shape
carat
color
clarity

worst kinds of candy?

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
Smarties--they have the consistency of chalk!

I hate that some teachers hand them out to students too... cause they're "smarties" :roll:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really not all that keen on American candy. :( Not even Godiva. It just tastes... Artificial and yuck.

arkieb1 said:
We have candy called "Minties" here and they are well known for ripping out fillings in teeth.

Other than that all candy is good candy - and no I don't have a sweet tooth I swear.

When I went to Australia a few years ago I lived on Chocolate Freddos and Violet Crumbles. Just could not have enough of them!

Cozystitches|1413169635|3766268 said:
Fun thread!!!

Worst: Peeps ugh I LOATHE those! I'm also not a fan of licorice anything and the nasty chocolates (cheap ones found in grocery stores). There are others, but I actually like most candies. :)

Absolute Favorite: Cadbury Mini Eggs, Cadbury Milk Chocolate, and Crunchies (which aren't available here in the US) they are Honeycomb with (guess what? :dance: ) Cadbury Chocolate :dance: :love: I love that stuff! I tell my co-workers my payment for helping them is cadbury chocolate either the Dairy Milk Bars or the mini eggs. The Mini eggs are available around Easter, but they also have similar items around Christmas time. I'm too cheap to buy them full price, so I patiently wait until after the holiday and buy as much as I can justify afterwards. :D

I like jolly ranchers, and Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (but only when coerced), love the sour candies.

I also love seeing how different people like different candies.

My first job was in a candy store where we made chocolates (so much fun), and I was able to try a lot of different candies. Was a great job and way better candy than the crap candy stores they have in the mall now...we roasted nuts, made chocolate, wrapped gifts, was so much fun!!!

I love sour jelly beans but have allergies so can't have any at the moment (Waaaaaaaaaah!!! :( ) I consoled myself with a fresh lemon off our tree yesterday and it was deeeeeeelicious!

I L :love: VE Cadbury! I tell my colleagues and students the same thing! "Don't thank me, pay me. Cadbury please"

I actually think I'm going to pop out and get myself a Crunchie right now... Excuse me, pregnant lady coming through...

April20

Ideal_Rock
I hate Turkish Delight. I don't find it delightful at all. I kept trying it when we traveled thru Turkey thinking there had to be some variety that didn't taste disgusting to me. Nope. It's all gross.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
As a kid, the worst was those candies wrapped in orange & black wrappers that you'd get at Halloween. Im not even sure what they were called (or even if they had a name :lol: ), but for some reason I think that they were sort of peanut butter flavored?
It's funny to read all of the responses. Not that it's candy, but at the top of my "worst" list would be gum (of any brand or flavor) :sick:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate anything fake fruit flavored (skittles, sunburst, etc.) or peanut butter flavored (but real peanut butter like Reeses cups are OK!).

Pretty much anything outside of that, as long as it's covered in chocolate is GOOD!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1413216001|3766458 said:
As a kid, the worst was those candies wrapped in orange & black wrappers that you'd get at Halloween. Im not even sure what they were called (or even if they had a name :lol: ), but for some reason I think that they were sort of peanut butter flavored?
It's funny to read all of the responses. Not that it's candy, but at the top of my "worst" list would be gum (of any brand or flavor) :sick:
Haha peanut butter kisses? Yes those are so gross!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Candy corn, anything with dark chocolate, anything with coconut (love the taste, but it's like eating pieces of plastic), twizzlers. I love licorise, but twizzlers are gross.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1413217200|3766464 said:

No, not PB Kisses. I found them: http://www.candywarehouse.com/products/mary-jane-peanut-butter-kisses-candy-16-ounce-bag/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CIeMiv-XqsECFVNk7AodAUsA0w
Should have known they were made by Necco…..

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1413222524|3766489 said:

No, not PB Kisses. I found them: http://www.candywarehouse.com/products/mary-jane-peanut-butter-kisses-candy-16-ounce-bag/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CIeMiv-XqsECFVNk7AodAUsA0w

Yes, pb kisses. That's the name of them, its on the bag in the link you posted.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you're right - I didn't even see the name :lol: When you said PB Kisses, I thought you were referring to Hershey's kisses.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1413226732|3766528 said:
momhappy|1413222524|3766489 said:

Yes, pb kisses. That's the name of them, its on the bag in the link you posted.

After years of eating those last - desperate to feed a sugar craving created by all the other halloween candy - I actually got to where I liked those! :lol:

Notice how they're made by the same people who make Necco wafers? That explains it all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LAJennifer|1413156533|3766219 said:
There is no such thing as bad candy.

Umm, this is pretty much how I feel on the candy topic hahaha. But if push comes to shove and I had to vote a candy off the candy island I would choose chocolate with peppermint but only if I had to pick. Because I can easily eat those if they were the only candy around. What can I say. I have a sweet tooth. :cheeky:

Never heard of some of the candy mentioned here like Necco wafers. My dh says they are revolting LOL.

Favorite candy-anything with peanut butter and chocolate. OMG. :lockout:

ETA: Hmm, I never heard of these pb kisses you guys are writing about. I am intrigued. How could they be bad? Peanut butter and chocolate. :bigsmile:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^They are not PB & chocolate - they are just some chewy, grainy, fake PB flavor (at least that's the best I can remember them).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1413229992|3766554 said:
^They are not PB & chocolate - they are just some chewy, grainy, fake PB flavor (at least that's the best I can remember them).

Oh, that sounds gross. I hate fake peanut butter and I know just the grainy taste you are talking about. :knockout:

I stand corrected. There is bad candy. But fortunately there is so much good candy that I can forget about the bad. :halo:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The majority of candy (and all the foods that most of us eat) has artificial flavor.

The only thing more amazing than what chemists have come up with is how accepting (and unaware) we are of artificial food ingredients.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very true Kenny. And personally, while I have a sweet tooth, I avoid candy these days as it is poison. But once in a while I indulge. Especially around the holidays. If you could taste my dh's apple pie you would indulge too (probably). :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zotz, Razzles, Maple Bun Bars, and rock candy. I am in the haters' camp of Circus Peanuts, Peeps, Neco Wafers, Turkish Delight, Bottle Caps and Smarties. Hate chocolate covered marshmallows and Nerds. Valentine Sweethearts are also awful. I despise anything watermelon, cola, maple and green apple flavored and for the most part (except sour cherry balls) anything cherry flavored as it tastes like cough syrup. But I will confess, if you get super fresh Bit o Honey, MaryJanes and even those Halloween PJ Butter kisses- if they are super fresh they are really yummy. Love this thread.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was born in the Netherlands so I have black licorice in my blood. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if I acquired my taste for black licorice in utrero! I love it all, even the salted, double-salted, and salmiak types. That said, I'm not surprised at the number of people with black licorice on their "hate" list - it's definitely an acquired taste. That said, most American black licorice is definitely on my "pass" list. If that was all I knew of black licorice it would be on my "hate" list too.

I forgot to mention anything root beer flavored. Yuck!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like chocolate, there, I said it. Any kind, the expensive stuff or the cheap stuff, wherever it comes from. I know I just got my woman card revoked...oh, well.

I LOVE Good 'n Plenty. In fact, my husband just brought me the freshest box of it I've ever had in my entire life. It was almost TOO fresh! So soft, not even chewy! Weird! I think so many people hate it that stores keep it around forever and I've only ever had it when it's stale and super chewy. I love licorice, though...sorry, not sorry!

Smarties are another favorite. Skittles, yup, I'll eat those, too. Circus peanuts--yes, back when I was a kid but not so much now. Maybe one or two every few years just to get that "mouth feel" and memory.

Laffy Taffy is another favorite! I LOVE the banana flavored ones!

Worst candy on my list is anything milk or dark chocolate, Boston Beans? (do they even still make those?), and I guess that's it. I really don't get into candy ever, but if it's in the house or given to me, then hey...I'll eventually get around to eating it so it doesn't "go to waste" I'm practical like that. :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Anything made by Hersheys. Their accountants have ruined all of their candy over the years, now it's all just gross, waxy and flavorless.

It is NOT WORTH THE CALORIES to eat crappy candy. Spring for the good stuff, or skip it, I say.

These are $5 per bar, and worth it. :cheeky:

dark-chocolate-hazelnut-grandeur-bar_main_450x_437094.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1413381126|3767355 said:
Anything made by Hersheys. Their accountants have ruined all of their candy over the years, now it's all just gross, waxy and flavorless.

It is NOT WORTH THE CALORIES to eat crappy candy. Spring for the good stuff, or skip it, I say.

These are $5 per bar, and worth it. :cheeky:
Lindt chili chocolate :drool: looove. So does my 2 year old.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love pretty much all candy, but if we're being particular, I don't really like rockets i used to get as a kid (I think americans call them smarties?). They are just chalky and weird to me. http://idsgn.org/images/parallels-fizzers-rockets-smarties/smarties_fizzers_rockets2__full.jpg

I also dont really like licorice. Or anything with raisins in it - c'mon candy doesnt need fruit!

My favourites though, anything chocolatey or sour. Like, super sour. I adore sour :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1413398290|3767481 said:
Or anything with raisins in it - c'mon candy doesnt need fruit!

Yes, but... this is heaven in a thin foil wrap...

lindt.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1413399118|3767493 said:
Yes, but... this is heaven in a thin foil wrap...

lindt.jpg
I'd be tempted to try it, but I still don't like fruit with my candy hehe. I think its a texture thing, because dried fruit has a weird texture to me? Nuts/coconut is fine though =\

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally agree!
If I'm going to eat something not-so-healthy it better be worth the cellulite and arterie-clogging heart attack plaque deposits.
So much pleasure-food today is made with cheap shitty ingredients ... especially those beautiful pastries from so-called bakeries. :angryfire:

IMO, this is more true for cheesecake than anything else.
My cheesecake is to DIE for, but I can't find the recipe in my messy house. ;(
One bite of the tip of the first piece, and you collapse into a 45-minute orgasm.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1413407307|3767564 said:

I totally agree!
If I'm going to eat something not-so-healthy it better be worth the cellulite and arterie-clogging heart attack plaque deposits.
So much pleasure-food today is made with cheap shitty ingredients ... especially those beautiful pastries from so-called bakeries. :angryfire:

One bite of the tip of the first piece, and you collapse into a 45-minute orgasm.

If you do ever find it, I would love to have a copy. It sounds delicious.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny said:

I totally agree!

Everybody to Kenny's house! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

We'll help him find the recipe, then we'll help him eat it!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Cozystitches|1413169635|3766268 said:
Fun thread!!!

Worst: Peeps ugh I LOATHE those! I'm also not a fan of licorice anything and the nasty chocolates (cheap ones found in grocery stores). There are others, but I actually like most candies. :)

Absolute Favorite: Cadbury Mini Eggs, Cadbury Milk Chocolate, and Crunchies (which aren't available here in the US) they are Honeycomb with (guess what? :dance: ) Cadbury Chocolate :dance: :love: I love that stuff! I tell my co-workers my payment for helping them is cadbury chocolate either the Dairy Milk Bars or the mini eggs. The Mini eggs are available around Easter, but they also have similar items around Christmas time. I'm too cheap to buy them full price, so I patiently wait until after the holiday and buy as much as I can justify afterwards. :D

I like jolly ranchers, and Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (but only when coerced), love the sour candies.

I also love seeing how different people like different candies.

My first job was in a candy store where we made chocolates (so much fun), and I was able to try a lot of different candies. Was a great job and way better candy than the crap candy stores they have in the mall now...we roasted nuts, made chocolate, wrapped gifts, was so much fun!!!

CADBURY MINI EGGS! My favorite!!! I stock up every Easter, people at stores think I'm nuts!

As for worst, cherry drops from Cracker Barrel (I blame my father), licorice ANYTHING, gumdrops, runts, anything with an exploding or liquid center... Just YUCK! Oh and bubblegum flavor, double yuck!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyIntense|1413153853|3766206 said:
A favorite of mine is Halvah!.

So high in calories, only eat it if you plan to not eat that month.

Oh my gosh! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halvah! The marbled kind. My health food store sells small bars that aren't to hefty in the calorie department. Otherwise, I can't control how much I eat!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1413485927|3768073 said:
kenny said:

I totally agree!

Everybody to Kenny's house! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

We'll help him find the recipe, then we'll help him eat it!

Thank you.
That would be great because I should only eat one slice.
It's always been my favorite thing to bring to a party or pot luck, that or tabouleh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results