shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Moon Diamond

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowser, I may have to get over my dislike of LaLaLand and make a trip down to see this.....

S

SparkliesLuver

All I can do is drool when I see that. That color! :love: :drool: I almost think it'd ruin me if I saw it in person. If anyone goes though, you must share your experience. :naughty:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'd love to see it in person. Oh well. A pic is better than nothing =)

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1409933579|3745449 said:
Here's a video. For a blue diamond, the color is really spectacular. Most are pretty meh, or you have to "imagine" the blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI95gb1WYSc

But... is it VIVID....???

Hauyn is vivid blue, fine sapphire or cobalt spinel from Luc Yen...

slightly grayish deep blue?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1409934410|3745461 said:
TL|1409933579|3745449 said:
Here's a video. For a blue diamond, the color is really spectacular. Most are pretty meh, or you have to "imagine" the blue.

But... is it VIVID....???

Hauyn is vivid blue, fine sapphire or cobalt spinel from Luc Yen...

slightly grayish deep blue?

In the FCD world, it is vivid. It's totally different than colored stones. That would be a greyish blue color in sapphire, but so many blue FCD's are so incredibly grey, the color looks blah, except for the fact that they're a diamond, with that amazing sparkle and luster. You're never going to find a blue diamond with saturation comparable to a vivid blue sapphire, for example.

I think fancy vivid yellows truly have saturated yellow color, but fancy greens, reds and blues, not so much. Its really extraordinary to find one that is saturated to that point.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you TL!!

That gem is awesome - would like to see the Blue Moon, the Hope and the Wittelsbacher together...

I was one time in Dresden - visited the "Grünes Gewölbe" and wanted to see the Dresden Green - it was not in the exhibition course they repaired and clean it :cry: !!!

Will return!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1409935359|3745471 said:
T

That gem is awesome - would like to see the Blue Moon, the Hope and the Wittelsbacher together...

Actually one of our lapidaries who posts on this forum saw them together at the Smithsonian when they were both on display. He said we'd all be turned off by how grey they were. LOL!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
NOOOOO!!!

Both in a dark room - LWUV on - 10 seconds - close your eyes - turn off UV and open your eyes - AAAHHHHHH orange red phosphorescence!!! Again and again!!

I have two gray diamond with chalky blue fluor and chalky orange phosphorescence - for a few second - I love it!!!

Would like to know whether there are smaller pieces of the rough faceted!!

S

SparkliesLuver

TL said:

I could pause it around 2:42 and just stare at that image all day. Wow. I could deal with some grey if it meant owning that! ;-)

Oh, and Marlow, I'm with you on wondering about the smaller rough! :naughty:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
:D

One for you and one for me!!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Deal! :love:

That's the easiest decision ever. ;-)

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect!! :D