shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue baroque akoyas or Madamas? – I’m on the ledge

Kay

Ideal_Rock
ltlmsmfft|1404932351|3709894 said:
Oh wow! They are stunning! If you are looking for that deep blue color though, the baroques win hands down. Still if I had 5K to burn, I would love a Madama strand.

You only have to have 3.4K to burn for a 8-8.5 mm Madama strand . :naughty:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1404933421|3709902 said:
Kay, OMG -- thanks for sharing the pictures! They are both stunning and very different! The blues in your baroques are amazing with the gorgeous flashes of turquoise and rose. The round silvery blue madamas are also gorgeous -- steely, cool and elegant.

What are you going to do?!

I am keeping the baroques. Jeremy's pictures really helped me remember how pretty they are in person. (My bad photos did those pearls no favors.)

I do also love the quieter silvery elegance of the Madamas. I need to think very hard about a purchase at that level, and I need to see them in person to pick my favorite strand from those available if I decide to go for it. I may be able to drive up to LA for the Ruckus -- probably just Saturday, so my poor DH is not stuck with 2 crazy little girls by himself overnight.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, after seeing those photos I'm with Fly Girl, the baroques are truly blue so I'd go for those.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1404937033|3709953 said:
Wow, after seeing those photos I'm with Fly Girl, the baroques are truly blue so I'd go for those.

My thought exactly! Keep those blues and get a madama strand later.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1404938172|3709973 said:

I already told Jeremy to go ahead and send me the baroques. I just couldn't remember them well enough, and I had enough time to start second-guessing the purchase. (Shipment was delayed while I thought about the bracelet pearl and Hisano soaked the mystery connectors out of my old akoya stands that she is restringing.)

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Kay, You're going to love the baroques when you get them. The ocean blue color is so beautiful and mesmerizing. Good decision. :angel:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1404938621|3709982 said:
LitGeek|1404938172|3709973 said:

I already told Jeremy to go ahead and send me the baroques. I just couldn't remember them well enough, and I had enough time to start second-guessing the purchase. (Shipment was delayed while I thought about the bracelet pearl and Hisano soaked the mystery connectors out of my old akoya stands that she is restringing.)

Yay! I can't wait to see more photos!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bump.

Can we have more photos pls? I love the blueness of your strands! :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to see photos too! I also live in black and charcoal grey suits, and my vote before I realized that it was an old thread would have been for the baroque strands. The colour is amazing, and the double baroque strand is more interesting and would definitely make a statement peeking out of a suit (without being as traditional as a round pearl). I find myself reaching more for my baroque strands than my traditional rounds, FWIW.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I would love to share more photos, but the rope is back at PP being re-strung as a 17-18" double strand. I love it doubled, but felt like I had to adjust it throughout the day to keep the strands nested nicely. Baby nurse has blue baroques from the same lot, and after trying on her double strand at the Ruckus I knew I wanted to re-do mine like hers. It turns out 35" is an awkward rope length for me -- hits me mid-bust, so I would always wear it doubled anyway.

I promise to post neck shots when the necklace comes home. I miss my blue pearls! They look great with black, gray or navy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results