shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking 2.5CT Round

RoundSeeker

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for the best value on a 2.5ct round brilliant. Don't need best quality just important that it shines and faces up well. Ideally; I/J color and VS2/SI1 quality. Want blue Fl and cap budget on the stone at 16,500. I know that's not a lot but need to budget for the desired tacori setting. Any pointers are much appreciated.

RoundSeeker

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much MayK, I would not have located this stone had you not pointed me towards it. Looks gorgeous.

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
I agree. I would get a better stone and then upgrade the setting at a letter date or consider a smaller well cut stone. I personally wouldn't compromise the center stone for a nicer setting. If at some point you decide to upgrade, easier to do with a well cut stone too.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the tacori setting manditory? We might be able to find something similar for a bit less cash so you can get that gorgeous 2.5 above! :love:

RoundSeeker

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. I'm good with holding back on the setting and doing that later and investing in the stone first.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RoundSeeker|1426624834|3848704 said:
Thank you so much MayK, I would not have located this stone had you not pointed me towards it. Looks gorgeous.

You're so welcome... I have a 2.0 Brian Gavin Blue and I love it. I've been lusting after this one. When I saw your requirements it was the first thing to come to mind.

RoundSeeker

Rough_Rock
I was just about to purchase the BGD when I read the feedback from the buyer of this stone in July who ended up sending it back after he got it appraised. You'll always hear good and bad just want to make sure it's a smart purchase and faces it up nicely.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can you please share a link to the feedback from July appraisal?

RoundSeeker

Rough_Rock
I'll figure out shortly how to grab the link...{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 TrebuchetMS;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red241\green247\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
yolosuarez|1405135687|3711800 said:
Hey guys!!! Update!! Just got the diamond in this morning and I had to post something on here because I have until Monday to decide on this diamond! So I ended up getting an independent appraisal today for the BDG Blue diamond and most of it went really well and all followed suit for most in accordance to the report. The inclusion is visible but only if I really concentrate on it, I don't think it will be an issue at all. It is definitely eye-clean to me. The issues that came across was in reference to the strong blue. The appraiser definitely said there was some milkiness/haziness within the stone as when we compared it with a medium blue that was clearer through the middle. \
\
Also, she said something else about the girdle, she said there may have been some slight adjustments in the girdle and "they might have cleaned it up a bit". Instead of thin to medium on the report she checked twice and said its slightly thick. I didn't really ask specifically what that have meant but I did say it was owned before me. The appraiser said that the price was fair to both parties and right now that is not the issue. The issue I'm having is when I first got the diamond I felt great! But! After the appraisal and after comparing it with a similar grade, size, clarity, and fluor "medium blue" the medium blue stone looked "clearer" through the middle. I hope I'm not being nit-picky but ever since I got home I really don't know what to do or how to think. I would love your opinions I have until Monday to decide!
\
}

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The transparency issue with strong fluorescence is commonly thought of as a 'yes/no' issue. That is, either milky or not milky. More realistically it can be viewed like color and clarity - small ranges along a continuum. In other words, it is more a matter of degree rather than a yes/no question. The good news is that indoors, the vast majority of lighting scenarios do not contain sufficient UV intensity to activate the fluorescent effect.

RoundSeeker

Rough_Rock
Thank you! These pics are different and actually nicer.

RoundSeeker

Rough_Rock
Thank you Texas Leaguer for the feedback on the strong blue flour; very helpful information.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results