shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua Coloured Rough Tourmaline Crystal - Where to Source

Tate25

Rough_Rock
Hi

I'd like to buy a seafoam/aqua/blue green tourmaline or mint beryl rough crystal approximately 2-2.5 inches in length and about .5 inches wide. Would anyone have any suggestions on a reputable and reasonable dealer that would be able to source one? It doesn't need to be gem like quality. It's to make a pendant.

Thanks

Tate25

Rough_Rock
Thanks heaps Mary!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tate25|1417926762|3796882 said:
Thanks heaps Mary!!

:)) happy to help ... I hope you post the rough you end up with, and the finished pendant !

GoldfishPie

Rough_Rock
Are you planning on having it cut or keeping it rough? It will be a gorgeous pendant!!

Tate25

Rough_Rock
Hi MaryMM and Goldfishpie, I'm going to keep it rough and will definitely post it when its made although this may take a while. I like rough freeform pieces and like the colour to be the feature. This will be a first. I get all sorts of design ideas and like to play around. This is the reason I try to keep the price down so I can move on to the next idea :)

I've found a couple of companies that can source what I'm after but they seem to be forever on road trips (I'm talking months) so its very hard to get hold of them. I'll be patient though as think it will look beautiful when its done. Will follow up on your two suppliers MaryMM, thanks again :)

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
.5 inch wide = around 12-13 mm - quite large for tourmaline - a very good size for a cutter. So difficult to get.

I would try to get one in a mineral show or try Ebay.

Tate25

Rough_Rock
Yes take your point Marlow. I go to the gem festivals when they come around usually twice a year but haven't seen anything like this. Ebay's a good idea but then you never know whether the colour is true or not, I've bought often from Etsy and Ebay and been disappointed with touched up photos when the gems arrived. Will have a look though and thanks for your suggestions!

eos512

Shiny_Rock
Why not try Jeff White of the whitegems and Gene of the Precisiongem?
Here comes my most recent aquisition from Jeff White. Beautiful but very costly

blue_pink_bicolor_hand.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Not exactly what you want but Gemline ( www.litnon.com ) offers two longer facetted tourmaline for 200$ each - don't want to post the link - tourmaline site.

Maybe they are interesting - price is def. very good for this size.

Tate25

Rough_Rock
eos512|1418038700|3797587 said:
Why not try Jeff White of the whitegems and Gene of the Precisiongem?
Here comes my most recent aquisition from Jeff White. Beautiful but very costly

Lovely tourmaline eos512! Nice size too. Sorry I haven't checked in on Pricescope for a few days. I need to find out how to be emailed when there are new posts. I'll have a look at Precisiongem and Jeff White so thanks so much for the suggestions :)

Tate25

Rough_Rock
Marlow|1418101589|3798074 said:
Not exactly what you want but Gemline ( www.litnon.com ) offers two longer facetted tourmaline for 200$ each - don't want to post the link - tourmaline site.

Maybe they are interesting - price is def. very good for this size.

Thanks so much Marlow! Have just been pondering about them as I was after rough tourmaline, I've got this pendant design in my head but damn they are nice and a great colour too! Hmmmm :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results