shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on 11 eggs MP!!! Glad to hear retrieval went so well! Hoping this is it for you lady!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks JGator, LV and Lizzy! I found out today that all 11 eggs were mature, and 10 of them fertilized with ICSI. Keeping my fingers crossed that several of them keep growing. It's still way early, and I know the numbers are going to fall off from here, but I'm happy we are at least starting out with a better than average fertilization rate (according to my RE). Nice to be better than average at something in the world of fertility :)

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
Mp, that's great! Fingers crossed that lots of them progress well! Are you hoping for a Day 3 or Day 5 transfer?

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Great news again, MP! Grow MP's embies!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
SB, I'm so sorry. Sending you a huge hug.

MP, that's fantastic news! Grow, embies!!

Hi to everyone else.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, 11 retrieved is awesome! Hoping the embies grow, grow, grow!!! When are they scheduling your transfer?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a great report, MP!! Sending you lots of luck for continued high numbers!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the good wishes and support. I just got a call that as of today (Day 3), 9 of the embryos are Code 1 (which apparently means they are meeting their developmental milestones). I have no idea what quality they are at this point, but I'm hopeful that means we will have at least a few that still look good by Wednesday. I'm supposed to be on call on Wednesday morning and ready to come in as soon as they call me to tell me if it's a go. I appreciate your continued good thoughts. This whole process is making me a nervous wreck!

I hope everyone else is doing well. It seems like I'm the only one who is actively trying at the moment, but I don't mean to hog the thread!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, MP. Awesome update. I have been checking in regularly for your report. Sending happy, growth thoughts your way. I'm sure it is nerve wracking for you! Hang in there.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MP, wow, that's really fantastic news!! Continuing to send thoughts & prayers your way. I know this is an anxiety ridden process but it really sounds like things are going wonderfully. So thrilled for you! How many are you planning to transfer?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, JGator and Bright. At this point, I guess I couldn't hope for much better results, but I also know that this where the drop off really happens. I need to stay off Google because I keep finding stories of people who had seemingly good news on Day 3, and ended up with nothing or only one subpar blastocyst. I always do this to myself!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MP, step away from the Internet! (Hugs...I do that too...)
When is your next update?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
MP, sounds like you are doing great!!!! Woo Hoo!!! If for some reason the number drops off, don't let it get you down. I think I had something like 14 eggs, then went down to 8, then had three really good ones (2 of which I froze, 1 I transferred) and it all worked out!!! Thinking of you lady!!!!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, popping it to let you know I'm thinking of you and your embies. I hope you get continued good news today.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lizzy, that is reassuring. An really, as much as I'd liked to have a few extra embryos, I just need one normal, good quality embryo.

Thanks JGator. I won't get any updates today. At my clinic they check them on Day 1, 3 and 5 so as not to disturb them unnecessarily I guess. I'll get a call tomorrow morning telling me whether I should come in for a transfer or not. Talk about nerve wracking! Hope you are doing well. I think you said you have a birthday coming up, right? Happy early birthday. Oddly enough, our transfer (if it goes forward) will be on our anniversary, and I think there's a good chance I'll have my beta on my birthday. Could be a really good thing or a really depressing thing!

Bright, yes, I'm doing my best not to obsess and google everything because no matter what happens to anyone else, there's no way to predict what will happen with my embryos. Hope you are feeling well these days!

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all waiting well.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP - So you will get a call early on Weds? I was confused by your earlier post . . . I thought you were going in to work for a call and then getting a call from the clinic . . . So you are taking Weds off, right? And, then do they recommend modified bed rest or no?

That's funny how the dates are working out! Hopefully, that's a sign it's meant to be!

Not much new with me. I started estrogen and baby aspirin yesterday, will go in on Monday for blood work. Started acupuncture again -- really for stress relief in my mind, this time around! I've lost about 11 pounds since working with the nutritionist and would like to lose a few more if I can prior to transfer.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
LV, ha, yes. I am supposed to wait for a call early in the morning (from home) and be ready to come into the clinic as soon as I hear from them if it's a go. Otherwise, they'll tell me not to come in, which will be beyond devastating. And yes, I am taking the day off from work (I'm sure people are starting to wonder what is up with me lately!). Apparently, they recommend 24 hours of bedrest with bathroom privileges only. That seems a bit extreme from everything I've read, but I guess I'll do what they say or at least take it very easy tomorrow. I'm also supposed to take a valium when I get to the parking lot tomorrow to help my uterus relax before the transfer, which is another reason I'm supposed to take it easy afterward.

Yay, that's great you are starting to prepare for your FET. And way to go on eating healthier and losing weight. I was doing so well, but I decided not to restrict calories or anything this cycle, so if it doesn't work, I've got to get back on top of it.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I'm glad I mis-read! I was going to ask selfishly how important that work call is because we are a need-to-know group here! Haha!

I am positive that you will get a good call tomorrow! And, you are right, what you really want is that one good one! I am sure you will have quite a few more than one though, so stop worrying about that!

I'm sure you are fine weight-wise. I am definitely over my ideal weight and actually kind of surprised that I have been able to drop some weight -- I guess this is the biggest motivation!

Good luck tomorrow!!!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, cool about your anniversary and birthday dates aligning to the transfer and beta days! My bday is Thursday, the 7th. We got pregnant with K about a week before our anniversary in 2012. Hoping for great news tomorrow. I think you are going in with strong numbers so you should be good to go with some leftover to freeze.

LV, good luck and congrats on the weight loss! I lost about 10 lbs doing South Beach since around Memorial Day. It's been hard to maintain with the in-laws here - I have stayed away from carbs and sugar, but still most things my MIL makes are fried which is not helping!

AFM, my earrings arrived early yesterday for my b-day! So, it has been nice to have some new bling. The polyp removal is a week from Thursday. I have a work trip the week after that, and then we go on vacation the day after my work trip. So, I think we'll just try on our own once I get off the BCP post-polyp removal and decide what our next steps are for September post-vacation.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
MP, just wanted to pop in to let you know I'm thinking about you and wishing you all the best!!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Gah!! I need to check back here more often!

MP- I'm so excited for you, those numbers are so great! I'll definitely be sending some baby thoughts your way tomorrow!

Nothing to report over here still, just waitin on ole AF :wavey:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, good luck and happy anniversary! Thinking of you.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP, I'm thinking of you today. I hope this is it! And Happy Anniversary!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MP, thinking of you & obsessively checking for your update.
Happy anniversary & good luck today!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
LOL, good to see I'm not the only one checking this page obsessively. Good luck MP, thinking of you!

~LC

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Quick update. I had two transferred this morning. One very good quality and the other mediocre. One other blast was not quite ready, but will be frozen. They are watching a couple more that weren't quite blasts yet. Appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers! You ladies are the best!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
:appl: Happy to see this update MP! Hooray you had one very good quality embryo. Hoping the rest grow well. What did the clinic say is the protocol from here on out?

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, MP. I'm glad you had the transfer today. Here's hoping and praying for a super,sticky healthy baby or babies!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to send you the stickiest of sticky dust. Sorry for my ignorance on the subject, but does it improve your odds that you carried Ev to full term with no issues? I'm keeping everything crossed for you and the embies!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Yay MP, happy anniversary!!! Tons of sticky dust to you!!! I was wondering the same thing as NEL.

Hope you get a nice birthday surprise in a couple of weeks, and are able to take it easy and celebrate your anniversary tonight!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results