alexah

Brilliant_Rock

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agreed, Dana is great!

burntskye

Rough_Rock
My goodness thats a beautiful stone! I havent actually reached out to Dana yet but i am going to.

burntskye

Rough_Rock
can you believe this stone is already sold! Man, the good ones surely dont last long! I am reaching out to Dana anyway. Thanks again!

burntskye

Rough_Rock
On Gemfix - regarding quality and color, what do you think of these stones? I know its up to preference, but in regards to even coloring, sparkle and overall value?

http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_montana.html

I already reached out to Gemfix and i know they dont provide additional photos/videos.

Thanks for the input!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
burntskye|1408561670|3736339 said:
On Gemfix - regarding quality and color, what do you think of these stones? I know its up to preference, but in regards to even coloring, sparkle and overall value?

http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_montana.html

I already reached out to Gemfix and i know they dont provide additional photos/videos.

Thanks for the input!

Well, the one I don't really care for is 312 (dull color on hand).

What about the 9x9 cushion, 365? That's a nice color and a cushion with a nice size to it.

burntskye

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion and the input on 312. 365 is a beautiful stone but i'm looking for a stone that is eye clean and unheated (if i can get it). Thanks again!

burntskye

Rough_Rock
DandT|1408573128|3736428 said:
How about this from Dana? 6 ct unheated untreated with AGL report

http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7598

i have reached out to Dana already to see what he suggests. While i do love light colored stones, i dont want a colorless stone. Plus 6ct is probably just a bit too big for my finger. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW here's my take on them :))

These are all cut by Andrew (he sometimes posts stones he hasn't cut) so you have no worries there. I also agree with TL about giving 312 a miss, too silky for the sparkle you want. However I would leave out the 365 she suggested because of the blue splodge in the middle (zoning) it gives a slightly odd look on his hand. Andrew also states it as visible inclusions. Sorry TL ;))

I've put together a collage so you can see them side by side, it often helps - or it does for me.
441, 435, 464 and 448 are all "rhapsody" cushion cuts. I added 448 because it was a different colour but still within your specs and also because he states it has a high crown which should help sparkle. 435 looks a little different because of it's squarer shape. 363 is a radiant with tiny clipped corners, so gives a slightly different look (as does 435 simply because it's a squarer cushion)

The colours in brackets are what I see. If you really like two or three of these, email Andrew and ask if he will do a Skype or Facetime session with you and then you can choose one to get in for an "interview" :bigsmile:

Definitely personal preference from here on in I think - good luck!

#441 (icy blue)
Description: Light, bright, and flashy pastel blue. Unheated Montana sapphire cushion, beautifully faceted and excellent clarity.

#435 (blue)
Description: Exquisite. Fiery and brilliant, color is an icy blue with a touch of turquoise in some light. Large, well cut, and clean. Gorgeous!

#464 (teal)
Description: Rare, unusually large and clean unheated Montana sapphire cushion! Color is a beautiful silvery aqua.

#448 (green, high crown)
Description: Very sparkly untreated silvery-turquoise-green Montana cushion. Beautifully cut with a high crown, excellent clarity.

#363 (icy green?, radiant cut)
Description: Amazingly bright and brilliant! Color is silver with a hint of -turquoise? Fabulous cut and eye clean. Gorgeous!

montana-sapphires.png

363.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin,
I like your recommendations; I don't think she can go wrong with any of these.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the ones that Starzin put together in that collage, I like 435 the best because to me, the colors are all pretty much the same except for the green one (which I'm not a fan of), and it's the biggest, and that small table on it is amazing (more sparkle). If you can afford it, might as well go with the biggest if all else is equal. I like the icy blues better than that green one. The cutting on the gemfix stones is just amazing, and gives those sapphires a diamond like appearance.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I really love 435. WANT. :)

burntskye

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together Starzin! I actually saw you do that photo comparison on another post and i did this same thing last night because i found it so helpful. Laura confirmed that 464 and 363 were both more blue/green/teal with 464 being the cleanest/sharpest of these options. 435 she said still had some green, but has a bluer base (which is what i am partial to).

She did mention 312 without my prompting but based on my specs. She said the handshot she did is terrible because its in the shadow, but that its more of an aquamarine color. I would agree that even the blown up shot looks a little too hazy but she swears it sparkles like crazy and is very sharp/clear looking.

I think i am gravitating to 435. I am starting my "test" this weekend and ordered a 7.3mm concave round cut lavender/light blue sapphire from Richard Homer so i can see the his concaves in real life and i think i will also be ordering either 435 or 312 from gemfix to compare.

I will post photos when i get the stones and would love opinions! Thanks for all the help!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh well done you!
435, 435, 435 I wanna see it on your hand :bigsmile:

FWIW it also looks the bluest to me. However don't be surprised if it's a little darker and greyer in hand. Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast (Montanas) but the right one will no doubt be stunning. Chase down deskjockey's it's verrrry pretty, but darker than you are looking for.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the cut on 435. Can't wait to see more pics.

burntskye

Rough_Rock
I have started to think about band widths. I have a large finger (size 9.5) and will have a 7-9mm stone set in a very simple platinum 4-6 prong tiffany setting. i would like to get the absolute thinnest band i can get while not compromising the protection to the stone. I've seen posts on the internet of band sizes down to 1.25mm but that seems awful small, could it break? whats the thinnest i could go?

thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given the size of the stone, I would not go below 2 mm in width.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results