shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Ring Question

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I were shopping yesterday looking at Eternity Rings. I would like a 2.5 ct for a RHR. I tried on three 2.0 ct rings and a 5.0 ct :love: All three 2.0's felt different. The shared prong that set up higher hurt my fingers. ( :boohoo: ). There was one I tried where the diamonds were set very low it felt almost like the inside was comfort fit and when I asked about the setting he said "butterfly prongs" :confused: I can't find one PS retailer that describes prongs as butterfly, or for that matter a post on PS describing such a thing. Even Yekutiel asked if I took a pictures. (Of course I didn't... The owner was standing over me dropping the price every 1.6 minutes). He went from $4,367 on the tag to $3,300 to $2,900 on the 2.0 and $3,300 for 2.5 ct he would order after the holiday. I1 diamonds :snooty:. I really don't love B&M stores.

What are you wearing? What's comfortable? What's not?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have WF 2.3 ct shared prong, low set. Very comfortable!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1419201122|3805409 said:
I have WF 2.3 ct shared prong, low set. Very comfortable!

Thank you AprilBaby... Could you post the link so I'm sure I'm looking at the right ring please?

RayNay111

Rough_Rock
Hi MayK,

I have a WF 2.85ctw eternity band in the Annette's u-prong setting and find it very comfortable. I also wanted something that was set low but didn't want a channel-set ring. I like it so much I'm thinking of getting a second one to stack on top of this one.

(http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/annettes-u-prong-eternity-diamond-wedding-band-805.htm)

Just as a side note, the CTW will vary based on your ring size and how much space is between each stone. So, I didn't specify a total weight that I wanted but rather that I wanted 15 point stones. Initially I started out looking at larger stones for the band, but found that the 15 point stones were the largest I could wear comfortably on a daily basis. (I was hoping to wear this daily as a stand along ring, so wanted to make a bigger statement, but realized I'd either have to forgo the idea of wearing it daily or would have to have smaller stones.)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! This helps tremendously!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the same ring I have. Mine is 23x .10

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you AprilBaby!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds more promising than the local guy. Dropping the price like that was interesting! Quick sale I guess!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's a very common tactic on 47th, and one that's always raised my eyebrows. Friendly haggling is one thing, but when the seller is machine-gunning offers one has to wonder: it's not like one's developed a deep rapport in the 10 minutes of standing at the counter! And the alternative interpretation, that the seller is just desperate to make a quick sale ... it somehow doesn't breed confidence. Still, I suppose it must work, or they wouldn't do it!

MayK, I've tried a variety of eternities over the years: for me channel set has proven to be the most wearable on a daily basis, but I also go for square stones a lot of the time. Alternately, bezels are great on rounds: no wear-and-tear on the adj ascent fingers, extra protection for the stones, and a little visual boost in size to boot. What's not to love .... :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have a 15pt WF shared prong eternity band which I thought was the perfect size in terms of comfort and bling factor.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! I'm looking at a couple options :devil: Maybe something new before Valentine's :love:

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mayk,

This is an eternity that was listed as butterfly (NEI pic below). You have me curious about it--the comfort you mentioned.

Hope you find something you love.

ETA: Sorry the pic is so large. Not sure why pics come out so big.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Oops sorry, not sure what happened. The pic of the eternity butterfly setting is on the NEI website.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results