your jewels will feel right at home in San Diego and LA. I was in
La Jolla a few months ago and found many Jewelers on Prospect St. that have gorgeous pieces. If you have extra time during the day it would be worth your while to stop by. Enjoy your trip!
Thanks so much for the kind words and the advice. Sounds right up my alley, might get in trouble though lol, but that also sounds right up my alley hehe :dance: ... my poor DH

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Here's a little pickie poo I snapped this morning before the sun came all the way out.... Gorge Bush! Lol :dance:

screenshot__15__2.png

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am late to the game and your trip is over by now Diamondboy but I am the same way you and Missy are, I feel the same about replicas. Somehow I would feel different and they would not make me feel the same way, my real jewelry does. I want to be able to look at them even while travelling. Besides, I want my own jewelry that I am used to and I would miss otherwise. That said, I do not take many pieces when I travel; generally one or two sets but even this is way more than most take. I guess I am used to carrying pieces around and what is difference between doing it locally or elsewhere. It is just as likely that I get robbed locally.

Of course this also depends on where you are going, you want real jewelry if you are going to posh places and it depends on the occasions and events you would attend. Generally, when I travel it is either for business or combined and I should wear nice jewelry.

Missy I am shocked you travel so lightly. What do you do with all your boots and beautiful dresses? I have to admit that I am a disaster when I travel. You do see me from a mile away too. I generally have two huge luggages and then also dresses hanging on my ears... :lol: When I come home it is worse as I tend to acquire some nice new stuff while on vacay. Packing both ways but especially back is a real difficult job as luggages do not want to close. I guess I am like a comedy when I travel. I wish I could travel lightly. I have tried it but then I left so much stuff home I needed to go shopping right away. Sorry, I am a bad example and also I am definitely one of those very girlie girls and my vacays are not hiking trips. If I went hiking, cycling, etc., then it would be different.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondBoy I hope you are enjoying your trip. Right now I wish I was in sunny California instead of rainy and cold NYC. I love your latest pic. :love:

Ovi, LOL yes I am probably the lightest traveler of any girly girl which as you know I am. I am just too practical for my own good I guess. I loathe traveling with lots of stuff because then there is more chance I can lose some of my beautiful clothes/boots/etc. I used to travel with more but it always ended up with me not wearing much of what I brought with us so I realized it was just not worth it. Of course as far as my situation goes I feel now I have the best of both worlds as you know. We mainly travel from our home in NY to our beach house these days where I have many doubles of my clothes and shoes so win win. Both homes have almost everything I need without any packing. Except for my dh and the kitties that is... :cheeky:

And I also always think OK if I don't have something I need then I can always go shopping woohoo and any occasion to go shopping is a good one. No? :cheeky: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results