shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom mahenge and French cut ring

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
I've been busy putting together this custom 5 stone ring. I purchased the AGL mahenge spinel from Dana at Mastercut back in the summer. I then bought the French cuts from another PS'er on LT. Finally I sent some ideas to David Klass who created my custom mounting. I couldn't be more thrilled with the end result! A marquise is not my favorite cut, but the size, clarity and COLOR of this stone is delicious. It's hard to photo and I don't think any of these capture the true glow. When I opened the lighted box, I heard angels sing!

The mahenge weighs 3.61 ct and the French cuts have a combined weight of .72 ct. The mount is 14 kt white gold with a rose gold basket.

Enjoy the pics!

_23054.jpg

_23056.jpg

_23057.jpg

_23055.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out beautiful. It's nice to see a marquise once in a while, they have amazing face up for their carat weight.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is SEXY! :appl: :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a super ring! Great color in your spinel & love the whole design.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wohoo! Glad you are open to other shapes, and it looks great on you. :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really fabulous. Congrats!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
TL, I agree that they face up larger than stated carat weight. It's kind of nice considering I'm an asscher fan which is just the opposite.

Elliot86- sexy is a great description!

JewelFreak and Derygal, Thank you for your kind comments. This is why I work -to afford my obsessions!

Chrono, Thank you. The color is great so I figure the shape will grow on me :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although Marquise is not my favorite cut either, I LOVE it in your ring so I think it may be a color stone exception. Seriously. I am no expert, but I wonder is if a marquise cut reduces the window effect that you see with other cuts. I LOVE your ring with the 5 stone setting. So cool, modern yet traditional. I have made it no secret that I am not a fan of halos. But your cut and setting really work. :appl: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great job. It's so nice to hear of a custom project going well!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Lambskin, Thanks so much. I'm still not going to search out a marquise either, but this one works for me and the French cuts are fabulous!

Pregcurious, It was a pleasure working with David. He answered all my questions and held my hand through the process because my other custom jobs never required me to send my stones across the country. I was quoted 35 days and even including mailing time, I actually had my beautiful completed ring back in half that time. I'm thankful it all went well too after reading some of the recent posts.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! What a beautiful marquise!! It makes such a strong combination with the frenchies. You have a stunning ring.

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Acinom, for your kind compliments.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great on your finger!
congrats!

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've never been a fan of Marquise cut's either..........but this ring is quite the lobbyist to change my mind! Very, very beautiful ring......Well Done! :appl: :love: :appl:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I think marquise look so flattering on the hand, fantastic choice :love:

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
I'm not usually a fan of marquise cuts either but that is just gorgeous. Love the colour and the french cuts. beautiful :)

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Blingyjules and Digdeep, I couldn't agree with either of you more. Thanks!

Fancygems and movie zombie, Thanks for you kind comments. It makes me feel good to have so many of the familiar names providing compliments. I merely lurked for over a year before I decided to post a few of my recent projects. :appl:

Acinom, I was out of town for a few days, but will try and post some pics under the French cut link too as soon as I get back to "normal" life. I have to admit I want more of them. I've always been a fan of mine cuts, but frenchies are my new favorite old cut!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results