shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant question: has anyone had one made by OWD?

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
I am considering purchasing a stone from OWD to make into a pendant to layer with my DBTY WG necklace and wear with my BG blue milgrain studs. I really like the idea of getting a vintage stone. The one I am looking at is a .83ct cushion. I want to do a bezel setting that likely involves milgrain and looks period appropriate with the stone but not too fussy. I have never purchased a stone without it being set. Has anyone had OWD create something like this? Is it a big pain to purchase the stone, have it sent to me and then send it to someone else to set? Any recommendations for jewelers who would be not too expensive but be able to give me what I am looking for? Also, if you have inspiration pictures to share that would be great. All thoughts appreciated!!!

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Jewels by Grace have made a lot of gorgeous milgrain pendants lately, and I'm sure she'd be able to source a cushion for you.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
I have a stone that I am thinking about at OWD. Do you think it would be cheaper to go with Grace?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about BG since you already have milgrain bezel studs from them?

But really, OWD probably does a lot of milgrain work. Ask them if they have any pictures they can show you. It would be much easier to have them do it.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Agree and while I want the stone for the necklace to be bezeled and milgrained I would also like it to have a little something going on on the sides. I know BG could do it but it seems like a hassle to send the stone and it doesn't seem that complicated (I hope)! Thanks for the input!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results