shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone diamond and sapphire ring - 3 generations

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Hello there,

I am sharing a ring that is priceless to me: it belonged to my paternal grandmother who died shortly before my father met my mother (he was still wearing a mourning band when they met, a tradition that had largely died out even then). It was my grandmother's engagement ring, although not her first we think, we think grandpa upgraded it as he grew more prosperous, it then became my mother's engagement ring. Mum wore this ring every day, gardening, decorating - whatever. As she approached her 80s, she was finding it difficult to wear as her knuckles got larger so on my fortieth birthday she gifted it to me. Mum is still very much with us and I too wear this ring every day and get so much pleasure from it.

Specs: It is platinum with a central cushion cut, very dark untreated cushion cut sapphire of an estimated 1.57 carats. The two diamonds are old cut and estimated to be 0.75 and 0.69 carats. They are really very sparkly and I have been told by the appraiser and repairers that they are "very good". The diamonds are older than the setting, which the appraiser thinks dates from the 1940's or 1950's. The sapphire often looks a dark velvety almost black colour on my finger, I know this isn't the most prized or valuable colour for a sapphire but it looks stunningly elegant in this setting. I get lots of people commenting on this ring, they love it.

One day I will get a master bench jeweller to recreate the setting from scratch as it is fragile and has had relatively crude repairs to prevent the stones coming loose.

img_6563.jpg

img_6564.jpg

img_6565.jpg

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Another photo showing the unusual setting:

_25768.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Zizzy, what a gorgeous ring! :love: :love: :love: How wonderful to own such a beautiful piece that also has such sentimental meaning! It's wonderful :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful and very special :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results