shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think I got more loose pearls for my charm bracelet but am waiting for confirmation.

No one else got anything? Was hoping that some of the items stay in the family...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't post last night because the girls were keeping me busy. (I was a bad mom and was 3 minutes late to pick up my little one from daycare yesterday because new sale items were posting.)

So, pending confirmation, I think I gobbled up some pistachios yesterday. This has been a fun sale, but my AmEx is smoking a bit. Chenai said next month will be a more typical single-item sale for the month, so I can stop clicking refresh every 15 minutes and go back to my normal life, lol. :rolleyes:

two-tone_ring_2.jpg

two-tone_ring_1.jpg

pistachio_1.jpg

pistachio_2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay, I was admiring both of those items!

I'm especially curious to see the irl ring pictures.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Kay - Great job shopping the sale on the last day! I was checking during the day for new items but I guess I stopped too soon! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the ring IRL. This is my first pearl ring purchase, so I am really excited to get that beauty on my finger! It's great that PP decided to make the two-tone setting a regular item and that it is available in yellow/rose, white/rose and yellow/white so you can choose the gold colors based on the pearl or personal metal preference.

Code:
http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4424-two-tone-embrace-collection-tahitian-pearl-ring.aspx?utm_source=FLF&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=designdebut

Meanwhile, I have to go get my ring finger measured because I have not bought a ring in over 5 years and some of my rings are a little snug, so I might not be a size 5 anymore post-babies. The local jeweler I used to frequent for custom work went out of business in the recession, and I feel awkward walking into a jewelry store with which I haven't done any business just to get my finger measured.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1412163721|3759727 said:
Kay - Great job shopping the sale on the last day! I was checking during the day for new items but I guess I stopped too soon! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Thanks. The items did post later in the day (around 3-6 pm Pacific time). I got home and saw some new items had posted while I was driving.

Did anyone here get that graduated akoya necklace? I was tempted, but held off because I already have a few akoya strands and the pearl size range wasn't listed.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1412164509|3759732 said:
pkinnew|1412163721|3759727 said:

Thanks. The items did post later in the day (around 3-6 pm Pacific time). I got home and saw some new items had posted while I was driving.

Did anyone here get that graduated akoya necklace? I was tempted, but held off because I already have a few akoya strands and the pearl size range wasn't listed.

That's what stopped me from going for it. It looked beautiful, but not if the size was small.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well done, Kay. I love both of those pistachio pieces, but the strand in particular is a one-of-a-kind. Fingers crossed that it wasn't double-sold and that you have it. I would love to see it in person. :clap:

Genkibird

Rough_Rock
a little late in posting here but here are the provoked baroque tahitian earrings from last week. I have already replaced the wires as I wore them immediately after picking the mail up in town, then went to pick up an item at a local jewelry store. Wouldn't you know it, the one that seemed a little funny fell out in the store and did not notice until I left and the store was closed. Thankfully they responded to the knocking on the door and it was found it on the floor. Very embarrassing. Bending a bit probably would have helped but the wires are thin enough that even the silicone backs that I like to use were not very secure. The replacements are from a pair I made a few years ago that I never really liked but I think work ok with the pearl size. Even though not perfectly symmetrical I can excuse as the pearls are "baroque" and there is a little difference between the 22-14K but hopefully difficult to tell.

img_5681.jpg

img_5682.jpg

_22852.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1412162635|3759720 said:
I couldn't post last night because the girls were keeping me busy. (I was a bad mom and was 3 minutes late to pick up my little one from daycare yesterday because new sale items were posting.)

So, pending confirmation, I think I gobbled up some pistachios yesterday. This has been a fun sale, but my AmEx is smoking a bit. Chenai said next month will be a more typical single-item sale for the month, so I can stop clicking refresh every 15 minutes and go back to my normal life, lol. :rolleyes:
Wow, great scores, Kay! If the pistachio strand doesn't work out for you, let me know :love:

I pretty much gave up this time as I couldn't check the site often enough :errrr:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Kay those pistachios are INCREDIBLE!!! Can't wait to see pics!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Genkibird -- Welcome!

Great close-ups of the pb earrings, and your bird.

Can you take a few more ear shots for us? And I'd be interested to see the backs of the pearls.

I like your "new" findings! I think they work well with the pearls.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl, you have an outstanding color in that green pearl, so luck, I love it with your bracelet, all of those colors are over the top for me.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Kay - Your new selections are beautiful, and I hope you post lots of pictures when you receive them so we can all admire them!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Kay ... you've been very quick this month! Those pistachio pieces are dreamy; can't wait to see live shots!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Genkibird, those earwires are very graceful and lovely ... seems your bird is eyeing up your new shiny things :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Kay that you got the pistachio's. Both the ring and the strand look beautiful, and I can't wait to see them IRL. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Genkibird: the earrings look really nice on you! Glad that you were able to find the one that fell!!! I also like your replacement findings. The difference in gold wasn't noticeable to me until you mentioned it and I went back and squinted really hard! ;))

I'm excited to see what the next sale brings!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Thought I would post pictures of the pearl I received. I am also looking for setting advice from all of you. I am completely inexperienced with custom setting. After seeing the colors on the special pearls listed, I had an idea of creating a pendant using a trillion-shaped amethyst stone that I had purchased a while back. My idea is to have the trillion prong set with the point facing down, and have the pearl dangle below if that makes any sense. I would love any ideas,critiques, etc. about whether you think these work together, and what you would do. Thanks very much!

img_0056.jpg

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Here is a photo with the amethyst. The amethyst has a lot of red in it in person, and isn't quite as dark as it looks to me in this picture.

img_0055.jpg

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Here is one more photo of the pearl. I hope I am uploading these correctly, because the pictures seem big to me. Thanks again to everyone.

img_5683.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Krissy,

To my eye (which may or may not be accurate as colours are hard to tell on computer monitors) the amethyst and the pearl set the way you describe would be really pretty. There is a fair bit of cherry/purple flash in the pearl that would probably be enhanced by the stone, and the sizes look reasonable in relation to each other. How big are the stone and the pearl? That would probably be the deciding factor for me.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
I think that amethyst and pearl idea you have is fantastic :)

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Hi cmd2014 and CRDKeshi. Thanks for your replies. To answer your question cmd2014, I think the amethyst measures about 11mm, and the pearl is a little over 9mm wide and a little over 11mm long.

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Kay, those pistachios are fabulous. I'm incredibly envious of that ring! I hope the Embrace setting does become part of their regular collection as I'd like to try a similar look in the future, even if the central pearl won't be quite as fantastic as the one in your ring. I can't wait to see IRL pictures.

As far as I know, I snagged this 10.7mm loose Tahitian. I hope so, anyway. I was at the sale on the dot the very first day, and lost everything I picked because of problems logging into my account, which necessitated making a new account (this has happened every single time I've ordered from them in the past year). I emailed PP about it and they said they fixed the issue, but turns out they didn't-- last night I encountered it again, and had to make yet another entirely new account-- thank goodness I have so many email addresses to use for each new account. I really hope I didn't miss out again; I was SO disappointed when all my choices got sold while I was trying to log in the first day, and I didn't refresh at the right times to catch the subsequent new additions. This would be a nice consolation prize! :)

screen_shot_2014-10-01_at_5.png

Assuming it's mine, I have to think about settings. I'm leaning towards the Little H one that has been posted in this thread. Whether to go for gold or silver will depend on what color the pearl actually turns out to be. It's so hard to tell from pics sometimes!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
krissy7|1412199201|3760139 said:
Hi cmd2014 and CRDKeshi. Thanks for your replies. To answer your question cmd2014, I think the amethyst measures about 11mm, and the pearl is a little over 9mm wide and a little over 11mm long.

I think that would make a perfect necklace then!

Dulcinea, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! That is a beaut! I missed all the new additions after the first day. I figure it was the universe telling me to be fiscally responsible post Tahitian frenzy!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1412187763|3759980 said:
I think that amethyst and pearl idea you have is fantastic :)

I agree

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the crossed fingers, cmd2014! (On that first day, I was trying to remind the universe that I had oh-so-virtuously avoided the Tahitian sale, and was therefore meant to be fiscally irresponsible during the Connoisseur Sale. Sometimes the Universe just doesn't listen to me. :bigsmile: )

ETA: Hurrah hurrah! It's shipped!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dulcinea|1412201099|3760165 said:
Thanks for the crossed fingers, cmd2014! (On that first day, I was trying to remind the universe that I had oh-so-virtuously avoided the Tahitian sale, and was therefore meant to be fiscally irresponsible during the Connoisseur Sale. Sometimes the Universe just doesn't listen to me. :bigsmile: )

Yay!

The universe rarely listens to me either. Usually it's too busy imposing its will upon me. ;-)

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Dulcinea|1412201099|3760165 said:

Glad to hear it shipped! Happy for you, and can't wait to see pictures when you receive it.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
GemkibirdI love the birds-eye-view, and your plump earrings too, not heavy right? The new hook looks fabulous, well done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results