color
clarity

#JOTW My little h geode souffles:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
These earring are beautiful on you! And congrats on jewel of the week! :appl:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo....Congratulations! The picture you posted is lovely. Your necklace and earrings look so nice together. I truly hopw you enjoy wearing them.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Truly amazing earrings! I absolutely love the design, the colors, I would be thrilled to own something like this. I love the Tahitian version too but yours is just perfect. I have similar coloring to you and my favorite colors in clothes and jewelry range from yellow-peachy-coral-orange-salmon, these fit my idea of absolute perfection. Did I mention they look awesome on you? HUGE CONGRATS!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay, LitGeek, PiscesPearls, Confection10, EvangelineG, Krissy7 -- Thank you so much for your kind words!

OVincze -- Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! I appreciate your comments.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
OVincze|1411296371|3754702 said:
Truly amazing earrings! I absolutely love the design, the colors, I would be thrilled to own something like this. I love the Tahitian version too but yours is just perfect. I have similar coloring to you and my favorite colors in clothes and jewelry range from yellow-peachy-coral-orange-salmon, these fit my idea of absolute perfection. Did I mention they look awesome on you? HUGE CONGRATS!
OVincz - If you look great in the peachy color family you should seriously consider getting some Chinese freshwater pearls for yourself. They will look amazing on you.

Nice of you to drop into the Pearl Forum. It is especially nice to see these gems get additional recognition as the Jewel of the Week.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have to say thank you so much for the warm welcome. I truly appreciate that. I used to be a huge fan of pearls, in fact in my twenties I started studying at GIA because of pearls and bought every book available on them. I owned a big Tahitian ring, it was still somewhat unusual at the time. Then my life changed and somehow it brought back not so good memories, I went into diamonds especially fancy colors but I still like unusual colored stones and pearls. Yes perhaps a peachy freshwater peark necklace would be great but these earrings are really perfect, I love the combination of pearls and sapphires, the shape, the size, the colors, the textures, really everything about them is great. I also love large earrings, well, besides my halo-d stud earrings I do prefer the larger earrings and somehow in my ears I prefer colored stones and maybe pearls. I will take the advice and try some peachy pearls on. These earrings are truly HG, I have to look at the designer's website now I am afraid.:)))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Hisano's newest line isn't available on her website yet, but several pairs are available via the PP Connoisseur sale this month:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/c-318-pearl-connoisseur-designs.aspx#PageNum=[1]&SortBy=[Price ASC]&ItemsPerPage=[62]

I'm not sure the earrings featured are quite as large as mine. You can also contact her directly -- I think she has other earrings not on the sale page or could make you custom earrings.

I agree that this is a winning combination of pearls and colored stones!

Keep us posted.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much! That was going to be my next question, how can you order one? I noticed they were not available yet publicly or at least I could not find where. Well, what is the best and most interesting anyhow is every and each one of them is a little different, no? So if they are a bit smaller, different shape, different stones or order of them that is fine, as long as you are ok if someone else orders something a bit similar but yet different as I would not want to offend your feelings OP. This is crazy as I did not even think about getting pearl earrings before, yours are addictive. I watched the video and she had some amazing specimens there from this collection. I love her work, really innovative use of pearls and some other gems. Your earrings really do look like delish fruits. Good think I dropped in here.:)))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haha, we think alike, a lot of them are gorgeous but my favorites are also the ones you posted a link to! I have been looking over her sale section. I still think yours are fab and the best though I must say. I love how the ombre is done on yours and the use of hoops adds an extra unique touch. Not sure if she works with rose gold. I have to think what to do, custom or just order these and then maybe even more.:))) I so love the Tahitians, the way they look and because I also love black diamonds but I know how lost they would be on me too sadly. Black earrings really get lost on me as I have long dark hair. Also, I think the bit more elongated shape looks better on me as I have a very long neck. You created an addiction OP.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
OVincze, Hisano can and does work in rose gold :) Although I haven't seen Bsomlo's new earrings in person, I have seen the pieces on the video in person, and all the "geode" pieces are even more stunning in real life!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks. I wonder how come people did not buy them all right there on the spot.:)))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
OVincze|1411363046|3755087 said:
Thanks. I wonder how come people did not buy them all right there on the spot.:)))
I was at the ruckus and this pair was my personal favorite. I haven't seen these since, so I suspect that someone did buy them pretty quickly. :naughty:

ruckusgeodeearrings.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1411384840|3755112 said:
I was at the ruckus and this pair was my personal favorite. I haven't seen these since, so I suspect that someone did buy them pretty quickly. :naughty:
This pair from the sale is quite similar, and might be the same, but without the long chains.

ppsalegeodes.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My impression of the ruckus was that it was an overwhelming plethora of pearls....multiple vendors, unexpected surprises, the vault, and a chance to have an in person look at all the special pieces that people have been planning or hoping to plan. My sense is also that many of those attending came in with specific wish lists. With all that going on, I'm sure there were many, many gorgeous things that people had to leave behind (and save up for to buy at a later time).

It's the joy and curse of pearls, hey? That they are so unique, it's not possible to get just one thing and be done. :bigsmile:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Hisano and bsomlo! Trend setters indeed!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I contacted Hisano to get a pair made, I just have to have these! I have not come across something so stunning and unique in a long time. They are so yummy and happy earrings, so much fun, I bet the kind that Bsomlo gets a lot of compliments on. I design and make jewelry myself but usually do not work with pearls and I know many in my shoes would never buy from someone else but hey I am happy to admit if someone is making something amazing and I am happy to support such people and also feel honored to own a piece of their work. I cannot wait to see what she can come up with. I always tell others that this is the downside of being a woman in this business, you really want to have some things for yourself too but at the same time it is also the upside because I can wear jewelry, one of the biggest pleasures for me.:))) It sure is a passion, isn't it?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
OVincze - What a fabulous endorsement of Hisano and her art. Please continue to include us on your journey to your new little h geode earrings. :wavey:

I can hardly wait to see what you two come up with. :cheeky: :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hisano's beautiful creations had their debut at the ruckus and the ones shown there were her samples. There were trays of pearls so you could pick a pearl for her to make one especially for you.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I cannot wait to see either. We will pick a pearl first and waiting till she gets a shipment in by the end of this week. I would like to see the shapes and sizes, maybe I would like just a bit smaller than yours Bsomlo and a bit more elongated, just an idea for now. I would like to have three different colors of sapphires to create the ombre effect, yellow, orange and a bit of pinkish at the bottom. I just really like orangey, coral tones so that was one thing I asked if Hisano could do but of course she said she has picked out some pretty orange toned sapphires so we can do that. It is very exciting but I do not know how people can wait till their jewelry is completed.:))) At the same time every step is really fun. Does anyone else own something from the geode collection on the forum? I guess I will search the pearl subforum now to see what people wear. Never thought the pearlbug would bite me again.:)))

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I cannot wait to see either. We will pick a pearl first and waiting till she gets a shipment in by the end of this week. I would like to see the shapes and sizes, maybe I would like just a bit smaller than yours Bsomlo and a bit more elongated, just an idea for now. I would like to have three different colors of sapphires to create the ombre effect, yellow, orange and a bit of pinkish at the bottom. I just really like orangey, coral tones so that was one thing I asked if Hisano could do but of course she said she has picked out some pretty orange toned sapphires so we can do that. It is very exciting but I do not know how people can wait till their jewelry is completed.:))) At the same time every step is really fun. Does anyone else own something from the geode collection on the forum? I guess I will search the pearl subforum now to see what people wear. Never thought the pearlbug would bite me again.:)))

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bsomlo, they look amazing on you! I love the graduated color of the gems :love: Such pretty colors :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you pkinnew and thecat!

The pair sits on my make-up table so I can admire them when I am not wearing them.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, I am having a lot of fun and also find the situation a little funny as I am not normally a retail customer unless my own.:))) I am having so much fun with someone else making me jewelry this time and I do not want to hijack your thread Bsomlo but I am also not sure if I am even allowed to start a new thread as a trade member (but now a consumer for a change) and definitely do not want to steal the show from you.

I have, however, finally picked my pearl today, yaaay!:))) I tell you honestly that because the shipment came in a few days late, I fell into severe depression ROFL. It seems that when I am not controlling the process then it is even harder not knowing what is going on. I had some fears that Hisano decided not to make me earrings.:))) Slightly paranoid. At the same time I know that things do take time when it comes to making jewelry so that makes it easier but I was so down thinking I already picked my dresses and even got a new one to match the upcoming earrings. I have fallen so head over heels for them and I think they are so stylish, unique and I will have tons of fun wearing them.

Maybe I will ask Ella if I am now not in my role as a diamond dealer and designer whether I would be allowed to create a thread for my new upcoming earrings. Otherwise, I can just update but as I said I most definitely do not want to take away from you Bsomlo, the credit is yours for showing me this one of a kind design and also kudos to PS for making it Jewel of the Week.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just to add a note that Hisano has finally introduced her geode collection on the Pearlcollective site, and there are three rings available there.

How about it, bsomlo? Perhaps a geode ring to go with your earrings? :cheeky:

geodering.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The ring looks really unique and great too!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Aaah, Fly Girl -- you know my heart's desire.

This is something I am going to have to try on in person to see if it works for me... I'll keep you updated!

OVincze -- I do hope there will be no problem with your starting a thread as a pure customer! It would be fun to see your process as a Buyer from start to end.

Fly Girl -- are you going to venture into Geode World -- she works with Tahitians, too...!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I will ask tomorrow and also ask Hisano for permission if I can post pix. I honestly think the entire geode collection is really truly the most innovative design concept I have seen lately. Love them all and like I said I have not even been that into pearls and colored stones lately (well except for colored diamonds). I could imagine owning an entire set but the earrings are still my faves. The Tahitians are breathtaking, if they worked with my coloring, I would get some too but I have somewhat similar coloring to you Bsomlo and with longer, dark hair they really get lost. Same thing with black diamonds, I have a pair totalling 11 carats that I have been wanting to make into earrings but been having a hard time deciding on the design that will work with my coloring. On anyone else that does not have a lot of dark hair the Tahitian geodes will look stunning!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1412714390|3763833 said:
Aaah, Fly Girl -- you know my heart's desire.

This is something I am going to have to try on in person to see if it works for me... I'll keep you updated!

OVincze -- I do hope there will be no problem with your starting a thread as a pure customer! It would be fun to see your process as a Buyer from start to end.

Fly Girl -- are you going to venture into Geode World -- she works with Tahitians, too...!

bsomlo - Yes, you could rock an entire geode parure. :naughty: I have a feeling that you won't be stopping at just earrings.

When I saw the geodes in person, I loved the ruby ones best. This would be a way to add bright red to a pearl, red being my favorite color. Perhaps a green Tahitian filled with rubies would be nice. I'm not much into the black jewelry look. I prefer color.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think the Tahitians that Hisano filled with purple sapphires looked delish. I can see them filled with green stones too but then that would be tourmaline or emerald. I still think the purple looked perhaps the best with the Tahitians but I can also imagine an ombre effect of various tones. I am all for color too, my style is very colorful and my FCDs match that really well, as well as these new upcoming earrings.:))) That said for work I also have to wear a lot of black so then I wear diamonds, Art Deco and/or modern or the lighter yellows FCDs. It is sometimes not just who we are but also our lifestyles. Wearing color makes me very happy though and I am sure it has that effect on a lot of people. Even with winter coming or perhaps even more so I want to wear color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results