shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Kenny...how about a fancy green Octavia?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
Sexy idea but EEK way too much risk for Kenny.

Green is the most difficult hue to prove to be of natural origin.
I'd only spend on an FCD with GIA grading the material and color to be of natural origin.
GIA does not grade rough.
Such an FCD project is best left to insiders, not a wannabe like me with no expertise or connections.

Even if GIA did grade rough for me to consider it it would have to get a pure green grade with no secondary hues.
Even if GIA graded it pure green at the rough stage there is a chance a secondary color would be seen in the polished stone, which I would not be happy about if paying $12,250 for the rough.

The Octavia is not a color-amplifying cut so the green would end up very faint.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1411516080|3756021 said:
Thanks.
Yeah, but just imagine adding a 1.10ct fancy green Octavia to your FCD collection... :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1411516657|3756027 said:
kenny|1411516080|3756021 said:
Thanks.
Yeah, but just imagine adding a 1.10ct fancy green Octavia to your FCD collection... :naughty:

I think you need a Fancy Green Octavia tie tack.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most fully-natural green diamonds I see have very patchy, spotty, blotchy dirty color, even with all the help of 'magic' cuts like radiant or cushion that a skilled cutter can use to control and amp up the color.
I believe the blotchiness seen in many if not most greens is from spending zillions of years buried next to a mish mash of partially radioactive particles.
A diamond would have to be pretty lucky to be uniformly surrounded by uniformly-radioactive stuff long enough for the green color to penetrate deeply into the body of the diamond, well beyond the skin.

I suspect that's how my lucky little green got its smooth and even distribution of green.
The color evenness and intensity is even more surprising because the round shape doesn't even amp up the color.
Even the side view shows substantial saturation.
I'll never have the funds for any green Octavia, let alone one from rough like this.

Another risk of buying green rough is the green color may exist only near the skin.
After polishing little or no green may remain.
Buying any rough is not for me, but buying green rough is out of the question.
Both the green above and the green below got the same color grade from GIA, Fancy Intense Green.

DF, I think you have the guts to commission a green Octavia. :dance:
Just look for 5 carats of green rough like this:

screen_shot_2014-09-23_at_5.png

screen_shot_2014-09-23_at_0.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="kenny|
DF, I think you have the guts to commission a green Octavia. :dance:
Just look for 5 carats of green rough like this:

[/quote]

No! I'm too chicken...
Running%20turkey.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol DF.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you just ask Yoram to cut you a fancy coloured Octavia - he cuts yellow diamonds for DBL so he probably has access to more exotic looking rough material than all of us can imagine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results