shape
carat
color
clarity

My new (to me) AVC is here!

morganlover

Rough_Rock
I bought a preloved 1.16 K SI2 August Vintage Cushion from another PS-er. It is gorgeous! I was nervous about the K color but it faces up white in some lights and a delicate ivory in others. It's a perfect color. It's not completely eye clean as I can see a tiny black speckle from about 12 inches away or closer, but I think I'm okay with it. I haven't had much time to experiment with lighting and photography, but I have definitely seen some pretty pastel flashes and fire. Here are some pics:

img_3013_small_0.jpg

img_3017_small.jpg

img_3024_small.jpg

img_3028_small.jpg

With some simulants to compare color (although there is really no comparison!) :love:

img_3046_small_0.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the AVC club. GORGEOUS!! You have excellent taste...I might be a tad bias since I have a AVC too. Really can't beat the chunky sparkle of an AVC and the beautiful faceting. How are you going to set it? In a halo, solitaire, simple, ornate. white gold? I have seen some gorgeous K's in rose gold :naughty:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! A K is an awesome color for an AVC. It's beautiful!! Enjoy!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, how are you going to set it?

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful :love: and it looks huge on you!! Do you mind me asking what size finger you have and what the dimension of the AVC are?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous!! :love: You must be so excited, a beautiful AVC! What are your thoughts about settings?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone. I love this color for AVC's and those facets!!!
I cannot wait to see how you will set it.

morganlover

Rough_Rock
I'm a size 4.25 and the stone is, I believe, 6.06 x 6.39. I'm very pleased with the size but it is currently in a giant tall stone holder so may look slightly smaller when set at a normal height?

I plan to set it with half moon sides in a custom, fluid setting with a plain shank but baskets inspired by these:
image_2585.jpg

image_2587.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
morganlover|1416737131|3788883 said:
I'm a size 4.25 and the stone is, I believe, 6.06 x 6.39. I'm very pleased with the size but it is currently in a giant tall stone holder so may look slightly smaller when set at a normal height?

I plan to set it with half moon sides in a custom, fluid setting with a plain shank but baskets inspired by these:
image_2585.jpg

image_2587.jpg

Gorgeous AVC and I love your setting idea! :love: It's going to be perfect. Looking forward to seeing your final ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone!!! Your setting idea is great.
I can clearly see why you are thrilled with the stone.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous diamond. Love the chunky facets. Can't wait to see it set. You must come back with more photos then.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely lovely. I hope the inclusion doesn't bother you.

I used to have a MQ with a visable inclusion, but the sparkle and presence it had was so nice, it made up for it.

The setting you picked looks lovely! What a fun project and what a lovely ring you will end up with!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love AVC's and yours is beautiful! :love: Can't wait to see your ring!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Your new avc is gorgeous!!!! I have a pre-loved k avc as well. I was also wondered if a k would bother me but I decided t o take a shot. Now I think a k in an avc is a great choice. I can't wait to see your finished ring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty stone - love the luscious K color!!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Where's the top picture setting from? It's lovely

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
I love the faceting of your AVC! And also love love love the setting idea!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I know my opinion isn't really the most popular around here, but I actually like a slightly visible inclusion in my stones. It makes it more unique to me.

Your new stone is gorgeous, and I live your setting ideas! I can't wait to see the final project.

morganlover

Rough_Rock
SapphireLover|1416794492|3789284 said:
Where's the top picture setting from? It's lovely

That's actually just the stone holder. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results