shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Yellow pink pear diamonds

Bienca

Rough_Rock
I would like to ask for opinion. Do they nèed halo and if yes, should it be white or color diamonds. Thanks

20140921_113633.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the mm measurements of each pear?
Are you planning to set them alone or with other stones?
Will it (they) be a pendant, ring or something else?

All these will have a bearing on my answer.
Secondly, the smaller the stone, the more difficult it will be to get a halo made that will not swallow or overpower the FCD. This is why I prefer a multi-stone piece of jewellery made up of small stones rather than double or triple halo-ing a small stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like white diamond halos on colored stones, generally, because I think it highlights the color of the colored stone much more than setting it alone. But of course, it depends on what you're making!

Bienca

Rough_Rock
Thanx Chrono. I just thought that these three pears could be set as a ring. But still undecided what to do with the rest. If there is a setting that can gather all the stones, that would be sound interesting. I prefer ring or bracelet because I can see them all the times.

The yellow pear weight is 0.91. Green 0.17 and pink is 0.24. I have mm measurement for only green one which is 4.24×3.72.

Love to hear from you.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel not halo would be my vote. it would be a cool ring!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow pear has enough colour and size oomph to be set alone, either with a halo or some other embellishment. The green and pink will need more help because I think it will be difficult to get a well made halo that does not overpower them. If the pink and green are similar in outline (fatness) and mm size, I think the 3 pears will go well together as a 3 stone ring, with a halo on the outside (not around individual stones but around the 3 stone combo).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't the right shape or colour, but is what I had in mind. The second is very untraditional and can work with different sized and coloured FCDs too. I would put the larger pear on one side, and the 2 smaller pears on the opposite side.

_22606.jpg

graff_multi_fcd.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think the pink and green pears would be nice in a bypass ring, or even an open cuff bracelet. I agree that the yellow pear is large enough to stand on its own in a ring with just that as the center.

Bienca

Rough_Rock
Thank you diamondseeker2006 , motownmama and pandabee. I have collected all information in my memory.

Pandabee, Do you have some example of open cuff bracelet and bypass ring?

Bienca

Rough_Rock
Wow Chrono. The picture is perfect. They are both gorgeous. I really like your idea for doing the halo as a whole rather than do it individually. For the rest of the stones, should I do one more ring with three radiant or collect more FCD to make a bracelet?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bienca! Here are some pictures I pulled from google search and Instagram.

Pear bypass:

Open cuff bracelet (larger stones than you have but you get the idea):

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411417387.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411417397.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411417408.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411417422.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
For the radiants, I think a necklace would actually be nice with the graduated colors.

Bienca

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Pandabee

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results