carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jemo|1411246135|3754427 said:
My engagment ring and wedding eternity band!

Stunning! :love:

ThrillofIce1014

Rough_Rock
Posted on Under 1ct forum but figured no better place than the main show-off thread!
Here's my beauty! Recently engaged and madly in love not only with my FI, but with the ring he made for me. It's a .7 ct round brilliant XXX, G color, VS1 clarity with an additional .5 cts in stones set in the 18k WG Frederick Goldman channel alternating round and princess cuts. I never thought of wanting a half bezel, however, the moment I saw it, it was love. He knows I use my hands a lot and I can be a clutz, soooo, he thought it wouldn't get snagged on anything and the diamond would be more secure.

Sorry for the large pics in advance! What do you think?? :love:

img_5650.jpg

_22695.jpg

img_20140919_143619_731.jpg

img_20140924_120814_228.jpg

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
ThrillofIce1014|1411746282|3757366 said:
Posted on Under 1ct forum but figured no better place than the main show-off thread!
Here's my beauty! Recently engaged and madly in love not only with my FI, but with the ring he made for me. It's a .7 ct round brilliant XXX, G color, VS1 clarity with an additional .5 cts in stones set in the 18k WG Frederick Goldman channel alternating round and princess cuts. I never thought of wanting a half bezel, however, the moment I saw it, it was love. He knows I use my hands a lot and I can be a clutz, soooo, he thought it wouldn't get snagged on anything and the diamond would be more secure.

LOOK AT THOSE SPARKLES!! I LOVE IT. congratulations, it's always nice to hear when the man picks something the woman loves!

ThrillofIce1014

Rough_Rock
dawnxcui|1411749572|3757392 said:
ThrillofIce1014|1411746282|3757366 said:

LOOK AT THOSE SPARKLES!! I LOVE IT. congratulations, it's always nice to hear when the man picks something the woman loves!

The fire is to die for! And all of this coming from a man who knew nothinggg about diamonds :dance:

Lenapie

Rough_Rock
Going to pop one picture in here of my e-ring for record's sake! :) This is my favourite picture that shows some really vibrant pastels.

avc_pastels.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ahh yummy, truly stunning!

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
Your DBL sapphire ring is so beautiful, David's rings are so well done. :love:

diamondliz

Rough_Rock
Trade
That is beautiful and so unique!!

fritzi

Rough_Rock
nala|1412050622|3759019 said:
I've never added mine!
image_2351.jpg
image_2344.jpg

Very pretty! What brand is your eternity band? Mine looks identical.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! The eternity is a stock one that I picked up from my local jeweler.

q8girl

Rough_Rock
This was my 2nd anniversary gift from DH. I wanted something above the magic number of 1 carat as my engagement ring stone is - 0.88 carat one . Silly reason, I know, but didn't seen that silly at that time. No regrets, I love my ring.
Marquise does not seem to be that popular with PS users but I love the coverage of this stone.
1.01 carat, H, VS2 stone in 18k yellow gold classic six prong EW setting.

_22894.jpg

_22895.jpg

_22898.jpg

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
I just posted a thread about it, but here is my new engagement ring upgrade! It just arrived this morning.

We were in college when we got married so my original is a department store cluster ring. I tried to keep with the floral theme with the upgrade :). Setting is Tacori Full Bloom and the center stone is a 1.513 ct, AGS ideal cut, I color, VS2. I'm seeing the yellow quite a bit in some lighting, so I'm not quite sure if I'll stick with this center stone or return it for a higher color.

img_5743.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I love it! Congratulations!

Do you have a profile shot?

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! I see the slight warmth to the center stone as well, but I LOVE it - that subtle contrast is STUNNING! :love: :love: :love:

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Here's a profile shot.

I actually decided that the yellow of the I diamond bothered me too much and quickly sent it back to WF for an upgraded diamond (I plan for this to be my 'forever ring', and wanted to make sure I stayed in the return period for my setting). Here it is with an F stone instead :). Pics aren't the best since they were taken with my cell phone.

This diamond performs SO MUCH better, but it's a tad smaller (1.354 ct). I'm still looking at a few more options before I fully commit since I had wanted to stay >1.5ct but I really, really love this ring!

img_5817.jpg

img_5819.jpg

img_5816.jpg

img_5820.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tmot14|1413696292|3769325 said:
Thanks! Here's a profile shot.

I actually decided that the yellow of the I diamond bothered me too much and quickly sent it back to WF for an upgraded diamond (I plan for this to be my 'forever ring', and wanted to make sure I stayed in the return period for my setting). Here it is with an F stone instead :). Pics aren't the best since they were taken with my cell phone.

This diamond performs SO MUCH better, but it's a tad smaller (1.354 ct). I'm still looking at a few more options before I fully commit since I had wanted to stay >1.5ct but I really, really love this ring!

Gorgeous ring! That profile is simply beautiful. :)

TheDude77

Rough_Rock
Scoupe|1399825136|3670394 said:
image_1710.jpg

Engaged for 2 weeks now, was finally able to get some good shots of my custom made ring!

GIA certified 0.51ct, VVS-2 clarity. Excellent cut.

Looking for a ring for my very special lady. I like this design, anyone have a link to something similar? We liked the appearance of the 3 stone rings and I think this gives a similar appearance but would allow me to purchase a larger center diamond.

Regarding the 3 stone rings, I saw some with 0.5 center - looked proportional and nice on her small hand (4.5 ring size). Do the 0.7 or 1.0 centre with 2 adjacent diamonds appear to be a little over the top? It is not my intent to be 'cheap', but in my opinion appearance/proportionality should take precedence over breaking the 1.0 carat mark. Any thoughts are welcome, I'm very new to this.

Thanks!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dude77, you need to start a thread in RockyTalky where you will get more replies, fewer people will see it here!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheDude77|1413917807|3770485 said:
Looking for a ring for my very special lady. I like this design, anyone have a link to something similar? We liked the appearance of the 3 stone rings and I think this gives a similar appearance but would allow me to purchase a larger center diamond.

Regarding the 3 stone rings, I saw some with 0.5 center - looked proportional and nice on her small hand (4.5 ring size). Do the 0.7 or 1.0 centre with 2 adjacent diamonds appear to be a little over the top? It is not my intent to be 'cheap', but in my opinion appearance/proportionality should take precedence over breaking the 1.0 carat mark. Any thoughts are welcome, I'm very new to this.

Thanks!

This question does need to be in Rocky Talky, but I would say a .80-.90 center with .30 on each side would be a nice but still somewhat modest size for a three stone ring. I would not do one with less than a .75 center.

The ring you posted was a custom made ring based on a true antique. You'd have to have that custom made by the same person because they had trouble getting it made right. You need to know if she likes antique style rings before going that route, though. And we can show you brands of antique style rings if that is what she likes. But do post again in RT.

TheDude77

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses, I put a new post in the other forum as recommended.

mountainlion

Rough_Rock
After several months of diamond shopping and then waiting on the band to be built, here is my future fiance's engagement ring:

2.28 ct fancy yellow VS2 56% table, 69.3% depth, Ex Polish, VG Sym, GIA inscr.
Band: .33 ct round brilliants in 18k white gold, 18k yellow head/prongs

_23528.jpg

_23529.jpg

_23530.jpg

_23531.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful! Makes me want to try on yellow diamonds again! Congratulations on your engagemant. You did a great job on the ring.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
mountainlion said:
After several months of diamond shopping and then waiting on the band to be built, here is my future fiance's engagement ring:

2.28 ct fancy yellow VS2 56% table, 69.3% depth, Ex Polish, VG Sym, GIA inscr.
Band: .33 ct round brilliants in 18k white gold, 18k yellow head/prongs

Holy shit on a stick!!! :love: :love: :love:

That is jawdroppingly beautiful!

Why does she not have her own thread??? And pictures! Pictures! We need more pictures!!!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
wow!! only fancy yellow? it is so vivid and saturated. yummy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results