shape
carat
color
clarity

Something I didn't know about PayPal….

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Did you know that PayPal can file a claim/open a case on your behalf? I purchased a vintage handbag on Etsy, went on vacation, and when I returned home, I checked my PayPal account and was surprised to see an "open case" note in my account. I clicked on it for details and sure enough, the payment for the bag I purchased, was on hold and a case was pending. I called PayPal and the rep told me that PayPal keeps track of payments and sometimes certain payments are "flagged" for investigation. In my case, the seller must have had a pattern of fraudulent activity (her Etsy feedback was good, so I had no idea) and they opened a case on my behalf for my protection. The rep also told me that I would likely never receive the bag and if I did, I should be very careful about checking authenticity. She said that the case was still under review, but that PayPal would likely be refunding my money very soon. I had no idea that PayPal offered that sort of protection, but I'm impressed.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, I was impressed with Paypal recently.
They helped me get a full refund for a misrepresented Etsy Purchase.

[Many years ago I sold a saddle for 1200 and somehow my account got frozen and no one could explain why or fix it. They said it was privileged information!
It took 3 months to sort out and I was insanely angry - this is when you would call, get put on hold for 20 minutes, then get referred to another department, then another].

They have come a long way.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
PayPal allows sellers to link multiple emails to the same account. So, if a seller is engaged in some questionable business practices under one email, it's no stretch for PayPal to start tracking activities on that one or on all the other emails/IDs that are linked to that PayPal account.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Paypal has been extremely helpful in a few purchases I made (and not received item) However an incident that happened a few years ago with an antique violin left a bad taste in my mouth. I understand where paypal and seller were coming from but the result was uncalled for and incredibly troubling.

http://www.businessinsider.com/paypal-violin-destroy-return-refund-2012-1

I trust paypal as a buyer, but I am a little wary as a seller in some cases. I used to sell high end antiques online and don't anymore because pif situations like the violin.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett, was that your violin? I remember reading about that case and how crazy it seemed... :?:cry:

rebecca954

Rough_Rock
No doubt that pay-pal service is good & user friendly too.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I did know this. They do a pretty good job of "policing" activity. I've heard of a few horror stories were they went beyond their scope with items deemed to be "fraudulent" that ended up not being so, but for the most part, they really have your back.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results