carat
color
clarity

Favorite Books from Early Childhood

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1407439724|3728030 said:
I'm glad so many of you liked this thread! I have followed along, but didn't have time to reply. Here's my looong reply! :)) You've all given me a lot of inspiration! I appreciate it!

Canuk-Gal - We went through a long period where my daughter wanted to read Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day . . . every single day!!

Okay, I am going to reply more later!!

The illustration in "Alexander" was remarkably well done--we enjoyed it for that aspect alone.

One other great favorite was "Bloody Moments". But this was a book when my son was older (10 or so) although it is humorous, I think younger kids might get a bit queasy about the (medical) subject matter....

Keep on readin'!

cheers--Sharon

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Now We Are Six
The House At Pooh Corner
James and the Giant Peach
Tales of the Arabian Knights
The Joy of Sex
Harold and the Purple Crayon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1407635847|3729473 said:
Now We Are Six
The House At Pooh Corner
The Joy of Sex

Well...you reminded me that I loved all the Winnie the Pooh books. And surprised me with The Joy of Sex. ;))

Deb
:saint:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1407637091|3729485 said:
VapidLapid|1407635847|3729473 said:
Now We Are Six
The House At Pooh Corner
The Joy of Sex

Well...you reminded me that I loved all the Winnie the Pooh books. And surprised me with The Joy of Sex. ;))

Deb
:saint:

The first three were really my favorites.
If I could live my life in the hundred acre wood, i would.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd suggest that anyone who has a young girl in their life check out http://www.amightygirl.com/. A Mighty Girl has wonderful lists of books, both fiction and non-fiction, about strong, confident girls of all ages. If you "like" A Mighty Girl on facebook, you'll get daily posts about girls and young women who are doing and accomplishing great things. It's so uplifting that it's one of my favorite daily feeds even, though I'm well outside of their target demographic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results