Why having daughters is better than having sons

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubba Hubba, Princess. :naughty:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can tell you between DH and I - he is WAY the one with the bigger heart.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hosed.. 2 sons.. future DIL distant (her mother is an idiot).. guess I will have to start knocking on nieces doors!!

redwood66|1406420119|3721198 said:
Well I'm screwed then. Hopefully they visit me in the home they put me in. :cry:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm not even mildly surprised. I come from a culture where sons are supposed to care for parents, not daughters, and I can categorically state that it doesn't happen. Much as I like my MIL, I would never care for her like I would for my own mother, and that's the honest truth. Luckily, she does have a daughter. I don't have any kids so it's a nursing home for me, unless one of my many nieces decide to take me in!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Tekate|1406660468|3722662 said:
I'm hosed.. 2 sons.. future DIL distant (her mother is an idiot).. guess I will have to start knocking on nieces doors!!

redwood66|1406420119|3721198 said:
Well I'm screwed then. Hopefully they visit me in the home they put me in. :cry:

If it's any help, my DH took excellent care of his mom in her last years. We bought her a house two doors down, a car, supported her emotionally,financially, and in every way possible.

Perhaps it helps that his sign is Cancer, because they are very family-oriented?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I have to say this entire conversation scares me. I am 30, my mom is 60. I live on the west coast, she lives on the east coast. I have no clue what will happen when she starts to get up there in years. What's "normal"? Do most parents eventually move in with their children? If so, at what age does that tend to happen? My grandparents are in their mid-80's and still live together but at least they have each other. My mom lives alone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results