shape
carat
color
clarity

Uncertified diamonds???

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
I know nothing about uncertified diamonds, am currently looking at a full eternity with a trustworthy pricescope vendor, they offered uncert stones as an option (they are cheaper) as well as certified stones & I don't want to bother them with 300 questions whilst in my still deciding phase

Are there any discussions already on this topic?

Opinions...yes? No? Never?

Ideas for good questions to ask the vendor about them

Anything will help really

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big are the stones?

I would be okay with 20 or even 30 pointers (and under) without lab reports. I would still want sarins and even idealscopes though. I was looking to buy a band from Wink at HPD and I was just fine with uncerted stones. He offered me sarins for each of them (7 stone) and idealscopes.

It depends on the vendor though. Which vendor? Not all vendors are equal and "pricescope vendor" is a wide category.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Are you planning on breaking up the ring into it's component parts for sale in the future?

Certification is an important way to establish firm color and clarity grades etc. for your stones, and basically ties them to a set market value for those grades. This is great for larger stones (0.30ct+, and anything 0.20ct+ close to D IF) , or any time you expect you may need to unset the stones from a piece and sell them individually.

Eternity rings are generally sold as a single unit, and you can get an appraisal for the full value of the ring which usually notes the color clarity and tcw of the stones as a group, as well as the value of the metal. An appraisal of the piece is a good insurance or resale purposes.

Certification usually costs about $32-$100+/stone depending on the type of report requested http://www.gia.edu/gem-lab-service/diamond-grading So it depends on if the added value is worth it to you, and if you can afford the extra cost.

For an eternity band, my main concern is light performance of the stones, so as long as ACA melee (or other super high quality melee) is used, I would not require formal certification of the stones under 0.30 ct.

Which vendor are you going with?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results