carat
color
clarity

GIA VS2 Eye Clean?

zw99

Rough_Rock

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
The report is from 2009. I would ask the vendor if the clouds affect the diamond in any way ( ie: performance,transparency). I would also only buy this diamond if it has a good return policy. It needs to be brought to an appraiser within the return period to ensure that it still matches the report and has not had any damage done to it over time. It's probably a preloved stone that has been traded in for an upgrade or something along that line. There's nothing wrong with that, you just need to insure that it still matches the cert.

:wavey:

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Overall it doesn't seem like a bad choice! The only way to know if it's eye clean is to have someone look at it. A cloud under the table could be bothersome if you "kind of see it, kind of don't." If I'm asking someone to check eye cleanliness, I'd recommend to specify how close your standards are. For some folks, eye clean means nothing visible at 10" from the top. For others it means 4" from any angle or lighting. :read:

Canuck brings up a good point about the age of the report and making sure the stone is still in that condition! :wavey:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good advice from the others on getting the diamond checked out by a third party professional. Normally a good practice, but particularly since the diamond may have been in circulation a while.

Regarding clarity - most probably this stone will be completely eye-clean. As a VS2 with a cloud as the grade setting inclusion (listed first under keys), you may even have some difficulty even seeing the inclusions with a loupe. As diamond size increases the likelihood of seeing a VS inclusion with the naked eye increases, but even at 1.5 ct I would bet you won't see anything in this stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results