shape
carat
color
clarity

Lauren Bacall is gone

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jean cocteau wrote this as a tribute to Marlene Dietrich. I believe it applies equally to Ms. Bacall, and nobody could write anything better:

"In your voice we hear the voice of the Lorelei: in your look, the Lorelei turns to us. But the Lorelei was a danger, to be feared. You are not: because the secret of your beauty lies in the care of your loving kindness of the heart. This care of heart is what holds you higher than elegance, fashion or style, higher even than your fame, your courage, your bearing, your films, your songs.
Your beauty is its own poet, its own praise. There is no need for us to speak of it, and so I salute, not your beauty but your goodness. It shines in you, as light shines in the moving wave of the sea: a transparent wave coming out of the far distance, and carrying like a gift, its light, its voice, and the plumes of foam, to the shore where we stand."

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
RIP and thanks for all the great movies!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bogey and Bacall. I'm too young to remember their movies, but I grew up knowing they were icons. She was lovely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Bacall

Another star who's found a better place.

As a child, I was given both these teddy bears, and I still have them:

bogeybacallbears.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Such a sad week in Hollywood.

I know it is a less serious role then what she is famous for but my favorite movie of her's was with Marilyn Monroe in "how to catch a millionaire!"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She was a legend in her time. Full of grace and kindness. An amazing talent and generous individual. She made all of her 89 years on earth count for something.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
She had a full & contributing life. Which she mostly made, herself. Can't mourn someone at 89 who kept on really living it all. Good girl.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1407928090|3731399 said:
She had a full & contributing life. Which she mostly made, herself. Can't mourn someone at 89 who kept on really living it all. Good girl.

+1. Rip class and elegance

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results