shape
carat
color
clarity

9k Antique Gold Ring Alexandrite????

VintageValuables

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Ive been on this forum for a while but its my first time actually posting. I am a college student and also working toward my GIA GG degree. I frequently visit flea markets and ebay and come across a lot of cool vintage and antique jewelry! A few months ago i got this little ring online for a killer price (seller though it was costume) and I'm not sure what to think of it. Its a very deep 9k rose gold, stamped on the outside of the shank and is very old. I believe it it could be an Alexandrite due to the distinct color shift from a teal to a magenta color. I also believe the ring is from around the 1860's. Stone is 6mm round. I know how rare Russian Alexandrites are, but could it be one? Being a broke college student i don't have the $$ to send it to AGL for testing and I'm not really far enough in GIA to test it myself. Id love any feedback and opinions you guys have! Thanks so much! (btw pix don't do it justice, much richer colors in person) img_3352.jpg img_2675.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi you would get more feedback if you click the report concern and move this to the coloured stone section. I think it could be because it changes colour, but it would be interesting to see what the others have to say.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results