shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Trinity: Fake or Authentic based on inside markings?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What does everyone think based on what they've seen... fake or authentic?

Anything you think is missing to show it might be fake?

_27095.jpg

_27096.jpg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Cartier Trinity: Fake or Authentic based on inside marki

Maybe it just isn't shown in the pictures from these angles, but I don't see the SNOE with heart hallmark inside... should they all have that?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

Mine looks a little different from what is pictured. After the size, mine has a c in a circle and then after the serial number, the heart and SNOE. Yours shows some marking before the 750, which mine doesn't have. Mine also doesn't say Cartier inside but rather outside on the rose gold band.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What does SNOE mean in this context? Serial Number.....?

For a moment I thought my ring was meant to have the word Snoe written on the inside.

All the internet abbreviations drive me nuts sometimes. Occasionally (not here) there's a sentence which is just unintelligible due to the number of codes.

Anyway, I'm assuming SNOE is a code for something to do with serial numbers.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Logan Sapphire|1424182005|3833790 said:
Mine looks a little different from what is pictured. After the size, mine has a c in a circle and then after the serial number, the heart and SNOE. Yours shows some marking before the 750, which mine doesn't have. Mine also doesn't say Cartier inside but rather outside on the rose gold band.
They can look a little different depending on when and where they were made.

Also I can't remember but I believe SNOE is not printed on every one. And I mean, if it was, that's easy enough to fake, too, so why leave that out but include the small detailed hallmark?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya|1424183723|3833802 said:
What does SNOE mean in this context? Serial Number.....?

For a moment I thought my ring was meant to have the word Snoe written on the inside.

All the internet abbreviations drive me nuts sometimes. Occasionally (not here) there's a sentence which is just unintelligible due to the number of codes.

Anyway, I'm assuming SNOE is a code for something to do with serial numbers.

If I remember correctly snoe is the name of the designer.

For what its worth, fi.z, looks real to me.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1424184221|3833812 said:

Also I can't remember but I believe SNOE is not printed on every one. And I mean, if it was, that's easy enough to fake, too, so why leave that out but include the small detailed hallmark?

I didn't say hers is fake; I have no idea if it is or not. I'm just reporting what mine says :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Logan Sapphire|1424184532|3833816 said:
Niel|1424184221|3833812 said:

I didn't say hers is fake; I have no idea if it is or not. I'm just reporting what mine says :))

Oh I know. I only quoted yours because it had the snoe comment in it. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything. :)

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes, from what I understand, SNOE is the name of the designer. It is a bit of a relief to hear that SNOE isn't marked on all of them. I have done research and so far, this seller does have a pattern of selling authentic items that "experts" and forums have experienced...Anyhow, for the price I paid, I was willing to risk it but definitely it is an encouragement and I suppose good feeling to be wearing a classic authentic Cartier piece. In a couple of weeks, I'll know if it fits!!! :appl:

However, I truly trust my fellow PSers... even more than company ambassadors and such!! :clap:

I will post a pic once I receive it .. I will be proud to join the club!

Thanks so much Logansapphire, Niel!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, whaddya know....I checked mine with my x 20 loupe and there it is! "Snoe" under a little heart! I never noticed that before. But there are so many markings on it and I knew it was real as I'd bought it at Cartier that I didn't look that closely. Huh. Who knew? I researched these rings quite thoroughly before buying and didn't come across anything about the designer's name, even thought the ring is quite ironic.

I guess it's like the Faberge pre-1918 pieces having the workmaster's initials on them.

You learn something new every day!

Edit: The marks on mine are as follows: (It's the small but not skinny version that costs $1,150 last time I looked. Can't rememebr the width mm of each ring. 2.9mm?)

Yellow gold ring - no marking inside or out
White gold ring - no marking inside or out
Rose gold ring: Cartier on the outside. Inside: 750 51 © VJ0000 SNOE (with heart above) Weird kite-shaped thing. Tiny number in a shield/stamp.

The last two things are just way too tiny to see, even with a loupe, but they look like an empty kite-shaped design followed by what looks like a number within a stamp. I might be able to make out "50". But they're just too small to see.

The serial number is not really 0000 - I just put it in like that for security since it's a number unique to my piece, but it's four numbers, anyway.

Hope this helps. I bought it a couple of years ago.

Actually, the white gold ring isn't looking that white! I'm not sure it was ever bright white though.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know, I have to say, now that I have my ring out and am looking at it....the "a" in "Cartier" is much fatter in the picture than on mine, which is a narrower and more slanted "a". The number font also looks wider and flatter in the picture than on mine. In addition, the "Cartier" is on the inside and the sequence of hallmarking is different from mine. I think Cartier might have made these rings with the brand on the inside, but the letter/number font doesn't look like on mine. I'd take photos but I don't think my camera can do it so close up. It's just an old point-and-shoot.

Comparing the two photos, I have to tell you that I'm not sure the one in the first two photos above is real.

The font on mine looks like this. I think this looks quite different from the one in the pic above. Is there a return policy?
http://www.fortrove.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/7/175eod_2.jpg

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

To be honest the "ar" transition and angle of the r in the logo don't look right to me. Also the serial number seems low no? I checked mine and its in the thousands. My ring is from Ireland and starts with IR. I'm thinking that they sell relatively few rings in Ireland compared to Denmark (DK is Denmark right?). The number just seems low to me, but maybe this is due to the fact that it's the thinner version.

Actually do they have any idea how old it is? The thin version wasn't available in the European market when I bought mine 4 years ago. I think it was exclusively American for a while. I could be wrong though.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

chemgirl, it does seem like the "r" is a little off in the picture... maybe the angle of the picture is weird.. or at least I am hoping!

The serial number starting with "DK" ... does isn't necessarily mean "Denmark?" some serial numbers start with KK or no letters at all, only digits.. what would that mean?

My conclusion is that font isn't always consistent... prrsence of snoe isn't consistent....seems like it might be pretty difficult to identify an authentic vs a fake.. unless the font is OBVIOUSLY off....

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

Good point. I just know that mine came from Ireland and the serial number starts with an IR so I assumed it had something to do with country of origin. I could be totally off.

The important part is that it's a very pretty ring and looks to be in good condition. Would love to see handshots when you get it!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

I'm no expert but been following listings on eBay for about a year...I agree the a in cartier looks a bit funny to me. I don't know that I've seen any with serial numbers where the letters were quite so wide but it could be a country specific thing. You didn't buy this from Japan did you?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I did....but I am interested in hearing about a japan purchase... :confused:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

I just have seen a lot of fakes from Japanese sellers claiming they are authentic.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

What thickness is this ring?

I have the 3mm one (thin but not the ultra-thin) and I don't have Cartier on the inside at all, just the outside (and yes, it does look different than the lettering in your picture). Also the font that everything else is stamped in (750 53 (c) RS 4627) is much much tinier. I bought mine at the Cartier store in 2013. I know that the older rings have different stamps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results