shape
carat
color
clarity

Who was president, prime minister when you were born?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queen Juliana.

staatsieportret_van_prinses_juliana.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1412326531|3761212 said:
Lyndon B. Johnson

We should pick a place with a senior discount and plastic chair seats...let's be practical.

Me too. I remember we are near the same age. And girlfriend, we are not yet ready for the senior discount and plastic chair seats. And this is coming from someone who has been in a wheelchair for the past 3 plus months and if I am not ready to throw in the towel just yet neither are you! LOL. I just won't be putting on my dancing shoes anytime soon but I am going to get there and when I do you are invited to be my partner! :cheeky: :wavey:

JewelFreak said:
OK Deb, a chance to get out your good china. ;)) When?

--- Laurie

Count me in ladies. :appl:
I will bring the baked goods. :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not averse to hosting as long as I can do it in Virginia. (There's no room in my father's home in Connecticut.) But has it been established that I am older than Laurie? I suspected it, but was hoping that we were from the same cohort!

Deb ;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1412426380|3761937 said:
I'm not averse to hosting as long as I can do it in Virginia. (There's no room in my father's home in Connecticut.) But has it been established that I am older than Laurie? I suspected it, but was hoping that we were from the same cohort!

Deb ;))

I don't mind hosting actually if we can wait a few months till I am more able. It would be a privilege. :halo:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, that sounds like so much fun. Okay Missy...no plastic chairs! HA. Go on with your Chuck Norris of the ankle injuries. That attitude is awesome.

Deb, I'm in VA :) Live in Shenandoah Valley but have an additional office in Front Royal too.

Laura

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I bring the wine?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1412428650|3761944 said:
Ladies, that sounds like so much fun. Okay Missy...no plastic chairs! HA. Go on with your Chuck Norris of the ankle injuries. That attitude is awesome.

Deb, I'm in VA :) Live in Shenandoah Valley but have an additional office in Front Royal too.

Laura

Greetings, Laura. I am actually a Yankee. When I first went to Virginia it was explained to me that I was a "damned Yankee" since I had actually put down roots there. ;)) What about you?

Deb
:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1412435617|3761969 said:
Can I bring the wine?

Please, and Callie, Greg was also born during the Eisenhower administration. 8)

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
The US president was Franklin Delano Roosevelt and the prime minister of Canada was William Lyon Mackenzie King :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1412444590|3762047 said:
The US president was Franklin Delano Roosevelt and the prime minister of Canada was William Lyon Mackenzie King :wavey:
You got me beat!... :lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1412437088|3761972 said:
moneymeister|1412428650|3761944 said:

Laura

Greetings, Laura. I am actually a Yankee. When I first went to Virginia it was explained to me that I was a "damned Yankee" since I had actually put down roots there. ;)) What about you?

Deb
:wavey:

Hi Deb :)

I moved here from the Detroit area in 1987. It was very rural here, and my saving grace was working with a bunch of old geezers in a hardware store in my early 20's. They had magical, crazy stories to tell and loved to spin a yarn. There was a generation I worked with that knew old time remedies and the culture was so interesting and different. In time, I was pronounced, "okay for a Yankee" and sort of adopted. I was young and far away from my family and alone. I loved it here and had no wish to move back to Detroit. Today I am fine in either "world" and love the unique gifts each experience brings. I figured out a while ago that "Damn Yankee" thing is a test. They say it to see if you'll be offended (not a good sign) or laugh (then you might be a good natured Yankee, which means you're okay).

Laura

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1412393343|3761806 said:
Queen Juliana.

staatsieportret_van_prinses_juliana.jpg

OMG!!! The jewels!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1412452660|3762115 said:
VRBeauty|1412393343|3761806 said:
Queen Juliana.

OMG!!! The jewels!!

Yup, queens* have it all over presidents and prime ministers where jewels are concerned!

* Princesses, too. I suspect Juliana was merely a princess when this picture was taken.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'd LOVE to come to Virginia! For any reason. I'll bring chips & dip. In fact, Laura, I am hoping we end up in the Shenandoah Valley or western VA like Lynchburg, Roanoke, etc., next year. Trying to get this house on the market around April '15. We haven't decided definitely where yet -- it's going to be the last move until we go out feet first. Any area you recommend over others? C'burg is too expensive for geezers so it's out. Somewhere kind of rural.

Deb -- I don't know which of us is older -- probably me. I'm older than everybody; at least I feel like it today! :devil:

--- Laurie

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1412466114|3762222 said:
I'd LOVE to come to Virginia! For any reason. I'll bring chips & dip. In fact, Laura, I am hoping we end up in the Shenandoah Valley or western VA like Lynchburg, Roanoke, etc., next year. Trying to get this house on the market around April '15. We haven't decided definitely where yet -- it's going to be the last move until we go out feet first. Any area you recommend over others? C'burg is too expensive for geezers so it's out. Somewhere kind of rural.

Deb -- I don't know which of us is older -- probably me. I'm older than everybody; at least I feel like it today! :devil:

--- Laurie

Laurie, your Virginia plans sound so exciting! Tell me what type of place and atmosphere you want to find? This state has so many different flavors. I personally LOVE the Shenandoah Valley but I am terribly biased. It is breathtaking. I am near JMU (Harrisonburg).
Roanoke is nice, it offers cosmopolitan flair, but you get to live in the big city experience (traffic!).

Charlottesville is lovely and quirky and beautiful too. It has a trendier flair than Harrisonburg but costs a bit more. To see pictures check out Monticello and UVA.

There are many areas not far from me that have the rural charm and very reasonable pricing. I would be delighted to help you scout in any way. I also have a good real estate agent contact or two.

Let me know :)

PS - this shot is from Page County Virginia on my way to work one morning. I stop often and snap pictures.

20140429_171557.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Next time I am in the US, I am going to crash at PSers' place, instead of all the cheap motels I usually stay in. I was near most of those cities in my last trip :)

I was born during the dictatorship. The first direct presidential elections happened when I was 8.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1412559880|3762725 said:
JewelFreak|1412466114|3762222 said:

--- Laurie

Laurie, your Virginia plans sound so exciting! Tell me what type of place and atmosphere you want to find? This state has so many different flavors. I personally LOVE the Shenandoah Valley but I am terribly biased. It is breathtaking. I am near JMU (Harrisonburg).
Roanoke is nice, it offers cosmopolitan flair, but you get to live in the big city experience (traffic!).

Charlottesville is lovely and quirky and beautiful too. It has a trendier flair than Harrisonburg but costs a bit more. To see pictures check out Monticello and UVA.

There are many areas not far from me that have the rural charm and very reasonable pricing. I would be delighted to help you scout in any way. I also have a good real estate agent contact or two.

Let me know :)

PS - this shot is from Page County Virginia on my way to work one morning. I stop often and snap pictures.

20140429_171557.jpg

Hi Moneymeiser, My husband and I also have Virginia on our list of possible place to retire. We were there maybe 15 years ago and loved a town called Warrenton (I beleive). I also loved Middleburg but that would have been to expensive, We almost purchased a home in a subdivision there. The picture you posted above would be a dream come true for me. My only question would be is there really good shopping about an hour away? I want to retire some place pretty. Would you have any suggestions for towns to retire?

Thank you, Callie

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
April Baby, I'm so sorry for the threadjack above. Please forgive me. Callie

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'll start a new thread...Virginia Bound

Sorry April

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results