shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope sell your diamond

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Has anyone had a positive or negative experience with the Pricescope ‘sell your diamond’ utility? It’s been up for 6 months or so and I’ve sent several clients in that direction but I don’t know anyone who has actually made a sale through it. It doesn't seem to get much comment either good or bad in the forum. Is this a useful service or are people finding better offers elsewhere?

https://www.pricescope.com/sell-your-diamond

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect that regulars here know that selling ideal cut diamonds will yield more money by consigning. I have seen many diamonds and diamond rings sold by JBEG/Grace and Good Old Gold. I sold one though consignment making a profit (because diamond was bought pre-2011) and one on pre-loved here with about an 11% loss because I had not had it long. Still, I think I did very well overall and better than the offers I would have gotten from vendors.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried using it in January 2013 but the offer was very low and I got more money trading it in with Adam at OWD.

SCARLETTE

Shiny_Rock
I also found it much more profitable when I consign as opposed to trying to sell it myself on the preloved forum. The vendors offered me very close to what I purchased the diamond for (a few hundred dollars less even after their commission) and more than I would have gotten from a private sale. In addition, the stress of a high value sale, often to people I don't really know, and the possibility of fraud all prevent me from going the private route for just a few hundred dollars difference.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
I used it and got a single offer that was significantly lower offer than the vendor's own buyback. I tried reasoning but the person I was speaking with both didn't know/care to acknowledge variable factors in pricing and didn't have the authority to give a better offer. I didn't think I'd have to deal w/ that crap using the PS endorsed tool. Really disappointing and wouldn't recommend anyone using it.

I did significantly better on PS Preloved and loupe troop.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

(Shockingly) low offers. Sold locally, much easier without the fright. Phooey global market. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results