shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting loose diamond Vatche U113

kittencakes

Rough_Rock
With the help of this forum, my soon to be fiancé purchased a diamond at ID Jewelry (love it since I picked it out ha). My question is how to set it. We had the stone shipped loose in case we didn't like it in person. It's 2.36 carats GIA XXX. I love the Vatche tiffany replica U113. What's the best method for setting? On the vatche website they have 2 jewelers near me that carry the brand. I can either take my diamond into them for setting or should I send it back to IDJ to have them send directly to vatche? I feel locally setting it would be easy but my comfort level is better with IDJ handling the process. Thoughts?

Thanks to this forum as well since I've learned so much after researching this site :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely send back to IDJ so they can send it to Vatche. I wouldn't want a local jeweler to order and set the stone, and they'd likely charge to send it to Vatche since you didn't buy the diamond from them. IDJ usually has good prices on settings as well. If you are getting platinum, be sure to ask for the more durable alloys of either 95platinum/5ruthenium or 90plat/10iridium. I actually have that setting and probably will be replacing it soon to get an antique style setting! I love it for a modern round brilliant, though!

kittencakes

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much diamond seeker! And yes I plan on going for the 90/10 mix. I didn't even think of how a local jewelry would charge more. I can't wait for it to be all finished :appl:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I plan to order this setting as well from Wink for my CBI diamond, but in 95/5 Ruthenium because it has a Vickers hardness of 130-135 versus 110 for 90/10 Iridium. The ruthenium alloy is also the one that Tiffany & Co uses.

Diamondseeker, thanks for posting pictures of your mounting from various angles. I've saved them on my computer for future reference.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a for your information as I realise the UK is much smaller than USA, but 90/10 would not be considered platinum in
our hallmarking system, as platinum has to be 95 or 950 to be hallmarked here.:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results