shape
carat
color
clarity

Meeting with Victor C today... and SingleStone... OMG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to seeing your final ring. It is going to be gorgeous.
You had 2 masters to choose from and really couldn't go wrong but I am happy for you that you realized which one suited your personal style best and went with that.

LOL Callie, just saw what you wrote. It's true. I am an old fashioned girl at heart and while I am drawn to many different jewelry settings and stones (as most of us are) I always come back to my vintage favorites.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1415950642|3783278 said:
Oh LLJsmom... You had quite some nerve-wrecking hours in Los Angeles. It's a tough choice to choose between excellence and excellence. What it indeed boils down to is to pick what is really YOU. We all have probably discovered that you can truly admire a piece when you see a picture of it or when you see it on somebody else's hand. The question whether it fits your style and lifestyle is such a different ballgame.

From what I have seen here you have a classic/modern taste and you love a good dose of bling, but you do not seem to be the halo type.
The design you choose is what I had envisioned you would pick: I only thought you would have chosen the cathedral variety, like the Evelyn with bright cut pave with single cut diamonds :lol:

Single Stone seems to be a magical place and their pieces are so beautiful. But the pieces have a very clear vintage vibe and you do not seem to gear towards that direction.

Now you can sit back and relax. You will be so amazed when you receive your completed ring!!
I indeed had to think about twosanguinehearts journey. Her rings were among the most coveted rings here on PS but it obviously wasn't HER. She seemed so thrilled when she finally got her VC. I am glad your are taking the shortcut as it would have cost you a lot of money otherwise.

Happy waiting and keep us updated :wavey:

Thanks Acinom! I wish I could see as clearly as you and Yssie and MGR and m-2-b can. But it's hard for me when I am in the details of it all and am tempted by everything!! But maybe after these purchases I can learn to admire what is beautiful and know that it would not be long term for me. I am amazed that you were able to choose from Victor's pieces without seeing them IRL. You must such confidence and self-awareness. I think that is what it takes to make these decisions without seeing everything IRL. Thanks for the encouragement and support. I can't wait to show you the completed piece.

And btw, you do know my style well. I did have a cathedral setting for 15 years.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I know Miss Got Rocks in real life and believe me when I tell you that she is the fountain of wisdom in all things- jewelry and life. I've told her before I wish I could hire her as my life mentor.

Anyway, congratulations on making a decision! Can't wait to see- what kind of timeline did he give you?

When I took my halo for its appraisal at Martin Fuller's, Martin gave a sigh of happiness and said that VC's prongs were how prongs should be made. And when I was in Kay's the other day (long story why I was there), the sales assistant couldn't stop talking about my halo and how the prongs were so amazing. She even asked if she could take my ring to show her manager. VC's prongs are incredible and yours will be too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1415974932|3783377 said:
I know Miss Got Rocks in real life and believe me when I tell you that she is the fountain of wisdom in all things- jewelry and life. I've told her before I wish I could hire her as my life mentor.

Anyway, congratulations on making a decision! Can't wait to see- what kind of timeline did he give you?

When I took my halo for its appraisal at Martin Fuller's, Martin gave a sigh of happiness and said that VC's prongs were how prongs should be made. And when I was in Kay's the other day (long story why I was there), the sales assistant couldn't stop talking about my halo and how the prongs were so amazing. She even asked if she could take my ring to show her manager. VC's prongs are incredible and yours will be too.

Hi Logan, lucky you to know MGR IRL. I wish I did. But I would probably be bugging her about every decision I would make, jewelry and otherwise! :lol:

Victor said 3-4 weeks but I told him not to rush. I know he's got a ton on his plate and I'm not some poor guy with a proposal timeline to meet. I would love to have it for Christmas so we will see.

Logan I can see why you love your halo. If I wanted one he would be the one. I saw several IRL and they were so beautifully executed. Nothing awkward or extraneous.

Yes, I do have the utmost confidence I him. He is a humble hardworking man who is dedicated to his craft and has the highest expectations of excellence. I am so impressed by him. I feel more than fortunate to have met him and to have a piece made by him.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1415975596|3783380 said:
Logan Sapphire|1415974932|3783377 said:

Hi Logan, lucky you to know MGR IRL. I wish I did. But I would probably be bugging her about every decision I would make, jewelry and otherwise! :lol:

Victor said 3-4 weeks but I told him not to rush. I know he's got a ton on his plate and I'm not some poor guy with a proposal timeline to meet. I would love to have it for Christmas so we will see.

Logan I can see why you love your halo. If I wanted one he would be the one. I saw several IRL and they were so beautifully executed. Nothing awkward or extraneous.

Yes, I do have the utmost confidence I him. He is a humble hardworking man who is dedicated to his craft and has the highest expectations of excellence. I am so impressed by him. I feel more than fortunate to have met him and to have a piece made by him.
That's how I always am. When I was buying my current stone, 5 years ago around now, and literally right now they were setting and sizing my old setting (prevatche!) I was telling Jon that I don't want to screw up someone's proposal, as much as I wanted that damn thing on my hand, I would have been so upset if someone's proposal was ruined because I got ahead of them in line. We went to visit the store right before Valentine's Day to see other stones, just because I was still in that "am I really sure" stage on this stone (that trip solidified it, and made me want a damn Octavia more than ever before), and I was feeling the same thing--if I change anything, will I ruin someone's proposal?! And then with my Vatche...same thing. I was in this same window, trying to get all this done well before Thanksgiving/Holidays started and hoping I didn't screw up proposals. Little did I know how long that nightmare would drag on.

I cannot wait til Logan comes through my town again so I can see that bad boy in person.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, believe me when I tell you I have totally been there. Made some expensive choices in the past. Also, sometimes it's much easier to see things clearly when you are not involved yourself. Thanks to PS I am making my choices in a different way now. It helps to read PSers comments and learn.

I actually studied the frenchie thread by Yssie and just knew this was going to be the one. The Sophia still feels like new every single day. Still, nothing beats your own eyes when it comes to jewelry. I am so glad you have been able to visit Victor!!! Hopefully I can see his 'shop one fine day too'

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I had to laugh when you said that you were patiently waiting for your new ring. I can quarantee the rest of us here are not all that patient. I can't wait to see this ring on your finger! Please promise us lots of pictures!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1416017058|3783855 said:
LLJsmom, I had to laugh when you said that you were patiently waiting for your new ring. I can quarantee the rest of us here are not all that patient. I can't wait to see this ring on your finger! Please promise us lots of pictures!!!

Callie, just give me a couple of days and I will be whining like a baby. In the meantime I am really enjoying my carre cut band. I has been sitting in my drawer and I have forgotten how beautiful the light reflects off these stones, like constantly opening and closing mirrors. :). I almost considered selling it. Well maybe not for a while. ;-)

_24194.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1416024852|3783907 said:
Calliecake|1416017058|3783855 said:

Callie, just give me a couple of days and I will be whining like a baby. In the meantime I am really enjoying my carre cut band. I has been sitting in my drawer and I have forgotten how beautiful the light reflects off these stones, like constantly opening and closing mirrors. :). I almost considered selling it. Well maybe not for a while. ;-)

Don't sell it!!! It's beautiful. If you ever have that thought again, just put it back in the drawer.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made the right choice, both settings are beautiful but I think you would miss the bling with the SS one :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1416028592|3783942 said:
I think you made the right choice, both settings are beautiful but I think you would miss the bling with the SS one :D

I definitely think you are right. :). This getting to know yourself stuff takes along time. I am amazed you created such an amazing setting for lola with Victor without seeing him.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any updates yet LLJsmom? And has it been a smooth process until sofar?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1418071021|3797824 said:
Any updates yet LLJsmom? And has it been a smooth process until sofar?

Acinom, I'm waiting, kinda impatiently but trying to be good and not buy anything to supress the need for bling. The ring should get here in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, go here for a special link... Let me know what you think.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/now-i-really-did-it-t203471-1590.html

I'm not putting anything on SMTB until I have the ring in my hands. But I had to share with some fellow bling lovers...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh LLJsmom!!! Your ring is so pretty! You and Victor nailed it. Great design choices. I had to admire it a few times. I love the details and I think the ring will look gorgeous on you. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when you open it.

What was your first reaction when you saw it on video?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Acinom. :D I was very happy with it. The basket details are exactly as I requested. I was worried the double prongs would not turn out the way I wanted. I think it will be ok. I can see that the ring is beautifully made. I'm excited to see how the single cut melee will look as I stare at it on my hand everyday. That was one of the things I was so surprised about when I saw the version in his office, which was a Jocelyn with a Canera cushion and single cut melee. I could see the outline of all the melee stones so clearly. But, with full cut melee, I could not see the outline as sharply. That made me go with single cuts. I think it doesn't all tie together, a MRB with single cut melee and millgrain. But as long as it's beautiful to my eyes, I will be happy with it. I never thought I would go with as many details but I kept going back to this design IRL.

I do really love the basket, and how tapered it is against the stone. Since I look at the side of my ring all the time, I will always have a beautiful view. I love the curved swoop of the prongs and straight edges of the bead set pave. I am hoping when I look at it, everything will flow together. Victor did say that my stone looks like a completely different stone, from the one I gave him. I'm super happy with that. I really felt that my previous settings did not show my stone off to it's full advantage, and I have been trying to find the right setting that would do so. I sure hope this is it.

Victor was really easy to work with. It's just this payment process that has taken longer. He finished the ring last week, but it's taken almost 5 days for him to receive the check, and now it has to clear before he will send me the ring. I understand, but I'm just being impatient.

I look at the video everyday, and keep trying to notice more details than before. At least it's keeping me from going nuts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LLJSM:

I spied your video and TOTAL YUM! :love:

Awesome ring girl! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so elegant--love it! :appl: BTW, I had a MRB in a VC halo w/ single cuts and it all turned out fabulously so you should have no worries!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1418081682|3797928 said:
HI:

LLJSM:

I spied your video and TOTAL YUM! :love:

Awesome ring girl! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon. Xoxo. :dance:

m-2-b said:
Your ring is so elegant--love it! :appl: BTW, I had a MRB in a VC halo w/ single cuts and it all turned out fabulously so you should have no worries!

Thank you m-2-b. Xoxo. :wavey:

This is me and hoping that the check clears before I lose my mind. :pray:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous LLJsmom! Can't wait for you to get it too! Dust for the check clearing asap!!! The basket is to die for!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom :wavey:
You seem a bit hesitant which is absolutely normal. I am sure you will be thrilled once you have this ring on your finger.
The single cut melee seems to work great together with your MRB, looking at the video :love: . I have single cuts in my sugar dipped ring with the blue zircon and I love it!!! The single cuts have a lot of personality.

I love that your ring is a classic for everyday wear with the right dosis of sophisticated bling. You will truly enjoy the eyecandy of the scalloped detail. Oh my!! This ring is fabulous.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks gorgeous! I spied it in the other thread but kept quiet until you were ready to reveal!

Here's hoping it is on your hand by the end of this week - can't wait to see handshots!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Oh I think your new setting is beautiful! I love how you were able to go and see IRL the work of SS and VC . I guess at some point you have to decide what you think will make your heart sing for a long time. I hope that this setting does it for you!!! I need to take the same journey in the near future. My stone has been sitting in my temporary setting for over 1.5 years. I still can't decide what I want. You have given me encouragement to just go and see for myself what I like on my hand in person. I hope you will love what you have chosen and I know the workmanship will be amazing!! Can't wait to see it on your hand with loads of pictures please!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I totally and completely missed this whole thread until today! The ring is GORGEOUS!!! :love: I MUCH prefer it for a MRB and really prefer old cut stones in SS rings. In other words, I think you definitely made the best choice for your stone and considering the rest of your jewelry! I can't wait for you to get it! And... I love Victor. He is wonderful! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1418092255|3798002 said:
It's gorgeous LLJsmom! Can't wait for you to get it too! Dust for the check clearing asap!!! The basket is to die for!!!

Thanks luv2sparkle. :) I know. I have to admit I love the basket. I love the details. I think it has to do with my failing eyesight too. I need more defined lines to be able to see the details more clearly.

Acinom said:
Hi LLJsmom :wavey:
You seem a bit hesitant which is absolutely normal. I am sure you will be thrilled once you have this ring on your finger.
The single cut melee seems to work great together with your MRB, looking at the video :love: . I have single cuts in my sugar dipped ring with the blue zircon and I love it!!! The single cuts have a lot of personality.

I love that your ring is a classic for everyday wear with the right dosis of sophisticated bling. You will truly enjoy the eyecandy of the scalloped detail. Oh my!! This ring is fabulous.

Hi Acinom, I do wanna say I love every little bit about my ring. Then part of me is scared. What if I don't actually when I see it IRL? I will stay positive and hopeful. :) I randomly started reading up about single cuts, and a lot of people have chosen them with more old cuts. Mine is an MRB. But m-2-b had single cuts with her MRB in a halo and she liked it. I hope it will be ok.

MissGotRocks said:
The ring looks gorgeous! I spied it in the other thread but kept quiet until you were ready to reveal!

Here's hoping it is on your hand by the end of this week - can't wait to see handshots!

Hi MGR, thank you! Are you proud of me? I think I was able to be true to myself with this design. Victor will be sending it out on MOnday... I'm practicing patience... :roll:

bbziggy said:
Oh I think your new setting is beautiful! I love how you were able to go and see IRL the work of SS and VC . I guess at some point you have to decide what you think will make your heart sing for a long time. I hope that this setting does it for you!!! I need to take the same journey in the near future. My stone has been sitting in my temporary setting for over 1.5 years. I still can't decide what I want. You have given me encouragement to just go and see for myself what I like on my hand in person. I hope you will love what you have chosen and I know the workmanship will be amazing!! Can't wait to see it on your hand with loads of pictures please!!

Hi bbziggy, thank you for your lovely comments. I can't wait to see it on my hand too. :twirl: Yeah, if you're undecided, and you have the time and the means, I would go there and look IRL. I think you will be surprised at what you eye keeps getting drawn to. I will finally bust out the SLR and try my best to take some decent pictures. I need a vacation day... :lol:

diamondseeker2006 said:
Well, I totally and completely missed this whole thread until today! The ring is GORGEOUS!!! :love: I MUCH prefer it for a MRB and really prefer old cut stones in SS rings. In other words, I think you definitely made the best choice for your stone and considering the rest of your jewelry! I can't wait for you to get it! And... I love Victor. He is wonderful! :appl:

DS, thank you. I have to say. Your comments always make me ponder. Why is that???? ;-) Since that day at SS, I have been haunted by the amazing 3 carat OEC in that plain shank setting. Pricier than Victor's (at least the initial design I chose) and not a diamond chip to be found anywhere on that setting. I still dream about that ring. I know it's nothing like mine, and I would never give up mine for this one. But I think I might have a long term goal now. However, I think it is the old cuts that look THAT great in the SS settings. I think that was one of my biggest reservations about getting that setting. What if an MRB looks completely different in the same setting? I think that is what you are saying. In the end, I am very glad I went with Victor. I asked for everything I wanted, and if I don't love it, it's nobody's fault except my own.

_24885.jpg _24091.jpg

Here it is on his website. :dance:

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-jocelyn-with-scalloped-basket

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It's a beautifully amazing ring and I can't wait to see it on your hand. IIRC, his shipping is overnight so it should be on your hand by Tuesday!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Congrats LLJ!!!!!!!! I completely understand the sheer horror of trying to make a decisions when you are pulled in different directions with what you love. I have reset my 2 ering diamonds....welll :-o several times and I'm debating another reset now actually. However if sounded like you seeing everything in person really solidified what you want- I should have done that!

I can't wait to see how your ring turns out! Keep posting lots of pictures!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The suspense it killing me!!! I keep checking SMTB for the debut! :naughty:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted on this thread and helped me out and talked me down and helped me keep the crazies away through the whole experience. That gorgeous ring, is a tribute to you all. There is no way I would have had the courage to even go for it, without you guys all propping me up. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. (((HUG)))

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speechless, what a ring!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results