Show off your colored diamonds!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
toBnruG|1411563707|3756220 said:
Next a specially collected set of colours to match the 4 seasons:
0.11ct fancy intense blue for winter.
0.14ct fancy intense pink for spring.
0.32ct fancy vivid orange-yellow for summer.
0.16ct fancy deep orangy pink for autumn.
(none have any fluorescence)

The blue (probably my favourite) looks a bit dull under the lighting conditions (in fact they all do), so I add another blue picture :twirl:

These were set into a custom 9ct gold / white-gold pendant which arrived today :dance:

(and another picture to try different light)

Sorry for the picture quality but I hope you get the gist of these pieces, and I hope somebody gets some enjoyment from seeing them. (Somebody besides me and my wife that is!)

That is so cool! I love that you set it in yellow gold, how special!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The blue (probably my favourite) looks a bit dull under the lighting conditions (in fact they all do), so I add another blue picture :twirl:

These were set into a custom 9ct gold / white-gold pendant which arrived today :dance:

Sorry for the picture quality but I hope you get the gist of these pieces, and I hope somebody gets some enjoyment from seeing them. (Somebody besides me and my wife that is!)

That is so cool! I love that you set it in yellow gold, how special!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock

Love your collection of FCD pears! So pretty. Do you have any other photos you could post of the stones when they were loose?

Kroshka

toBnruG

Rough_Rock
kroshka said:
Love your collection of FCD pears! So pretty. Do you have any other photos you could post of the stones when they were loose?
I remember spending quite some time trying to get some good loose photos, but in the end I couldn't even nearly come close to what the team at Seren Diamonds sent me during the decision-making process. They put all 4 stones together in a picture for me (actually one was from Leibish, but Seren acquired it on my behalf). :appl:

Okay, so actually I did find 1 other picture I took but I'm a bit embarrassed to post it because it was an experimental layout with a plastic imitation stone in the middle (which I found on the floor one day). I don't think it brings anything to include the picture but I guess I'll let you be the judge(s).
DISCLAIMER: I am not in any way trying to pass the red thing off as anything other than a piece of plastic!!

dsc_2877.jpg

img_5646.jpg

toBnruG

Rough_Rock
But while I'm posting pictures of the stones, let me also include a couple of close-ups of the stones in their setting.
The first was just clicking the camera into macro mode:

Then I tried with an extension tube and a 10x loupe but the lighting is far from great:

And one of the vivid orangey yellow:

img_5647.jpg

img_0405.jpg

img_5648.jpg

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Wow love this thread! I hope I have something to contribute some day!

The four seasons diamonds are gorgeous! :appl:

toBnruG

Rough_Rock
petrock<3, I hope you have something to contribute to this thread someday too, being an FCD owner is a great feeling. I love the way Kenny describes them as "little miracles" (I think everybody knows who Kenny is =) ), it's so appropriate!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Bienca can you give us the specs of your FCDs? You have a cool collection, would love to see them separately, out of the box.

Bienca

Rough_Rock
I have bought these FCDs from my trusted vendors and sent two stones to certify. I will send more definitely. Here are my FCDs spec :
0.92 yellow pear
0.17 certified as Natural Fancy Bluish Green
0.25 pink (wannabe)

20140928_204714.jpg

Bienca

Rough_Rock
All photo taken from my smart phone since I am not a camera guy. But I will try to make better photo when I have time.
Here is another set.
From left to right
0.47 radiant orange
0.76 radiant (hardly tell the color. This one will be sent to certify shortly) who can tell what color it is will be highly appreciated.
0.42 radiant yellow

1411913128291.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nice collection! Which one is certified besides the fancy bluish green? Why do you call your pink a wannabe?:))) It is extremely hard to tell what color your brownish stone is based on photos, also they are a bit dark maybe it is my monitor. Actually it is impossible, can only guess; could be a fancy deep orange brown or a fancy deep brownish orange or a pinkish orange brown... the list goes on. They must be seen IRL to tell the color but even then it is good that you are having them certified. So much fun to collect FCDs, no? Do you have any plans as to what you will do with them? Are you going to set them and in several pieces? Thanks for sharing with us, it is fun and congrats!

toBnruG

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful collection Bienca! Such light, uplifting colours.
I'm going to hazard a guess that your unidentified stone has orange as the primary colour (and definitely Deep). Could it be a reddish orange or a pinkish orange? Will be nice to see how the grading comes back for sure. If you want to see a brown stone which doesn't have any brown in the grading, scroll up a few posts to my Deep Orangy Pink. Okay, IRL and up close you can tell that pink is the primary colour, but from a distance and often when photographed it could pass for a straight brown.

Bienca

Rough_Rock
Yes! Ovincze and toBnrug, I'm so in love with FCDs right now. Eventhough I don't know what to do with these little babies (except Yellow-green-pink ring project), I am planning to acquire more and more.

The other stone that have certification is on the bottom left at the corner. It is 0.40 pear Natural fancy Purplish pink. From my point of view, it looks like purple more than pink. But better believe the report cause I'm so new in FCDs issue. That's why I called the other pear in the ring project "Pink wannabe" coz I really don't know what it is. just hoping that it is a pink. But my vendors said it is orangy brown or something like that. :(

For the 0.76 radiant , my vendor said it's deep orange. but u know sometimes I think I can see the red in it. :loopy: Cross my finger and wish it is a reddish orange as toBnrug said. :lol: :lol:

If anybody has an idea what to do with my FCDs, please feel free to give me advice. Thanks in advance.

P.S. My photo is so bad that I wish I live nearby the Famous Kenny and possibly ask him to take a photo of these FCDs for me.

Bienca

Rough_Rock
This is the best photo that I can do with 0.76 radiant. Could u see the angel 's wings in the stone? :D

20140929_0.jpg

Bienca

Rough_Rock
The Better pictures :dance:

20140930_1.jpg

20140930_141139.jpg

20140930_140012.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Some beauties here for sure. Best thing is to get the stone certified, still looking like a fancy deep brownish orange to me here but now without pink, again it is entirely impossible to tell just based on pix. I would also recommend buying already certified because then you cannot make the mistake of overpaying for something. Even small nuances can make a huge difference in price; a brown modifier does reduce value significantly, hence it greatly matters whether it is there or not. Still a beauty regardless and you may already paying a price that is for a stone with a brown modifier, however, in general the best way to ensure you are getting what you pay for, which is especially important in the case of FCDs, is that you buy them with GIA certs and of course getting it done yourself is a cost to you too. Congrats on your gorgeous collection again, keep posting pix, we can never get enough.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
image_2879.jpg image_2880.jpg
Here's a couple shots of my new upgrade 5.65 ct vs1 fancy champagne cushion cut diamond set in just under 1ct of round a princess cut white vs2 g

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could I forget about this thread? There are just so many gorgeous things in it. I have something new to add and of course it's another FLY. :lol: It's a .81 carat FLY marquise.

dsc_2212.jpg

dsc_273.jpg

dsc_274.jpg

dsc_2067.jpg

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
Bienca|1411904845|3758096 said:
This is my FCDs. Still in the box.

So unusual! I had no idea diamonds came in a cornucopia of colors!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm excited that I can now add a whole bunch of new colors. I was the lucky recipient of the Leibish & Co 9 stone colored diamond band at the PS GTG. It's small but mighty and sparkles a ton.

dsc_296.jpg

dsc_297.jpg

dsc_2881.jpg

dsc_2880.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michelle, congratulations! I'm so glad you won, I love when good things happen to good people! :appl: the band is SO pretty and looks perfect with your gorgeous ering!

StarWarsChick

Rough_Rock
Wow! Congrats on winning!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1433180147|3883761 said:
Michelle, congratulations! I'm so glad you won, I love when good things happen to good people! :appl: the band is SO pretty and looks perfect with your gorgeous ering!

Aw junebug, thank you so much!

StarWarsChick said:
Wow! Congrats on winning!!

Thanks StarWarsChick.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1433179584|3883757 said:
I'm excited that I can now add a whole bunch of new colors. I was the lucky recipient of the Leibish & Co 9 stone colored diamond band at the PS GTG. It's small but mighty and sparkles a ton.

How wonderful! Beautiful gift--and congrats on the big win!!

cheers--Sahron

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
That's amazing win, congrats!!! Love all the colors and paired with your fancy yellow diamond ring looks so glamorous

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It looks so pretty next to your fancy yellow. The stones certainly hold their own in color.

In fact, I was looking at that ring (or something very similar) over the weekend. Wishful thinking of getting something to go with my own new little fancy yellow. (Maybe some day I'll have your set's little sisters?)

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Catmom I love your fancy yellow ring!! How perfect that your new band goes so well. It was meant to be! :appl: :love: Congratulations!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Catmom! That band looks beautiful with your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results