shape
carat
color
clarity

The bravest little girl in the world

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Today, my daughter described in court how she heard her father gloat about having bribed a judge to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars - in the presence of the judge in question, in his courtroom, to his face, in a family court proceeding. Sad thing is that he didn't seem to be taken aback. That's his loss, and karma is one nasty beeyatch. So is jail. So is the video of the hearing,

My girl spoke truth to power, filthy corrupt power, and I can't be prouder of her.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you and your children. I'm sorry you have all had to go through this :nono: I hope that it is all resolved soon until then lots of positive thoughts and dust!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did the judge have to say!! :liar:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry you are still going through this. I hope it is over soon so that you and your kids can get on with having a happy life away from all this drama.

Big hugs to you and your sweet daughter. That can't have been easy for her.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry your daughter was put in that position - but what a brave and self-posessed girl to be able rise to the occasion. I hope everything is resolved soon so that you and your children can move on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Good for her. Strength of character. Kudos. You did a great job and raised her right, in spite of the influence of her father. Good job to you too Mom.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1417675572|3795003 said:
What did the judge have to say!! :liar:

admit to being curious as well.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You raised a great child. I hope this gets resolved soon and may peace reign in your family again.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened after that ?!?

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Thank for so much for your kindness. I'll tell my daughter that she has a fan club on PS. Maybe then she won't roll her tween eyes at me and sigh whenever she catches me oohing and ahhing at rings here. You'd think she was at a turkey pardoning.

As for the judge's reaction, that was most astonishing. A judge who actually has integrity and who respects the office that the community has entrusted him with would be appalled. However, as my daughter described it (it was a closed-door hearing, no parents), she dropped the bomb and this creep harrumphed contemptuously as if to say, "Oh well, the cat's out the bag...."

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
part gypsy|1417705063|3795113 said:
What happened after that ?!?

The DA who was appointed guardian ad litem tried to cut the hearing short since he's probably on the take too. However, it was being filmed, so no shenanigans. The CPS psychologist was stunned.

Once the transcript of the hearing was issued, the ex's insane lawyer lost it. She was clucking frantically at my attorneys, like a hen who just saw the Perdue truck pull up outside the barn. Meanwhile, the psycho just sat there, impassively. No reaction. He called my daughter over in a somewhat menacing tone but she clutched my hand and refused.

The next few days are going to be interesting.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, lioness, this is scary stuff.
i'm glad your daughter stuck with you....it is obvious if he used a somewhat menacing tone in that situation he'd certainly not be trusted with her alone.
good luck and keep us posted, please!

oh, and lioness' daughter: you, my dear tween, can roll your eyes any time you want! why? because you have shown an understanding of speaking truth to power!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lioness, I feel so badly that your daughter was put in this position. I hope she has or is currently in counseling. As women, so much of our adult relationships with men are based on our relationship with our father. If a father is loving, nurturing and shows his daughter how loved she is, she in turn will expect to be respected and loved by the future men in her life. She will know this is what she deserves.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
She was very brave. I'm sorry she had to be. You have done a great job raising her. I hope this is over for you both soon.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Calliecake|1417734165|3795338 said:
Lioness, I feel so badly that your daughter was put in this position. I hope she has or is currently in counseling. As women, so much of our adult relationships with men are based on our relationship with our father. If a father is loving, nurturing and shows his daughter how loved she is, she in turn will expect to be respected and loved by the future men in her life. She will know this is what she deserves.

That is exactly why I left. The lessons she was learning from her father were that women, especially one's wife, are to be controlled, marginalized, abused, disregarded and ridiculed, all in the name of religion. If I didn't teach her to say no by example, she would grow up and replicate the same patterns of violence in her future relationships.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1417709471|3795154 said:
oh, and lioness' daughter: you, my dear tween, can roll your eyes any time you want! why? because you have shown an understanding of speaking truth to power!

Can I still say to her, "Keep that up and your eyes are gonna get stuck like that." :naughty:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lioness|1417741395|3795381 said:

That is exactly why I left. The lessons she was learning from her father were that women, especially one's wife, are to be controlled, marginalized, abused, disregarded and ridiculed, all in the name of religion. If I didn't teach her to say no by example, she would grow up and replicate the same patterns of violence in her future relationships.

You are a very smart woman Lioness. For some reason many woman don't understand this and can't understand why their daughters end up in similar situations. She will grow up having a lot of respect for you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lioness|1417741478|3795382 said:

Can I still say to her, "Keep that up and your eyes are gonna get stuck like that." :naughty:

yes, you may: you are a LIONESS and she is your Lioness Cub.....you have taught her well and like any cub she is testing her limits and her power! she is fortunate to have you as her mother!

I just cannot imagine you with a man such as you've described, lioness.......and hopefully your daughter never will be again.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Calliecake|1417743984|3795403 said:
lioness|1417741395|3795381 said:

You are a very smart woman Lioness. For some reason many woman don't understand this and can't understand why their daughters end up in similar situations. She will grow up having a lot of respect for you!

I don't know if it's smarts. At some point in this abusive relationship, sheer fight or flight (or fight and flight) instincts kicked in. I couldn't expect my daughters to grow up to be strong women on the basis of rhetoric alone. What would they learn from a doormat?

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1417748507|3795449 said:
lioness|1417741478|3795382 said:

yes, you may: you are a LIONESS and she is your Lioness Cub.....you have taught her well and like any cub she is testing her limits and her power! she is fortunate to have you as her mother!

I just cannot imagine you with a man such as you've described, lioness.......and hopefully your daughter never will be again.

She's a good cub, and I'm so proud of her courage and steely resolve to tell the truth I could burst.

Unfortunately, when you're living in a foreign country, away from family, not working, you put up with a lot more sh!t that you would at home, and he knew it. In fact, he was counting on that in order to keep me in tow. I thought I had no way out, until the day I decided I was leaving, at which the universe sent a team of badass and compassionate litigators my way.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stay safe you guys, this guy doesn't seem to have much boundaries...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1417780199|3795637 said:
Just stay safe you guys, this guy doesn't seem to have much boundaries...

yes Yes YES! I wonder if he has any boundaries at all.....

and, lioness, from what you've described re him "counting on it"....well, I think he is a predator: thank god your flight impulse kicked in!

you and your daughter have each other and together you are even stronger!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You remind me of my own mom <3 Hugs to you and your daughter. My mom was in a similar situation and left when I was quite young. I don't resent not having a (terrible) father figure, and I think it has made me a more indepedant and self assured person. I can't imagine what kind of person I'd be if he was still around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results